Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Partner abe_ascends

Jul 14, 2005, 4:27 AM
Post #1 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Milton area climbers- Introduce yourself
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi folks,
My name is Adam, and I'm a climbing junkie. I'm fresh outta university, and I"m having a relaxing summer full of climbing before I have to start to seriously consider what I want to do in the future. I live in the milton area, and try to climb most days of the week. I currently sport/TR at 5.10-11, Trad 5.7/8/9ish, and boulder anything within reach. I have a full trad rack, rope, draws, and bouldering crash pad. If you are looking for someone to climb with through the week in the morn/afternoons, then introduce yourself in the forum or toss me a PM.

Cheers, and happy climbing,

Adam

kriso9tails

Jul 14, 2005, 5:26 AM
Post #2 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Re: Milton area climbers- Introduce yourself [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I won't be in the area for much longer, but hopefully I'll make it to the glen a couple more times and I have a project that I'd like to finish up at Nemo. I have no idea when I'd go though since transportation's an issue for me.

You han try halcyon for partners too (link in my sig). Quite a few S Ontario climbers there, many Niagara Glen frequenters, but at times it's hard to get a reply.

fukencanadian

Jul 14, 2005, 12:50 PM
Post #3 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Adam - I'm usually climbing with a few others at Nemo on the weekends....can't during the week, ya know that work thing kinda gets in the way.....yer welcome to join us on the weekends though - I'm usually sport leading around 11's and some 12's, but I'd love to hook up with someone who's got some trad experience...

send me a PM if you want to go, we're thinking of Old Baldy this weekend....but who knows where we'll end up

cheers

Colin

ecocliffchick

Jul 14, 2005, 1:09 PM
Post #4 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My partner is headed to Squamish tomorrow for the next week and a half, and I may be searching for someone to climb with. I'm hoping to climb Sat 16th, Sun 17th, Tues 19th, Thurs 21st, and Sat. 23rd. I can get away from work by 4pm during the week and be in the Nemo parking lot by 4:30 or so. On weekends I'm free all day. And I've got transportation and can give people a lift from Guelph.

Just for info - I'm coming off a pretty severe knee injury so I can't lead anything. But I'm good to follow sport or trad. Pretty solid at 5.11 lately, trying out some 12's this afternoon at Nemo. Gear-wise I've only got a rope, draws and some webbing and lockers (the rest of the rack is in Squamish).
-Kathryn

jumpingrock

Jul 14, 2005, 4:19 PM
Post #5 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey. I'm a nemo climber as well, and will be for the next month or so. My partner is studying for exams and other school stuff (heh poor girl) so I am also looking for partners.

Kathryn, I generally attempt to avoid climbing when it is this bloody hot, but I can make it out next tues and thursday. I can leave work @ 4:00 and be there @ about 4:45 or so.

I lead 10's sport (with the occasional I'm a wuss rests) and up to 5.8 trad.

I am also looking for a partner for a day trip to lions head on saturday Jul 23rd (ie camp friday night and climb saturday, be back home on sat night) and then a road trip somewhere for the august long weekend. Thinking perhaps the adirondaks if anybody is interested.

ecocliffchick

Jul 14, 2005, 4:50 PM
Post #6 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Kathryn, I generally attempt to avoid climbing when it is this bloody hot, but I can make it out next tues and thursday. I can leave work @ 4:00 and be there @ about 4:45 or so.

I'll let you know how I feel about climbing next week after this afternoon's attempt in the heat. Last thursday it was only 25 C and it was awesome, but today will be closer to 35 C. I may be reconsidering...

jumpingrock

Jul 14, 2005, 5:00 PM
Post #7 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

I'll let you know how I feel about climbing next week after this afternoon's attempt in the heat. Last thursday it was only 25 C and it was awesome, but today will be closer to 35 C. I may be reconsidering...

Ya. Just keep it in mind. I can't stand this heat either. This weekend I am going to be climbing @ 5:00 am and be back in bed @ 11:00 or so. Gotta beat the heat somehow.

Partner p_grandbois

Jul 14, 2005, 5:13 PM
Post #8 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey guys, I live in Waterloo, going to school. Right now I am just working for the summer and I head out every chance I get. I TR anything till 13's and will climb anything on trad from a 9 to a 13, I am working on a video on the escarpment to show my comp buddies in Banff. anytime or anyone who wants to head out I would love to throw you guys in the video. I have a film student doing all the camera work and music dubbing and such.

PM me if anyone is in for a good day of real climbing, I have been forced to stay on the plastic for the past few months, with the exception of the squamish boulder blast and the quebec trip we took.

PM ME

Partner abe_ascends

Jul 14, 2005, 5:25 PM
Post #9 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I should also say, I'm around on weekends too.

ecocliffchick

Jul 14, 2005, 7:19 PM
Post #10 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey - are any of you in Milton right now? It's 3:15pm and it's pouring rain in Guelph. I'm seriously considering driving to Nemo in case it's an isolated shower. Right now the Hamilton airport forecast shows no rain, but I can't get any details on Burlington, Milton, etc..... Have you had any rain showers this afternoon? Uh-oh, here comes the thunder... I think climbing may be out.

krillen

Jul 14, 2005, 7:26 PM
Post #11 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Looks like you're hooped.

http://www.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/.../index_e.html?id=WSO

Milton Falls is getting rained on as we speak, Burlington is bone dry.

fukencanadian

Jul 14, 2005, 10:33 PM
Post #12 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey everyone, first off - great thread!! it's awesome to see everyone comin' outa the woodwork :D

I live in Kitchener, and I'm up for some serious climbing anytime.....usually weekends only work, cause I work till about 5 during the week, and it'd be past 6 by the time I got to Nemo....but I'd like to get out both days on the weekend....

I'd also like to get a trip up to Lion's head sometime soon, I've never been...I tried last weekend to get something going, but never worked out......I'd also be up for trip later on in the summer, I was thinking RRG but I'm up for anything

Hey p_grandbois -
I'll be in the film for sure, let me know when you want to go

anyone of you guys can send me an email anytime for some climbin'

lipo99@hotmail.com

tradrenn

Jul 15, 2005, 1:08 AM
Post #13 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hay all

First I want to say this is really asome thread.

I prefer trad but latelly I'm also interested in sport, especially at Lions Head that place is amayzing, I've been there once and I can go every second weekend if any one wants to go. Drive to there on friday night.
I should let you know that I'm working a lot now so I'm pretty weak now
and can only lead soprt 5.10a maybe 5.10b and trad 5.7

Should anybody be interested please let me know

Thanks

P.S. Soulclimbz welkome to RC.com

Partner abe_ascends

Jul 15, 2005, 3:31 AM
Post #14 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

First off, Tradrenn, thanks for the warm welcome. I'm really diggin' this whole community atmosphere. To the rest, I'm glad you like the thread. javascript:emoticon(':D')
Very Happy
I forgot to mention that I'm also very available on weekends. Feel free to toss me a PM or whatever. I sometimes lack a car, so transportation to climbing destinations outside of milton can (sometimes) be a problem. I do however believe very strongly in providing an appropriate amount of gas money for those kind souls willing to drive my car-less climber's ass around. javascript:emoticon(':wink:')
Wink
That being said, I do have a car this weekend, and I"m looking at meeting a friend in the Bruce somewhere to do some climbing. I"m leaving early saturday morning (or possibly fri. night after 11pm), and if anyone would like a lift and someone to climb with, then lets make some plans!! Most likely we'll be doing sport this weekend.
So that's about it i guess. Let's get climbing! Woo! Nice to meet you all.
Cheers,
Adam (soulclimbz)
ps- p_grandbois, I'd be totally stoked to be in yer video

crazydeafclimber

Jul 16, 2005, 4:40 AM
Post #15 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I would love to introduce myself ... Hello to all.. my name is Linda and am deaf but really hard of hearing that mean I can talk well and with help of hearing aid is that kewl! I would like to meet you all I love to go climbing very much ..... I do know lead, trad, sport, toproping, and belay. Lead/Trad 5.7 and sport 5.9 maybe 10. I did touch 5.11 at RRG oh almost make it shoot shoot but tried it. Good eh? So would like to meet you just let me know. when and what time and where. I have been at Rattlesnake point so many time, but not at Buffalo Crag, Kelso and Nemo. But I went there at Kelso and Nemo but not Buffalo Crag.. oh boo on me!

Just email me or pm me thanks.

:wink: crazydeafclimber

anytimeanywhere

Jul 17, 2005, 2:51 AM
Post #16 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Adam,

My name is Carol. I'm currently looking for partners to climb with.... I live in Kitsilano, Vancouver. I'm fairly new at climbing, I know how to belay and all the basic stuff.

What i need to know is where is Milton? I guess once thats confirmed it'll be easier to decide what to do...

I'm available to climb anytime.

climb on,

Carol

geezergecko

Jul 17, 2005, 1:20 PM
Post #17 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
... I live in Kitsilano, Vancouver...What i need to know is where is Milton?
Um, it's Milton, ONTARIO. Not worth it if you live in B.C. :wink:

ecocliffchick

Jul 19, 2005, 12:52 PM
Post #18 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Looks like we may finally have a break from the rain - and one of my partners is back from BC - so I'll be at Nemo this evening. Maybe I'll run into some of you there.

granite_grrl

Jul 19, 2005, 2:57 PM
Post #19 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just got back from my vacation and can't beleive this heat! I think that I've decided that I'm going to try to find some cooler places to climb on the weekend, Bon Echo or Lion's Head.

I feel like I'm finally making some progress on the grades I climb, and while I love trad climbing, I would like to focus on sport climbing for a little bit too. Depending where I'm at and how inspired I am I climb 5.6 - 5.8 on gear, and 5.10 (hopefully 5.11's soon) on sport. I'll try anything on toprope ;).

I also really like to boulder, but trips to the Glen are generally reserved for evenings after work (its on my way home) or when I don't feel like commiting to an hour drive to get to the Milton Crags. If I'm around I'll head to the glen at the drop of a hat.

JumpingRock - I would love to head to Lion's Head this weekend, let me know. I would also really like to check out some other areas in New England, ie - the Daks, the Gunks, New Hapshire stuff...anywhere really.

jumpingrock

Jul 19, 2005, 4:47 PM
Post #20 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ecocliffchick, have fun at Nemo tonight. Grant and I tried to get out sunday morning (7am) and while it was raining, you really couldn't tell, because the humidity and heat made you sweat so much it felt like raining.

Unfortunatly, it looks like I won't be able to head to Lions Head this weekend :( I have too much stuff to take care of before I head back to Edmonton on August 20th. Still not sure what's shaping up for the long weekend. Probably will know better early next week. Really want to head somewhere where the weather will be cool as this heat is next to disgusting.

Partner abe_ascends

Jul 19, 2005, 4:51 PM
Post #21 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi all,
I can't believe this thread is still going! that's so exciting! Lets keep it alive and keep in touch. fantastic!
Granite_grrl: I may also be heading up to LH this weekend with tradrenn and perhaps a couple others. Plans and rides aren't solid yet, but if you wish to join us, toss a PM. The more the merrier I always say!
Oh, I second the motion to go to the Gunks, Daxs or whereever. The only place I've been outside of Ontario is Red river gorge. Coincidentally, I will likely be heading down there on the Aug. long weekend. I highly encourage anyone to join us, perhaps meeting up at Miguels. RRG is usually sweltering in the summer, but i just did a temperature comparison yesterday. It's actually 5 degrees cooler right now (with or without humidy) than it is in S. Ontario!

Anytimeanywhere (Carol): Nice to meet you! the climbing here in Ont. is nothing compared to what you have in BC, but if you do happen to find your way here, I'd be more than happy to show you around the local crags. Cheers!

gilthanass

Jul 19, 2005, 6:08 PM
Post #22 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

to start off with, I feel REALLY inferior replying to this thread.

I am from markham, ON, when I climb, it is in milton.

Currently I am topropping mostly. Yep, thats right, I have sport climbing gear, and have learned how to do it (some in gym) but at the present, I am not good enough to do many (if any) routes. I started climbing 5 years ago, climbed for a year or two, then got really busy (school in winter, job in summer) and stopped. My skills are terrible now, but I still love it, and hope to get good enough to sport and trad someday.

I am free most of the time, weekends are good, weekdays sometimes work.

Anyway, that is all.

Steve

Partner abe_ascends

Jul 19, 2005, 6:45 PM
Post #23 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

First off, it's nice to meet you Steve.
Second, there's no reason to feel inferior. We're a friendly bunch, I think. Besides, climbing is a progression. You work at it, you get better. I'm sure not many of us (if any at all) are in the upper echelons of the climbing world. I for one am nowhere near the level of being able to onsight a 5.13d. I certainly don't find myself to be in the position to judge others for their climbing ability. I think that if even the greatest climbers were to judge others' ability they do so in poor taste and with poor manners. They may have gained the bragging rights that goes with climbing a 5.14d or whatever, but that doesn't give them (or anyone) the right to treat others like dirt.
I suppose I'm going off on a tangent here, but my point is simply: keep it up, play hard, and don't feel inferior to anyone.
Again, very nice to meet you.

Adam

fukencanadian

Jul 19, 2005, 9:25 PM
Post #24 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Adam, and the rest,

man this thread is awesome!! lets keep it up :D

I'd be up for going to LH this weekend, I've been talking with Tradrenn about that, actually we're supposed to be at Nemo like right now climbing, but I just got a message from him saying he hurt his hand or something, so hopefully he's not out for too long....

We should try and get a group together for the weekend, that'd be awesome...

Also I'd be up for a trip somewhere in Aug. RRG or New England, as long as I'm climbin' I'm happy :P

If anyone wants to go out to Nemo this week around 6pm I'd be up for that as well

Cheers

Colin

geezergecko

Jul 19, 2005, 10:05 PM
Post #25 of 85 (12534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
to start off with, I feel REALLY inferior replying to this thread.

I am from markham, ON, when I climb, it is in milton.

Steve
Well Steve, I am from Keswick, north of Markham, and I too climb in Milton. If that doesn't make you feel a bit less inferior then my inability to climb anything harder than 5.9 should make you feel a whole lot better.

- a proud single digit climber.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : Canada

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook