RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

adamchilton

Jul 14, 2005, 7:45 AM
Post #1 of 1 (350 views)
Shortcut

Need Some Help
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I work at a camp in Ohio and we need a little help with ideas on a project. we have a group of children coming out with muscular distropie and some would have near to no control of their muscles. We would like to take them on our "Giant Swing." the Giant swing is part of an indoor course and is basically just a cable hooked into the ceiling. these participants will be in FBH's and will probably be hooked into the back loop or perhaps into a belay chair once they are harnessed. they are then pulled up to the side wall to gain heigth. typically the participant is holding a piece of webbing that acts as a "Rip Cord" which is ran through 2 screw links and back over itself a few times. once up to their desired heigth they would simply let go of the webbing and it would release them. the problem is with the clients that we will be using they won't be able to hold the webbing. we are trying to figure out how we could remotely release them from the ground but have not been able to think of anything this far. if you have any ideas it would be much appreciated. we are in need of something practial and safe. there would be quite a few people using this system so it would also need to be easily re-set up. i don't know if i'm looking for a specific device or just knot with a line running down to pull out but any suggestion would be a good help.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook