RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

benfieldj

Jul 20, 2005, 2:50 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1271 views)
Shortcut

Looking for Trad Partner in North Carolina
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am looking for a trad partner in North Carolina. I lead up to about 5.8 trad and a bit harder sport. I have plenty of gear, ropes, etc. I have climbed a lot in NC, NM, and the UK. I am very familiar with Table Rock, the Gorge, Moore's, Stone, Crowders, Pilot, etc. I live near Lake Norman and am available most weekends. If you are interested either post here or send me an e-mail benfieldj@aol.com.

cruxy

Jul 21, 2005, 11:00 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1271 views)
Shortcut

Re: Looking for Trad Partner in North Carolina [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Let's go this weekend. I live in Raleigh. I just moved to the area three months ago and am dying to get on some rock. email me at davidweisenhorn@hotmail.com. You can check out my post to find out just a little me about me. If this looks serious email me soon.

nc_trad_climber

Jul 22, 2005, 1:39 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1271 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Good to hear from another trad climber in the area. I live in Gastonia and climb with a couple of guys around town. It would be great to have another partner as an option. I have a full rack and lead 5.7 to 5.8 trad and 5.9 sport. Living so close by I get to Crowders quite a bit, though I hate it. I have family in Morganton, and would like to get to Table Rock or Linville Gorge more often. I will be in Yosemite Aug 3-10, but otherwise am open to getting out with you. You can leave me a message here or email me at masseyhouse@hotmail.com.

dutyje

Jul 22, 2005, 1:50 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1271 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey add me to your list (and everybody else in this thread, too, please).... I'm a beginning trad leader, and I'm dying to get out, but my partner hasn't had much free time. I'd be willing to clean if you show me around some of these places. I've only been to Pilot, Crowder's, and Looking Glass, and being a 9-5er with a 1-year-old, I'm stuck in the gym more often than not. I wouldn't have any trouble following 5.8's, and fully expect to be able to lead most 5.7 trad without any trouble, if you're looking to swing leads. If you ever head out to Inner Peaks, I'm also looking for a competent lead belay out there (again, because my partner is a loser and hasn't the time).

dutyje

Jul 22, 2005, 1:52 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1271 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey add me to your list (and everybody else in this thread, too, please).... I'm a beginning trad leader, and I'm dying to get out, but my partner hasn't had much free time. I'd be willing to clean if you show me around some of these places. I've only been to Pilot, Crowder's, and Looking Glass, and being a 9-5er with a 1-year-old, I'm stuck in the gym more often than not. I wouldn't have any trouble following 5.8's, and fully expect to be able to lead most 5.7 trad without any trouble, if you're looking to swing leads. If you ever head out to Inner Peaks, I'm also looking for a competent lead belay out there (again, because my partner is a loser and hasn't the time).

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook