RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

hollyclimber

Jul 18, 2002, 8:22 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1751 views)
Shortcut

Aid Photos are cleaning up
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Anyone notice that it seems like MOST of the photos on the front page are aid photos? And they are all really good too. Its almost like torture for me right now though, since I don't think I will be on a big wall 6 more weeks or so....ARGH the pain of waiting...

Check them out and vote for our aid buddies photos...

passthepitonspete

Jul 18, 2002, 10:08 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1751 views)
Shortcut

Aid Photos are cleaning up [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I cannot frickin' be-LEEV that of all my aid climbing photos, including the ones with vertiginous views and wicked exposure, that it is

THIS PHOTO

which is the most highly rated!

Spoken in Fat Bastard voice with heavy Scottish accent:

"Ach! Luke at me - I've got such a sex-y bod-dee!"

krustyklimber

Jul 18, 2002, 10:17 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1751 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

C'mon Holly,

You know how to post photos, where are your's?

Jeff

P.S. You should come over to my house for a cold one, and teach me how!

radistrad

Jul 18, 2002, 10:50 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1751 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think its because while aiding you can bring any thing with you, that camera is no longer "extra weight". Your also moving slower and that allows for more time to snap pics. Seems to me that most of the good photo are taken from above and are of portaledges or cleaning photos, most of the lead photos are ass shots, there are some exceptions but you rarley see a leading photo from above and those would be the best!

hollyclimber

Jul 19, 2002, 10:09 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1751 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I agree that most of the photos that people vote for are portaledge photos. To that I say, get over it!! A portaledge is not the coolest thing on the wall!

My favorite aid photo is this one I ripped out a calendar of some dude belaying at the Great Roof, having just finished it. It instantly flashed me back to the same spot. I could see the rock and all the features, feel the feeling of exiting the cool of the roof into the belay. I keep it on the wall in my gear room to provide daily inspiration.

My next favorite is one of me arriving at a belay in Zion...because my boyfriend put it in a frame in his room...pretty cool I thought.

Holly

PS-JEFF, the problem is that my aid photos that I have are almost all slides or prints and aren't digitized. I tried to get them to scan my slides and they were going to charge $0.75 per slide plus $7 for the cd, and I just couldn't afford it. So, I need to find someone with a scanner and I will be able to scan about half of my shots.

I DO HAVE A NEW ALPINE PHOTO that shows some really wicked cornices on the descent from Sahale, and while the photo is not a close up of me, I think I look pretty bitchin in my mountaineering getup and my new red helmet. So, vote for it if you want. Its zero right now because its brand new...

http://www.rockclimbing.com/photos.php?Action=ListPhoto&PhotoID=5608

Cheers...
Off to Index for the weekend...yesterday was sweet there, although the bugs are biting...

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook