RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

cruxy

Jul 21, 2005, 2:04 AM
Post #1 of 9 (1382 views)
Shortcut

NC Trad
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Looking for a climbing partner this weekend in the NC Area (22-24 July). I just moved to Raleigh form Arlington, VA. I learned to lead trad at Seneca Rocks and lead a 5.8 there and plenty of 5.7's (West Pole, Crispy Critter, Green Wall, Pleasant O's, Tomato, Banana). I just came back from Seattle three weeks ago and I swear I lead a 5.10b sport route that was easier than some of the above climbs. I have a full trad rack and more. I am willing to earn my keep at cleaning the first outing. I am safe and patient, So let's climb!

tradalltheway

Jul 21, 2005, 2:38 AM
Post #2 of 9 (1382 views)
Shortcut

Re: NC Trad [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you don't have any luck anywhere else then shoot me a PM, I may be able to do Looking Glass on Saturday after noon or Sunday anytime. I'm right along with ya on leading 5.8 trad. Looking Glass has some great MultiPitch routes that are easy leads but have tricky protection. Fun place to climb. I'm not familiar with any other NC locations.

goober

Jul 21, 2005, 3:23 AM
Post #3 of 9 (1382 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There are quite a few climbers from Raleigh. Check on the Carolina Climbers website. However I can tell you that the best place to meet Carolina Climbers is up at the New :lol: . Sorry Guys, but it's true ya know. For in-state destinations head out to Moores, it's a good place to pick up a partner.

nc_trad_climber

Jul 22, 2005, 1:31 AM
Post #4 of 9 (1382 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey David, this is Chris from Gastonia. I climbed with you at Crowders while you were in the process of moving back to NC. I have been climbing quite a bit lately, and will be heading to Yosemite Aug 3-10. I can't get away this weekend, but would be up for it most any other time. If you still have my number give me a call. If not email me at masseyhouse@hotmail.com. By the way, I spoke to Jack and heard that your trip out west was a success. Hope to get out with you soon...

ottoman

Jul 22, 2005, 1:35 AM
Post #5 of 9 (1382 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Don't know what the lesser of the two evils will be, Moore's or the New......Either place is going to be dang hot or wet.....Just the summer time pattern....till we get a stronger front from up North to come through.....Cheers and good climbing

akrafty1

Jul 22, 2005, 2:34 AM
Post #6 of 9 (1382 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You can always find a cool spot in the gorge...

Shortoff, TR Hawksbill

And since your in Raleigh Check out NCROCK we meet 1st monday of every month for beer and dinner. Possibly at Ri Ras this coming up month. Climbers of every ability.

Shane

burz

Jul 22, 2005, 3:10 AM
Post #7 of 9 (1382 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Stuck in Charlotte this weekend for work but should be off Saturday or Sunday. Have harness, shoes, and belay device. Call me and we can meet up. Will lead trad up to 5.8 or well protected 5.9.

832-746-4091

Jon

cruxy

Jul 22, 2005, 1:15 PM
Post #8 of 9 (1382 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Chris,

What's going on man? I tried calling you not to long ago. As a matter of fact it was Mother's Day weekend. I was looking for a partner and gave you a ring, but remembered it was Mother's Day weekend and figured you would not be able to get out. Sorry for the temptation.

Yeah, Mt Rainer was incredible! A real suffer fest, but we cruised it. I went with two friends of mine. We made it from base camp (10,200FT) to the summit (14,410FT) in four and a half hours. All but killed me but we did it. I got some pics I'll have to show you sometime.

Let's get together soon for some trad action, what do you say? My wife and I live right in the heart of Raleigh. We are going to head down to Moore's Wall this Saturday to meet one of the guys that replied. I will let you know how it turns out. Here is our home number, give it a ring some time. (919) 782-8004.

Take care man and keep rockin'
David

cruxy

Jul 22, 2005, 1:15 PM
Post #9 of 9 (1382 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Chris,

What's going on man? I tried calling you not to long ago. As a matter of fact it was Mother's Day weekend. I was looking for a partner and gave you a ring, but remembered it was Mother's Day weekend and figured you would not be able to get out. Sorry for the temptation.

Yeah, Mt Rainer was incredible! A real suffer fest, but we cruised it. I went with two friends of mine. We made it from base camp (10,200FT) to the summit (14,410FT) in four and a half hours. All but killed me but we did it. I got some pics I'll have to show you sometime.

Let's get together soon for some trad action, what do you say? My wife and I live right in the heart of Raleigh. We are going to head down to Moore's Wall this Saturday to meet one of the guys that replied. I will let you know how it turns out. Here is our home number, give it a ring some time. (919) 782-8004.

Take care man and keep rockin'
David

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook