RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

fightinaggie5405

Sep 5, 2005, 1:40 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1748 views)
Shortcut

Beginner in need of partner
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Howdy,
I'm pretty new to this and am in nee of a partner that would be interested in climbing 2-3 times a week if possible. Like I said I'm real green when it comes to climbing but I'm ready to learn what ever I can. I've been going to Stoneworks in Carrollton, TX so if you can help I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

MD :D

Partner crgwhe

Sep 5, 2005, 9:31 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1748 views)
Shortcut

Re: Beginner in need of partner [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey fightinaggie5405, you are welcome to join our growing group of climbers. We are meeting at Summit Climbing gym on Saturday September the 17th at 11:00 for a day of climbing. We got together because of a post I started;

http://www.rockclimbing.com/topic/95017

and we climb as a group every month. We are not a club or climbing organization. There is no membership fees or waiver forms. We are just a group of climbers who like to....climb...and socialize. I'm buying pizza for all who show up and climb with us. We will be discussing the date and location of our next climb during lunch. Possibly a camping trip to POB. I am getting passes for everyone to climb at the Hugely Fitness Center to practice sport climbing before we go to POB.
Skill level is irrelevant as a lot of the climbers are fairly new to the sport or have been away from climbing for a while. PM me if you have any questions.

austinclmbr

Sep 6, 2005, 6:07 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1748 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

good for you guys oout there on the prarie!!

let me know if you ever make it to Austin or Erock, I'll show you around.

vlasik

Sep 6, 2005, 7:20 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1748 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The impromptu climbing group sounds great. I am just getting back into climbing off of a 5 year break. Saturdays are usually full of work. If you ever organize someting on a Sunday let me know. Ill join ya.

Partner crgwhe

Sep 7, 2005, 11:23 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1748 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

We will make it to Austin or Erock in time. Most need to improve on skill level or purchase more gear first.
We climb on Saturday or Sunday or both if camping. I'll let you know Vlasik when our Sunday (Hugely is closed on Saturday-the hospital is Presbyterian) sport practice thing is.
In the mean time; fightinaggie is still looking for a partner to climb at Stoneworks.

fightinaggie5405

Sep 7, 2005, 6:08 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1748 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

howdy all,

i really appreciate all ya'lls help. i think i've found a buddy at work that climbs so i think for the most part im set. if any of ya'll ever need some one to go with you, hit me up. i'm not that experienced climbing but i can belay like no boddies business ;o) thanks again for the help!

MD

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook