RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trad Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

thrmaln

Sep 26, 2005, 3:04 PM
Post #1 of 2 (838 views)
Shortcut

First Trad lead! Woo hoo
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello all,

I just went to Jtree for my first time on Staurday. What a great place! Anyway, I just started climbing in March of this year. I never thought in my wildest dreams, I would ever want to try trad since it just seemed crazy when I first started climbing. I started sport climbing at Williamson this summer and learned how to lead sport, and have worked up to leading 5.9. So I decided to bite the bullet and start to buy gear building a rack. I had the chance to use my own gear for the first time and loved every minute. Even though my first lead was a paltry 5.2, I was sketched for sure at the start. All went well though and I hope to spend a lot of time in Jtree this winter honing my new skills. Hopefully, come next summer, I will feel comfortable enough to lead an easy multipitch at Tahquitz.

Oh on a side note, I had a chance to use my Trango Maxcams and they are very nice. My friend was unsure how he felt about them since he uses camalots and tech friends. After he used the maxcams, he loves them now. I have both C4's and maxcams and it was nice especially to a newbie like me that their sizes and sling colors coincide with each other. I just need a few more aliens and some more biners and I have all I need.

Best regards,

Marc Webster

stabla

Sep 27, 2005, 2:14 AM
Post #2 of 2 (838 views)
Shortcut

Re: First Trad lead! Woo hoo [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Max Cams are way dank, congrats on your lead man
cheers

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Trad Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook