Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

korntera

Oct 11, 2005, 4:20 AM
Post #76 of 80 (8442 views)
Shortcut

Re: can I get this free? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Buy the book from amazon.com I bought that book and have it sitting by me but I will not send it to you. Support the people that make this fine book or they will not make any more books.

squierbypetzl

Oct 11, 2005, 4:36 AM
Post #77 of 80 (8442 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Mike,

You should read this:
http://www.rockbeer.org/bbs/topic.php?forumid=1&topicid=1128747153

Ahhh. All is clear now.

In reply to:
(look at his post)
Sig:Hey, how do you use this thing

What, grammar?

In reply to:
i wish my dog could fly

Me too...

timstich

Oct 11, 2005, 5:18 AM
Post #78 of 80 (8442 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I challenge each of you to find a climbing site in French, Italian or another language and just post an introduction!

Taz

I've done this and no one was mean to me. Well, maybe they were, but I didn't understand what they said. Ha ha ha!

thrmaln

Oct 11, 2005, 4:28 PM
Post #79 of 80 (8442 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello all,

I am always amazed at how posts can fly off on a tangent and how quickly people are to judge, ridicule and defame each other. WTF is wrong with some people. I got into climbing to better myself and enjoy the outdoors. What I found was it is full of some of the most amazing people and I have only met one Dick; and he was at a gym. If I wanted to partake in a sport full of Aholes that did not want you to be there, I would start Surfing again. I gave it up after high school since locals always looked down on any new people invading what they considered their personal space. Don't get me wrong, not all surfers are dicks and conversely, not all climbers are cool, but I have found climbing to be a much more open community with people embracing newbies.

Now back to the posting at hand. Sinorock (JANE) most likely has the best take on this GoldenMike character since she knows of his escapades on both US and Chinese websites. I had offered to do what I could without even considering he could be on the take. Others offered as well. Regardless of whether GoldenMike was on the take or not, it still shows that the majority of the people on this group and climbers in general are a caring and giving bunch. Take all posts with a grain of salt yet always give the benefit of a doubt, help out when you can and keep the defaming and useless jokes (like the time when fishizzle slept with some object) to a minimum and we will all be the better for it and get some quality information from each other. Group Hug LOL!

Oh and as much as I hate to say it tatooedclimber may of had this guy figured out from the beginning or he got lucky. However, he jumped to conclusions before the whole story was out and was quick to flame which in my opinion was wrong. But that just one guys opinion anyway.

Best regards all and keep the good posts and info coming,

Marc Webster

thrmaln

Oct 11, 2005, 4:34 PM
Post #80 of 80 (8442 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello all,

I am always amazed at how posts can fly off on a tangent and how quickly people are to judge, ridicule and defame each other. WTF is wrong with some people. I got into climbing to better myself and enjoy the outdoors. What I found was it is full of some of the most amazing people and I have only met one Dick; and he was at a gym. If I wanted to partake in a sport full of Aholes that did not want you to be there, I would start Surfing again. I gave it up after high school since locals always looked down on any new people invading what they considered their personal space. Don't get me wrong, not all surfers are dicks and conversely, not all climbers are cool, but I have found climbing to be a much more open community with people embracing newbies.

Now back to the posting at hand. Sinorock (JANE) most likely has the best take on this GoldenMike character since she knows of his escapades on both US and Chinese websites. I had offered to do what I could without even considering he could be on the take. Others offered as well. Regardless of whether GoldenMike was on the take or not, it still shows that the majority of the people on this group and climbers in general are a caring and giving bunch. Take all posts with a grain of salt yet always give the benefit of a doubt, help out when you can and keep the defaming and useless jokes (like the time when fishizzle slept with some object) to a minimum and we will all be the better for it and get some quality information from each other. Group Hug LOL!

Oh and as much as I hate to say it tatooedclimber may of had this guy figured out from the beginning or he got lucky. However, he jumped to conclusions before the whole story was out and was quick to flame which in my opinion was wrong. But that just one guys opinion anyway.

Best regards all and keep the good posts and info coming,

Marc Webster

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook