RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Competition Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

skatedork

Nov 1, 2005, 2:21 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1571 views)
Shortcut

ABS 7 Format
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have been climbing seriously for a month now and I can flash up and V0/1 and I am decent at V2/3s so I was thinking of signing up for an ABS 7 Comp in Feb. What are the formats of these competitions? What classes are there? From what I have seen I would probably do Adult Rec since I havent been climbing long.

Win or lose I am really just out to have a good time :)

kahuna3602

Nov 1, 2005, 3:43 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1571 views)
Shortcut

Re: ABS 7 Format [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Definitely, just go do it, they're lots of fun and a good time. You get to hangout with lots of people with a good climbing vibe going on. Adult Rec sounds like a good place to start, and it's real low pressure then. Just remember four hours is a long time to boulder, don't give it all you got in the first 15 minutes.

skatedork

Nov 1, 2005, 3:59 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1571 views)
Shortcut

Re: ABS 7 Format [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Low Pressure!!! I prefer lots of pressure, I perform my best in those situations, however, I have to start somewhere and Adult Rec would sure give me a feel for what it is all about. Is there a set level for Adult Rec climbers, like they only climb V0/1 or something like that?

So the average climbing time for a comp is 4 hours? That is pretty impressive. I am doing 2+ hours a session 3 - 4 days a week on top of running 5k+ every day for the most part.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Competition Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook