RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

brooks8970

Nov 21, 2005, 7:06 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1428 views)
Shortcut

bibler i tent/portaledge combos
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Does anyone know if an i tent works with a metolius bomshelter double? What about the center flaps on the double ledges? Do they have to be disconnected? Does an anchor attachment have to be run through the door of the tent or is there a hole in the tent wall somewhere for this? Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

stymingersfink

Nov 22, 2005, 7:22 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1428 views)
Shortcut

Re: bibler i tent/portaledge combos [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

The BIG WALL I TENT has been discontinued, and I'm not parting with mine. They are the http://www.historyplace.com/...r2/ww2-pix/abomb.jpg! I did find something similar here. The theory behind the BIG WALL I-Tent was that it had sealable slits in the floor, through which you could thread the "Shark fins" of the double portaledge, to a built-in RF wleded Anchor Point. This would provide you with a secure, weatherproof anchor to tie in to while inside the tent, while also supporting the tension of the bed surface. It was made specifically for the Double Sky-Lounge, though if it works with any other designs is unknown by me.
If you CAN find one, expect to pay upwards of $350 U.S. or more if its in good shape. Try Craigslist and post a WTB notice. That's about all I can suggest.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook