RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

camilleguignard

Nov 22, 2005, 9:04 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1087 views)
Shortcut

Why only Krabi???
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hi everyone,

What reasons makes you go down to krabi???

There are some other very nice spot in Thailand such as Koh Tao ok it is bouldering only but the place is even nicer than Krabi. Chiang Mai as plenty of routes too, all the infrastructures for touristes, etc. and some other places getting develloped and many yet to be discovered. why Krabi then? Is it because of the sea and the beach? (but nearly no climbers actually go swimming we are too busy climbing) or just because everyone go there? I am not against Krabi I love it too, I am just wondering what made the success of it.

tell me your impression

blueeyedclimber

Nov 22, 2005, 2:06 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1087 views)
Shortcut

Re: Why only Krabi??? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Having been to Krabi/Raillay, I can tell you that it is all that is was cracked up to be. The reason we went there was mainly because we heard so much about it from a variety of different sources. As more areas gain popularity and grow from word of mouth, the more they will be visited. Coming from the US, it is an incredible financial commitment to go across the globe. We wanted to be sure that it was the place we wanted to go. Since there was so much talk about it on websites like this one and simonfoley's, and magazines rave about it, and real climbers talk about it(including a couple I know personally), it was worth the commitment. We wanted something with great climbing, a tropical destination, and a place that would exotic and romantic (for our honeymoon). Also, since it was for our honeymoon, we wanted to go all out and go to a place that we might not get the chance to go again (although I do want to). All of the above lead us to Krabi. There is also tons of climbing, all within walking distance. We were there for 10 days and didn't even get to all of the areas (maybe about half of them). If we were in Thailand for a month or more, we would have checked out other areas.

Josh

Partner phaedrus

Nov 23, 2005, 6:32 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1087 views)
Shortcut

phaedrus moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

phaedrus moved this thread from General to Regional Discussions.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook