RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

tmcconn2

Dec 2, 2005, 5:23 PM
Post #1 of 5 (688 views)
Shortcut

T Wall Camping in Mid December
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Does anybody have any information on where to camp at Tennessee Wall? I'm planning a trip for the weekend of December 15. I've checked other threads and have emailed the guy making the bunkhouse and he hasn't responded. Also, what is the latest on break-ins? It sounds like I'm guaranteed to get my car broken into.

Thanks,
Mac

steelhands

Dec 2, 2005, 6:10 PM
Post #2 of 5 (688 views)
Shortcut

Re: T Wall Camping in Mid December [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Most just camp right below the parking lot, to the right near the big boulder as you are facing down hill, away from the road. (I've never acutally camped there, folks have told me that they have and there is a nice fire ring there)

I was there in Oct. and my car did not get broken into but one of the guides left her windows open just so the thieves would know there was nothing worth taking. Another guide had his pickup truck with a camper shell, locked it and we climbed all day with no issues. Roll of the dice I guess.

Darn fun place to climb. You ought to try Passages, 5.8 (old school) long corner crack with roof. Sweet route.

saxfiend

Dec 2, 2005, 6:31 PM
Post #3 of 5 (688 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Does anybody have any information on where to camp at Tennessee Wall? I'm planning a trip for the weekend of December 15. I've checked other threads and have emailed the guy making the bunkhouse and he hasn't responded. Also, what is the latest on break-ins? It sounds like I'm guaranteed to get my car broken into.

Thanks,
Mac
The bunkhouse project is defunct. Others may be able to fill you in on the, shall we say, eccentric person who was spearheading this. :wink:

I've never camped at T-Wall, but as someone else noted, a lot of people camp in the area below the parking pulloff. Also, I've heard there is some sort of paid camping further down the road where your stuff is maybe more secure than in the parking area. Maybe somone can give more details on this.

JL

tmcconn2

Dec 3, 2005, 1:09 PM
Post #4 of 5 (688 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the info, but I've read that you can't camp near the parking lot during the winter. I've read that they'll wake you up and kick you out for camping there. Hopefully this isn't true.

Mac

Partner phaedrus

Dec 4, 2005, 10:42 PM
Post #5 of 5 (688 views)
Shortcut

phaedrus moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

phaedrus moved this thread from General to Regional Discussions.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook