Premier Sponsor:

Partner macherry

Dec 5, 2005, 3:58 PM
Post #1 of 21 (750 views)
Shortcut

monday morning coffee catch-up
Report this Post
Can't Post

greetings all. coffee's on, and the oatmeal's cooking!

Great opening day at the ski hill. Lots of powder face shots, in some places it was over my hips. Got new uniforms for staff.....much nicer than the old jackets we used to have to wear.

But on a crappy note, the hubby broke his ski on a rock and lost my best ever coffee thermos!!!!!

post up people......how was your weekend????

Partner wideguy

Dec 5, 2005, 4:03 PM
Post #2 of 21 (750 views)
Shortcut

Re: monday morning coffee catch-up [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My weekend was average. Not bad, not great.

I didn't go skiing, so you're up on me there.

I need a good warm mist humidifier, why is it that all the ones that get good reviews are only available online?

GRRR!!

Coffee please.

robbovius

Dec 5, 2005, 4:34 PM
Post #3 of 21 (750 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I finished making some new prop swords for the GMBA Nutcracker (I'm the Mouse King, ta DAAAH!) I made themout of 1/8th inch thick aluminum bar you can get at home depot. they make a very satisfying "CLANK!" when the kid who plays the nutcracker prince and I bash them together in our short little swordfight. it's mint.

I am taking this frday off, and it looks as though I might be able to make it up to Mt Wachusett ski area for some boarding. that'll be kewl.

charley

Dec 5, 2005, 5:09 PM
Post #4 of 21 (750 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

We got snow here, too. That means overtime. I got called out sunday to plow snow. I was almost done, when I backed out onto a street into the side of a minivan that I didn't see coming down the street. Noone hurt. just sucks. Three more hours overtime fixing the salt spreader. So I'd say my weekend sucked.

deserteaglle

Dec 5, 2005, 5:16 PM
Post #5 of 21 (750 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well after being sick all week, I did get good enough to go to Lubbock yesterday to climb at their rec center. Billy, my partner(climbing, not life partner) at first thought it was dumb to drive an hour and a half to go to a gym. But the fact is we couldn't go to NM this weekend, and I was meeting the love of my life.

I actually met her on myspace about a week ago, and went to her college town to climb with her..yes she climbs, that is one of the reasons I've fallen in love with her. It actually kinda sucks though, because she loves all of the same things I do, and we just met each other in person last night, but we talked the whole time, would say the same things at the same time, and completely gel. It is gay though, because she lives an hour and a half away, and that prolly just ain't gonna work out. On the plus side, she is cool enough for me to want to be just friends with her anyway...it is sweet watching chicks climb (that was my first time, there aren't any climbers here and we go to isolated crags). I do hate to be mesmerized by forbiden ass though.

Dman, I can't believe how much I've rambled. So my name is Caleb, and that is my life. Sorry you had to be a witness to part of it.

give me some of that oatmeal and a super huge cup of joe.

Partner wideguy

Dec 5, 2005, 5:16 PM
Post #6 of 21 (750 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Three more hours overtime fixing the salt spreader. So I'd say my weekend sucked.

Not as much as the guy who owns the mini-van! 8^)

robbovius

Dec 5, 2005, 5:35 PM
Post #7 of 21 (750 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Well after being sick all week, I did get good enough to go to Lubbock yesterday to climb at their rec center. Billy, my partner(climbing, not life partner) at first thought it was dumb to drive an hour and a half to go to a gym. But the fact is we couldn't go to NM this weekend, and I was meeting the love of my life.

I actually met her on myspace about a week ago, and went to her college town to climb with her..yes she climbs, that is one of the reasons I've fallen in love with her. It actually kinda sucks though, because she loves all of the same things I do, and we just met each other in person last night, but we talked the whole time, would say the same things at the same time, and completely gel. It is gay though, because she lives an hour and a half away, and that prolly just ain't gonna work out. On the plus side, she is cool enough for me to want to be just friends with her anyway...it is sweet watching chicks climb (that was my first time, there aren't any climbers here and we go to isolated crags). I do hate to be mesmerized by forbiden ass though.

Dman, I can't believe how much I've rambled. So my name is Caleb, and that is my life. Sorry you had to be a witness to part of it.

give me some of that oatmeal and a super huge cup of joe.

holy crap, I've been sucked into an episode opf "Degrassi"! save me! ;-)

deserteaglle

Dec 5, 2005, 5:56 PM
Post #8 of 21 (750 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Muwahahahahaahaa, soorry Rob, now you are addicted to the drama of my life...Stay tuned for next week's episode.

winter

Dec 5, 2005, 6:04 PM
Post #9 of 21 (750 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning.
Spent the weekend in Van city. Snow there, how bizarre. Came home to gale force winds and COLD. Bleh.
I am so tired, on the phone all night both nights for work.
Marge, snow sounds awesome, can't wait to check it out.
Anyone want to be my personal assistant, my life needs help!

shorty

Dec 5, 2005, 6:16 PM
Post #10 of 21 (750 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Marge,

Best early season snow in decades in this neck of the woods. Copper Mountain has most black diamonds open (well, those that aren't sliding), with nary a rock in sight. Good for powder and free skiing, not so good for race training. Did I ever say I hate Grand Canyon size ruts in flat light?

We had a CMH show last week in Denver -- the guides were raving about B.C. snow conditions, with some slopes rapidly approaching a 2-meter base. Only ten weeks until I strap on boards in The Great White North, eh.

You betcha.

Partner missedyno

Dec 5, 2005, 6:44 PM
Post #11 of 21 (750 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hi everybody...

it's my second last day of work in the corporate world. one week until i leave for my climbing roadtrip.

same old same old.

coffee please, and an apricot danish.

just got back from a liquid lunch courtesy of a co-worker, on my way to go do some shopping. ooooh life's rough.

climbs4fun

Dec 5, 2005, 7:20 PM
Post #12 of 21 (750 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

morning kids.

I'm stuck on the couch (for the last day thankfully). I'm bored out of my mind and cranky. Coffee please. But somebody's gonna have to bring it to me. Crutches blow!

Only an hour and a half?!!!!!! Suck it up. I'll go farther than that for a day trip climbing.

climberchic

Dec 5, 2005, 7:41 PM
Post #13 of 21 (750 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
morning kids.

I'm stuck on the couch (for the last day thankfully). I'm bored out of my mind and cranky. Coffee please. But somebody's gonna have to bring it to me. Crutches blow!

Only an hour and a half?!!!!!! Suck it up. I'll go farther than that for a day trip climbing.

I was thinking the same thing. I drive 2 hours RT every day for work.

Deserteagle - "The love of your life"? That's a pretty serious label for someone you won't drive an hour and a half for. My guess is you've never really been in love?

Glad you're feeling better, Kel. Surgery's a bitch...

charley

Dec 5, 2005, 8:25 PM
Post #14 of 21 (750 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Three more hours overtime fixing the salt spreader. So I'd say my weekend sucked.

Not as much as the guy who owns the mini-van! 8^)

This is true. I felt sorry for him.

robbovius

Dec 5, 2005, 8:35 PM
Post #15 of 21 (750 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Muwahahahahaahaa, soorry Rob, now you are addicted to the drama of my life...Stay tuned for next week's episode.

well, best to have a sense of humor about it.

wjca

Dec 5, 2005, 8:50 PM
Post #16 of 21 (750 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
monday morning coffee catch-up

So like, what do you dip in that? French Fries or Donuts?

Partner macherry

Dec 5, 2005, 10:10 PM
Post #17 of 21 (750 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Marge,

Best early season snow in decades in this neck of the woods. Copper Mountain has most black diamonds open (well, those that aren't sliding), with nary a rock in sight. Good for powder and free skiing, not so good for race training. Did I ever say I hate Grand Canyon size ruts in flat light?

We had a CMH show last week in Denver -- the guides were raving about B.C. snow conditions, with some slopes rapidly approaching a 2-meter base. Only ten weeks until I strap on boards in The Great White North, eh.

You betcha.

ruts, flat light, definitely a no go for racing. Was going to go skiing today, but high winds have shut 'er down. skiing's good all over bc, lots of early season openings.

deserteaglle

Dec 5, 2005, 10:31 PM
Post #18 of 21 (750 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
morning kids.

Deserteagle - "The love of your life"? That's a pretty serious label for someone you won't drive an hour and a half for. My guess is you've never really been in love?

Glad you're feeling better, Kel. Surgery's a b----...

I did drive an hour and a half for 4 hours of climbing :lol: and then an hour and a half back. I think I've been in love seriously, but what you fail to understand is that I fall in love at least twice a month. At this point it's really just not that big of a deal. Though I will say she is more perfect than most of the others I fall in love with...and I haven't forgotten about her...yet. 8^)

If she wasn't hung up over another man, I might consider a long distance relationship, but I'm just not going to get my hopes up. I've been real good at that lately.

climberchic

Dec 6, 2005, 12:58 AM
Post #19 of 21 (750 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
morning kids.

I did drive an hour and a half for 4 hours of climbing :lol: and then an hour and a half back. I think I've been in love seriously, but what you fail to understand is that I fall in love at least twice a month. At this point it's really just not that big of a deal. Though I will say she is more perfect than most of the others I fall in love with...and I haven't forgotten about her...yet. 8^)

If she wasn't hung up over another man, I might consider a long distance relationship, but I'm just not going to get my hopes up. I've been real good at that lately.

Methinks you fall in like, but thou hast not loved.....

deserteaglle

Dec 6, 2005, 1:15 AM
Post #20 of 21 (750 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
morning kids.

Methinks you fall in like, but thou hast not loved.....

I won't argue with you...wait, yes I will. There is one girl that right now I have convinced myself I hate for many, many reason. However, I've done this many times, and everytime I see her, it somehow is around when I'm eating, and I lose my apetite, get jittery and shaky, have a very weird indescribable feeling in my stomach, and have an uncontrollable melancholy mood for the next several days. I guess I really "like" her.

Now that you brought that up I will prolly sit here and go over and over again all of the things she says that confuse the hell out of me. Maybe you can help. Last time I saw her, I really was kind of cold, and she, very unlike her usual self, gets serious and says, "Caleb, I seriously do really love you. Call me." I do and she blows me off. That is why I already decided I hate her. Doesn't it just seem like she's trying to fuck with my head...she already knows how I feel about her. What the hell is the deal with that, is she just evil?

climberchic

Dec 6, 2005, 5:34 AM
Post #21 of 21 (750 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't know her enough to give you any experiential response to your situation, but I think very few people do things to intentionally fuck a person up. Usually it has to do with some seriously screwed up things going on in their life, and you're just an unfortunate bystander in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If she really loves you, she wouldn't blow you off. If she really loves you, she'll come to you. If she doesn't feel the way she says, but has some really screwed up self-esteem, she may try to keep someone that she knows likes her, on the hook so that she always has a 'back-up'.

And that feeling in your stomach? I've had that lots of times with guys I think might be a challenge or if we don't get along for some reason. But as soon as that excitement is over, usually we realize we really don't have that much in common, feelings aren't mutual, etc. It was just sexual tension.

I've fallen in like with lots of guys, but love? That's much more rare and you'd know that if you've really been in love. When it's really love, you'll have no doubt in your mind. You will never forget that person and you'd have NO problem whatsoever traveling an hour and a half to see her. When it's true love, she'll feel the same way about you.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook