Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

ajkclay

Dec 5, 2005, 12:16 AM
Post #51 of 65 (8413 views)
Shortcut

Re: What is Sharma doing? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
...or it could be possible that required is just a sn created purely for this thread since it started four days before that account was made. It would seem that the subtle seeming intelligence that you notice is just his trolling of others to post more about why Sharma is great or crap.

Yeah, I considered that, and it's very possible... I also suspect that "information" is also the same person, a check of the IP's would give a good indication...

Nonetheless, I thought it was a funny observation about the post count, and trust me, agree with him/her or not, there is a clever message hidden in his/her post about how people talk about Sharma.

Note here I am talking about the way others talk about him. I actually like him, and do not think for one minute that he is any different to you and I (apart from the fact that he pulls down a fraction harder heh heh)

Cheers

Adam

bvb

Dec 5, 2005, 12:42 AM
Post #52 of 65 (8413 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

it's the opportunity to read monumentally idiotic threads such as this one that make me a repeat customer at good old rc.com.

carry on boys, yer doin' great.

emilykristina

Dec 5, 2005, 4:29 AM
Post #53 of 65 (8413 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A haiku about chris sharma:

Witness the Fitness
Dang, what a complete dream boat
Soon I'll climb that way

Wow, sharma and poetry... does life get better?

claramie

Dec 5, 2005, 5:04 AM
Post #54 of 65 (8413 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
He may be pretty down to earth, I just get the impression that he's egotistical. Perhaps it's not true, I feel that way about a lot of people that get a lot of press for what they do, be it sports, movies, music or otherwise. I guess my point is, who cares what he's doing? If it's something that people think is worthwhile you won't have to search it out, you'll just hear about it.

So I guess that is to say you know nothing about him personally and dislike him because he's always in the spotlight pulling hard? I'm glad I don't think like that. Here's to being happy with yourself and being able to applaud the achievements of others.

sidepull

Dec 6, 2005, 4:32 PM
Post #55 of 65 (8413 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
There's an obvious correlation between low post count and low communicative ability.

required, member since 30 November 2005, posts 7... ave posts per day: 1.4

sidepull, member since 12 September 2001, posts 445... ave posts per day: 0.3

comparative number of posts if both members for the same amount of time:

sidepull: 445

required: 2146

hmmmm, look before you leap perhaps? :lol:

Heh heh

Adam

Mind you I don't agree with mindless criticism of Sharma either, just a funny observation :)

Look before you leap? How about you look back at my posts and compare the level of quality. Then, when you've realized that actual information and thoughtful responses are better than holding down Caps Lock you can go back and edit your post and send me an apology. Let me know when you've reached enlightenment and stop making calculations that are meaningless (e.g. you should add "mindless'" post count too, they're obviously the same person).

sidepull

Dec 6, 2005, 4:45 PM
Post #56 of 65 (8413 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

ajkclay average posts per day: .8

So who's out on the rock more?

jeffstephan

Dec 6, 2005, 5:44 PM
Post #57 of 65 (8413 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
He may be pretty down to earth, I just get the impression that he's egotistical. Perhaps it's not true, I feel that way about a lot of people that get a lot of press for what they do, be it sports, movies, music or otherwise. I guess my point is, who cares what he's doing? If it's something that people think is worthwhile you won't have to search it out, you'll just hear about it.
I spoke with him a bit as they were setting up the slide show at a local high school for Petzl's rock comp out at Bishop a few years back. Very down to earth and IMO not egotistical. He truely doesn't care about grades and opinions of others. He climbs for himself. So he himself has answered this thread by saying who cares what Sharma is doing.
Get off the keys
get outside.

samxbam8

Dec 6, 2005, 5:50 PM
Post #58 of 65 (8413 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
who is Sharma?

lol :lol: , one of the strongest, if not the stongest climber ever :!: LOL

really

ajkclay

Dec 7, 2005, 12:14 PM
Post #59 of 65 (8413 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

ajkclay average posts per day: .8

So who's out on the rock more?

So what was your point then? Is it that someone grows in ability due the amount of time they have been an rc.com member? If so then your communication skills are extremely poor, as this was not what you stated.

No, your message was specifically that the number of posts was directly correlated with the communication skills of the poster, therefore to make this a fair comparison on the terms you outlined we need to look at the amount of time that one has been a member and the number of posts they have made over that time, then work out how many posts each one would be likely to make over a similar amount of time...

By the standard you set, on the day you set it, you come up worse than required! Surely you can understand this?

Surely you can also appreciate the humour in such an irony?

As for the who's out on the rock more thing, what the hell are you talking about?

I'm sorry but you have some serious logic problems going on if you are serious about what you are claiming, although I strongly doubt that you are.

Cheers

Adam

zao479

Dec 7, 2005, 7:29 PM
Post #60 of 65 (8413 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Currently Sharma is traveling the world as my belay monkey. :twisted:

As great as he is how can anyone overlook the stuff that Tommy Coldwell and Jason Kehl are doing. :shock:

ajkclay

Dec 8, 2005, 1:55 AM
Post #61 of 65 (8413 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This is a public apology aimed to sidepull:

I am sorry for what may have appeared to be a personal attack in my posts above.

While the intention was to have a joke with him about something that struck me as being funny, it appears that my jibe was poorly directed and funny only to myself (not an unusually rare occurrence)... perhaps it's just a difference in cultural humour idiosyncracies(Aussie vs US), nonetheless I feel that I have hurt someone and for this I am sorry.

I have not been asked to make this apology by anyone, I just think it's the right thing to do.

Regards

Adam

miavzero

Dec 9, 2005, 11:36 PM
Post #62 of 65 (8413 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

nin-optional-required. Am I bored enough to be onto something?

letolives

Dec 10, 2005, 12:17 AM
Post #63 of 65 (8413 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Why Chris Sharma is right here kickin' with yours truly. He called me up today and said "hey Ty got any rock." I said hell yea I scored some good'uns this afternoon. So he's right here sort of in a daze. Hey chris say hi to everyone at rockclimbing.com. . . Hi everybody, I can't wait to see more posts about me, you guys are awesome.
Man that chris sharma is such a cool dude.

chossmonkey

Dec 12, 2005, 1:33 AM
Post #64 of 65 (8413 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well...

After "Solving America's most difficult problem", he was in the December Men's Journal p.185, "2005 Adventure Hall of Fame". "SHARMA WEARS A SWEATER BY LUCKY BRAND JEANS,$198; T-SHIRT BY PRANA, $27;PANTS BY CALVIN KLEIN, $78; MOISTURIZER BY BIOTHERM HOMME."

He looks pretty damn preppy.

He really doesn't look like the type to, "..put up, America's toughest bouldering problem...". I mean really? Is someone dressed so preppy capable of "Crawling his way upside down..", "..aided only by friction and a few golf ball-size nubs.."? :lol:

He probably got paid a ton of money to make this appearance, and good for him if he did.

You know you'd do it too. :righton:

ajkclay

Dec 12, 2005, 6:06 AM
Post #65 of 65 (8413 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

He probably got paid a ton of money to make this appearance, and good for him if he did.

You know you'd do it too. :righton:

Exactly! Wish I had trophies today :)

Adam

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook