RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

thomasribiere

Nov 22, 2005, 12:35 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1021 views)
Shortcut

random pics not loading correctly...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

...for me.

When asking for Pics I can vote on of Any category in the Past month, the server answered me that No photos match your criteria after having found 4 or 5 pics only!

But in the past month I was often away from my computer and I only voted for the pics displayed on the FP, but for no other ones. So I'm sure there's a problem.
If I'm not alone, a bug might be reported. BTW, I think I already mentioned that somewhere, so I have a problem or there might be a problem.
I use IE 6.0, Windows 98, Norton Internet Security 2004 with firewall OFF and ad blocker OFF too...

thomas

thomasribiere

Dec 5, 2005, 11:34 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1021 views)
Shortcut

Re: random pics not loading correctly... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bump.

Still valid. I tried with the Past Week criterium, and though I've not voted for pics in the last 3 days, the answer is still the same...

ddt

Dec 8, 2005, 3:24 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1021 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This does not seem to be an issue with me. Does anyone else have the problem? Either way, I suggest you go ahead and log a bug anyway.

DDT

anson

Dec 8, 2005, 6:51 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1021 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thomas-

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, but I missed a lot of posts in the run-up to Thanksgiving.

I fixed a bug earlier with the random photo system where it short-circuited before it had found all of the photos that qualified, something very similar to what you're experiencing now. In that case, it had to do with what you did with the previous photo. I.e. the random photo logic worked fine if you voted, or placed a comment, but not if you did both, or some such. (Honestly, I can't remember the details.)

I suspect something similar may be happening this time. If you could please give it a few more tries, I'd like to know the answers to the following questions:

1) When you get stuck, if you start over (i.e. go to some other page and then come back to 'random photo'), can you get access to new photos to vote on?

2) Do you tend to get stuck after voting on the same number of photos? (I.e. is it always after your fifth vote it stops working?)

3) When you get to the page saying there are no more photos to vote on, please review that page, and then use the 'back' button to review the previous page. I'm interested in anything that looks odd, and in what voting/commenting you did on the last photo to get the 'no more photos' message. If you can save the source of the two pages (last and next-to-last) to your hard drive and email that to me, it'd be even better.

Please let me know the results, and if anyone else is experiencing this, please chime in. Thanks!

-aB

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook