RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

zareh

Dec 8, 2005, 6:36 AM
Post #1 of 6 (1494 views)
Shortcut

Prolotherapy on Elbow & Shoulder
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Anybody out there done Prolotherapy in the area of Ventura or LA County? Which doctor did you go to & was it successful? I'm looking to do my elbow & shoulder.
Thanks
Z

zareh

Dec 8, 2005, 6:48 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1494 views)
Shortcut

Re: Prolotherapy on Elbow & Shoulder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Bump

mccabeman

Dec 8, 2005, 7:10 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1494 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have had prolotherapy done in another state on both my elbow and shoulder. All I can say is that it's a miracle. Don't expect a quick fix, but several sessions will improve things greatly.

Partner kimgraves

Dec 8, 2005, 9:03 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1494 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I prolotherapy on a finger and my wife had it on her shoulder. Both worked. If you need a referral, you can call my DO. He has "the book" for people all over the country that can do it. PM me and I'll give you the phone number.

Best, Kim

zareh

Dec 9, 2005, 5:44 PM
Post #5 of 6 (1494 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Mccabeman & Kimgraves, I'm glad to hear it works. Do you feel your tendons feel stronger than before? I guess what I'm trying to say is, were you able to go back 110% to the same activities before you got injured. Did you go back to do the things that injured you with no worry of re injury or pain?
By-the-way thanks for the reply
Z

Partner kimgraves

Dec 9, 2005, 9:11 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1494 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Mccabeman & Kimgraves, I'm glad to hear it works. Do you feel your tendons feel stronger than before? I guess what I'm trying to say is, were you able to go back 110% to the same activities before you got injured. Did you go back to do the things that injured you with no worry of re injury or pain?
Z

Not 110% but certainly 100%. In terms of not worrying about re injury....I'm always worried about that. I got injured because of a fall on that finger while it was jammed in a crack. That could certainly happen again. Climbing is both dangerous and puts great strain on your body. That's just the nature of it.

You're level of recovery depends upon what's wrong with you and how diligent you are in your rehabilitation. Prolotherapy is just another tool in the tool-bag leading to recovery. It's not magic. You'll still need to do your exercises. You'll still need to take it easy for a while. But prolotherapy is the one alternative to surgery that can address tendon and ligament damage. But just like surgery, it doesn't work for everyone - just most people. Be realistic and patient with yourself and do your exercises. You'll get better.

Best, Kim

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook