RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Competition Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

Partner phaedrus

Dec 10, 2005, 8:07 PM
Post #1 of 11 (4182 views)
Shortcut

High School Climbers' Federation
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Howdy!

For those who aren't aware of it, the High School Climbers' Federation is a new, national organization that is an initiative of the Climbers' Federation (http://www.climbersfederation.com). The HSCF is specfically geared towards the development and implementation of middle and high school climbing programs in the United States, and we are preparing to initiate Phase I of our roll out. If you happen to live in Colorado, Utah, or Indiana and are involved in a climbing club/team at your school or want to start one, drop me an email (hscfATclimbersfederation.com) or a PM and I'll be happy to send you information.

Todd

c22

Dec 13, 2005, 3:42 AM
Post #2 of 11 (4182 views)
Shortcut

Re: High School Climbers' Federation [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

what if we live in California and need help starting a club due to ASB reticence and paranoia... :cry:

Partner phaedrus

Dec 14, 2005, 4:06 PM
Post #3 of 11 (4182 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
what if we live in California and need help starting a club due to ASB reticence and paranoia... :cry:

Contact me anyway... even though we won't have comps set up in CA for a little bit yet, I'll be happy to help you get the ball rolling. :)

gymrat89

Dec 15, 2005, 3:52 AM
Post #4 of 11 (4182 views)
Shortcut

Denver Climbing League [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yo dude we've already got a high school climbing series in Denver. Ever heard of the DCL? Check it out the next comps on Jan 14th. http://www.paradiserock.com/2006DCL.pdf

Partner phaedrus

Dec 15, 2005, 4:30 AM
Post #5 of 11 (4182 views)
Shortcut

Re: Denver Climbing League [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I know. The team I coach has been a part of it for the past four years. Bryan and the rest of the PRG staff host an absolutely amazing event that the team and I are always excited about participating in.

Thanks, though! :)

HSCF is actually more than a regional series. Check out the Climbers' Federation site for more details (the link's in my sig below). We have selected gyms in three states for our first year or so as our "test areas." Stay tuned... we're just getting started! 8^)

pepsbandit

Dec 15, 2005, 5:29 AM
Post #6 of 11 (4182 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Partner phaedrus

Dec 19, 2005, 5:25 PM
Post #7 of 11 (4182 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

:?:

Just bumping or looking for more info? 8^)

bighigaz

Dec 19, 2005, 6:02 PM
Post #8 of 11 (4182 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Phaedrus, send me a PM. Tucson (that would be ARIZONA) needs you. We're growing like weeds out here....

James

Partner phaedrus

Dec 19, 2005, 6:07 PM
Post #9 of 11 (4182 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hey Phaedrus, send me a PM. Tucson (that would be ARIZONA) needs you. We're growing like weeds out here....

James

Done... check yer inbox. 8^)

usacrc

Dec 20, 2005, 2:33 AM
Post #10 of 11 (4182 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi! My name is Sue Outland, and I am the Southwest Regional Coordinator for USA Climbing, the sanctioning body for competition climbing in the United States. We have recently merged with the ABS, and now have over 6,000 climbers across the US as members.

We have an active competition schedule that includes Bouldering, Difficulty and Speed competitions - both Youth and Adult. If you are interested in more information, please look at the usaclimbing.org website - southwest regional schedule OR contact me at suejoutland@yahoo.com OR 480-330-4779.

We would love to have more involvement with Tucson (I actually live in Scottsdale, and the Southwest Region encompasses So Cal, AZ and the Las Vegas area. It has been several years since we have held a comp in Tucson, and would love to have you back in the schedule!

Thanks! Sue

curtis_g

Jan 28, 2006, 10:11 AM
Post #11 of 11 (4182 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello, my name is Curtis. I'm a senior in high school and for my Junior and Senior years I have been loving my Outdoor Adventure Gym class where we climb on some solid walls/single-routes on the walls of our school's gymnastic's gym, and kayak in the pool. We were taught a lot about climbing like how to sport and all the basics and haul systems and tripolian traverses and rescues and ascending (mechanicals and prusiks and stuff) and we have a 3 station 2 obstacle high ropes course. I feel very lucky to be able to climb for 40 min for my gym class almost every day.

We also have an Outdoor Adventure Club that makes trips to Devil's Lake and Mirror Lake to hike and canoe and climb a lot also. here is the website for the club at my school if you want to look at pictures for out last trip to Mirror Lake for a traverse and canoing and I did a little bouldering.
http://www.conantcougars.com/...nture_club/index.htm

I'm the kid with the maroon hat, north face backpack, and black long underwear top on. I've become good friends with the teacher who is really a blessing. He contributes the use of so much of his own gear and really loves teaching kids about climbing.

p.s. I own the walls and the club. I put up a lot of routes and broke every previous record for speed on each wall too. Sorry there are no pictures of the walls.

There are about 6 seperate 6 ft wide sections with holds bolted and a corner route too.

Again, I feel really lucky for this chance in High School. The club is going to a kayaking/speed climbing/bouldering comp for high schools at some college in about a month that I am traininglike mad for. I hope to bring something home with a #1 on it. Wish me luck?

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Competition Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook