RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Competition Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

usac_abs

Dec 19, 2005, 8:14 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1881 views)
Shortcut

Big Comps coming up
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

All of y'all looking for big comps during the winter, the ABS Regional Championship series has started up and will culminate on February 17/18 with the ABS Nationals at The Spot!
Left for the Regionals are: TX, San Francisco, LA, Miami, Philly, SLC and Nashville. These comps have red-point and on-sight and amazing prizes as well - check out www.rockcomps.com for more info.
Also, the ABS Nationals will have limited registration so sign up early (registration will open in January)!

Additionally, the Adult Diffy and Speed Nationals will be held at Metrorock in Boston on March 4th and HAS A $6,000 CASH PURSE!!! Mark your calendars - ALL are welcome!

cal_gundert05

Dec 19, 2005, 8:42 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1881 views)
Shortcut

Re: Big Comps coming up [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I checked the website, and they made no mention of Regionals in San Francisco--instead, it says Regionals will be in Fremont and Upland (for CA anyway). Also, comps in CA continue until March, well past the February Nationals in your post. Did I miss something? Is the website outdated? WHat's up?

Thanks, and I look forward to checking out (not competing in :wink: ) the comps.

usac_abs

Dec 20, 2005, 5:02 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1881 views)
Shortcut

Re: Big Comps coming up [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yep, you're right - but for those who are not from CA, Fremont and Upland are less familiar than SF and LA :wink: And the Regionals do culminate with the Nationals in February... but as is the ABS spirit, there are still a bunch of gyms that like to have fun, local comps later into the spring - which is fine with us and is why you see those marked on the calendar.

Thanks for the questions, and hope this explanation helps!

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Competition Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook