RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

tarsier

Dec 21, 2005, 1:20 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1266 views)
Shortcut

Clean Aid Registry?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Does anyone know of any clean aid registries? This sport seriously needs one. Rock & Ice online used to host a registry, but it has apparently been dropped. Did anyone save the scraps?

Rockclimbing.com seems like it would be a good venue for such a thing.

-Jim

iamthewallress

Dec 21, 2005, 6:04 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1266 views)
Shortcut

Re: Clean Aid Registry? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I exchanged e-mails a year or two ago w/ Duane Raleigh regardng the R&I registry. I forget why it was dropped, but I think it might have gotten lost in the shuffle when the ownership of the magazine changed. He said they didn't have any immediate plans to revive it.

I agree that it's a nice thing to have, esp. if routes are going clean w/o relying on fixed pins and heads.

flamer

Dec 21, 2005, 8:56 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1266 views)
Shortcut

Re: Clean Aid Registry? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

R&I never updated the thing anyway.....

It was started when then editor Macdonald was into doing first clean ascents.....when that stopped being "cool" it was forgotten.

I have to say though that I am very disappointed with the climbing community as a whole for their current attitude towards clean climbing.
It seems as if the majority of people don't care about doing routes clean even after they have already gone clean.

The finger of Fate route on the Titan(in the fisher towers-DUH!) is a prime example. Go look at it's discription on climbingmoab.com and look at the raging battle about climbing this route clean....and it's one of the 50 classic's!! I did it clean EASILY a month ago....only to watch a party nail the $hit out of it while we were descending!!

Sure wish people wouldn't do that.....

josh

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook