RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

rockelf

Oct 27, 2005, 11:33 AM
Post #1 of 20 (3138 views)
Shortcut

If this nalgene could talk.....
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was filling my water bottle for work yesterday, and I took a good look at it. It is neon yellow, a small 16 oz'er, with a blue cap....and man if this bottle could talk, what stories it would tell. It carries battle scars and scrapes and gouges, from all of its outdoor adventures.

Countless days at the Gunks, all 7 pitches of Chaple Pond slab in the Daks, kayaking, hiking 14ers......dragged along, bumbed along......

Man if this nalgene could talk......
:D

gblauer

Oct 27, 2005, 1:57 PM
Post #2 of 20 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Re: If this nalgene could talk..... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

it would report the abuse of being unceremoniously tossed off the spire in El Potrero Chico...just to see what would happen.

kimmyt

Oct 27, 2005, 2:17 PM
Post #3 of 20 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You stole my nalgene!!!! :D

My favoritest of favorite nalgenes is a little guy too, a fat one with a small mouth (I have a small mouth too, so we're a good fit). It's neon yellow with a blue cap. I've rigged it up for multipitch, for many a day I've needed the hydrating goodness it carries in it's pudgy belly. I put a small 1 foot sewn sling around it, then wrapped the thing in black duct tape (enough so that if i need emergency duct tape I can take some off and use it) and clip the sling to my harness (or, even better, my second's harness...hehe). It's seen alot too, but I wouldn't really want to hear it's stories cause most of the time it's smacking against mine or someone else's ass on the way up the route.

GAIL....sooo, what happened?? :)

K.

gblauer

Oct 27, 2005, 10:36 PM
Post #4 of 20 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
GAIL....sooo, what happened?? :)

K.

Not a thing. That little green nalgene was true to it's word, indestructable.

Unfortunately we abused him again by leaving him on AA flight 212 ORD to PHL. He is now amongst the lost luggage, eye glasses, and cell phones in the bowels of AA's storage facilities.

bigevilgrape

Oct 28, 2005, 4:10 AM
Post #5 of 20 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

upon coming up to the 2nd belay ledge of the climb i hear a clunking sound followed by a frantic yell of "ROCK!!!!!" I come up and over to see my brother looking rather embarassed. I might have had a few harsh words with him after he did drop my favorite nalgene. I swore I would never find it again, i thought for sure it would have rolled down the hill into the woods never to bee seen by me again. I was shocked when I got to the bottom to see it sitting nicely in a pile of leaves not too far off from the trail. A few deep scratches, and he's still kicking.

on another note i used my baby wide mouth on canoe trip for a week to keep my cell phone in a dry and floating form. (i was in charge of a group of kids and had to have it with me)

jakedatc

Oct 28, 2005, 4:28 AM
Post #6 of 20 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

/me sneaks in
In reply to:
was shocked when I got to the bottom to see it sitting nicely in a pile of leaves not too far off from the trail.

Sitting next to my quick draw no doubt ;) uhh.. ut oh :shock: :hides:

all my nalg bottles are the grey old(er) ones with the wolf logo cept my clear small mouthed one with the new logo. some have been dropped. none climbing.. one went sliding down some 3rd class in Cali. and one top had a fatal dish washer accident but it was replaced

bigevilgrape

Oct 28, 2005, 4:33 AM
Post #7 of 20 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://img.photobucket.com/...ilgrape/No20Boys.gif

my white naglens rock. they where made out of nalgene and none of that prissy clear crap they're made out of now.

litleclimberchick

Oct 30, 2005, 12:05 AM
Post #8 of 20 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i don't even own a nalgene, but seeing that they hold up well to abuse i think i'm going to go out and purcase one...

thanx ladies

ledavis23

Nov 23, 2005, 12:53 AM
Post #9 of 20 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Right on! I have a bright yellow 36oz one. There's this one gouge in it that's so deep I was worried that it would start leaking! Good thing it's at the top- most of the time I'm safe. It's so funny to see all the yuppies with pristine nalgenes that look like they just came off the shelf at REI! You can tell whether someone is really active or not by what their nalgene looks like!

rockelf

Nov 23, 2005, 4:35 PM
Post #10 of 20 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It went up Mt Washington in a whiteout blizzard last week. Survived 78 mph winds. Even in its cozy, it got a bit frosty. I would imagine it had some stories to tell on Monday when it went back in the cabinet. It is off to the Daks tomorrow for Thanksgiving.

Partner macherry

Nov 28, 2005, 2:16 AM
Post #11 of 20 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

my "poor" nalagene has been lost in red rocks, left on top of a local multi-pitch, chucked from various ledges, and sat in my car for days on end.

it's orange, scuffed, and scratched, covered in stickers........i wouldn't leave home without it!!!!!

moosecookie

Dec 21, 2005, 5:53 AM
Post #12 of 20 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yeah....I think I'm going to go get a new one--after Calculus class and the three day trek through Wyoming, my water has never tasted the same--lol. Mine's pink and has a giant, deep scratch from my first 14er. *beams proudly* Lol--it's how I tell it apart from all of my friends' water bottles--theirs are pink, too, but are completely unharmed. Mine has quite evidently been through some adventure. :)

jdouble

Dec 21, 2005, 4:29 PM
Post #13 of 20 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I wish my Nalgenes could talk......maybe they can?

Don't you all know? You must NEVER purchase a Nalgene, these must come to you through the cosmic water fall of containers. So far in my climbing existence two have made there way to me...... one dark blue wide mouth with a duct tape wrap (Williamson Rock, Los Angeles), the other an orange wide mouth (Malibu Creek, Los Angeles). Both with many scratches and ooozing with stories to tell.

Speak Nalgenes, speak! I will return said bottles to the owners if the stories are good enough......

jdouble

Dec 21, 2005, 4:32 PM
Post #14 of 20 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry, double post.

kantkatchme

Dec 22, 2005, 1:06 AM
Post #15 of 20 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

mines been on some good adventures too....in fact im not even sure if its the one that i started with however many years ago that was.....

i pose a question.....does anyone else have this problem
mine always smells moldy.....i wash it with detergent......ive left out in the sun empty to try and bleach it.....(all the stickers are bleached, but it still smells).....

does anyone else have this problem?....and what do they do about it?

thanks

ps.....i dont want to hijack the thread...i just dont know what to do...i dont even want to use it anymore cause of the stench.....lol

moosecookie

Dec 22, 2005, 2:01 AM
Post #16 of 20 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
mines been on some good adventures too....in fact im not even sure if its the one that i started with however many years ago that was.....

mine always smells moldy.....i wash it with detergent......ive left out in the sun empty to try and bleach it.....(all the stickers are bleached, but it still smells).....

does anyone else have this problem?....and what do they do about it?

thanks

ps.....i dont want to hijack the thread...i just dont know what to do...i dont even want to use it anymore cause of the stench.....lol

Yep, mine reeks. I've washed it and washed it--seems like there's nothing to do but get a new one...

alexis_86

Dec 22, 2005, 2:40 AM
Post #17 of 20 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

my nalgene usually smells moldy after I've left water in it for days without cleaning it out. Usually I just fill it up with water, add a little detergent shake it up and leave it for a day or so. Smells better after that. Failing that, try filling it up with baking soda in water.

kantkatchme

Dec 22, 2005, 2:56 AM
Post #18 of 20 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ive never tried baking soda...maybe ill give that a go....
i dont want a new one... :?

thanks for the idea.
but im glad to know that im not the only one with the problem.

peace

flashalee

Jan 10, 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #19 of 20 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My nalgene has smelled like lemon since the first time I used it. I put a lemon in my water, and I have washed it a million times. Still lemony

My nalgene has been everywhere from swing dancing workshops, hiking trips, to the beach surfing with me, class, and to the climb gym.

I love my lil 'gene, but it is about time for a new one. Purple, so people quit grabbing for my grey one!

jason_martin

Jan 10, 2006, 11:22 PM
Post #20 of 20 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I know this is a women's forum and I'm sorry for interjecting...but due to the fact that the plastic in nalgene has specific health impacts on women -- particularly when it comes to pregnancy -- I thought I should post this:

http://leas.ca/...er-Bottle-Toxins.htm

Jason

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook