:D

jred

Feb 2, 2006, 8:08 PM
Post #3 of 13 (983 views)
Shortcut

Re: Rejected Superbowl Commercial [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Clever little ad for sure, not really a big surprise that it was rejected.
I was kind of amazed at some of the reasons given by the rejection letter as to why the ad was turned down. Reminds me of the movie poster for 101 Dalmatians, where they airbrushed out all of the puppies anuses and genitalia.

wjca

Feb 2, 2006, 8:28 PM
Post #4 of 13 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I was kind of amazed at some of the reasons given by the rejection letter as to why the ad was turned down. Reminds me of the movie poster for 101 Dalmatians, where they airbrushed out all of the puppies anuses and genitalia.

Listen, man, no one wants to be walking out of the movie theater, minding their own business, look up at the row of posters advertising upcoming movies, and see 101 dog assholes.

jred

Feb 2, 2006, 8:58 PM
Post #5 of 13 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Listen, man, no one wants to be walking out of the movie theater, minding their own business, look up at the row of posters advertising upcoming movies, and see 101 dog assholes.
I didn't say the dogs were haunched up asses airward did I? Animals have assholes and genitalia, there is nothing wrong with that, or maybe there is?

nd2boostt

Feb 2, 2006, 9:13 PM
Post #6 of 13 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Animals have assholes and genitalia, there is nothing wrong with that, or maybe there is?

Well, dogs lick and sniff each other's butts too...and I definitely don't want to see that kind of realism on a cartoon poster in the movie theater.

I prefer the genderless animals for advertising purposes. 8^)

overlord

Feb 2, 2006, 10:23 PM
Post #7 of 13 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
teethadonist

ROFLMAO

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that was WAY too funny

Partner russman

Feb 3, 2006, 2:50 PM
Post #8 of 13 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
REMOVED FROM SITE: 02/02/2006 FOR LEGAL REASONS

Dear visitor, as of 1700 hrs on Thursday 2nd February, we were advised by our legal department that due to possible legal ramifications, we are to remove this commercial from our site.

Background Information:
We had created a fun Super Bowl commercial featuring none other than George W. Bush looking for a new job, however it got rejected by ABC.

looks like a few too many lurkers aroudn the net viewed that clip 8^)

overlord

Feb 3, 2006, 4:10 PM
Post #9 of 13 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

luckily i have downloaded the .mpg movie of it that was avaiable.

so if anybody wants it, pm me your email :wink:

it well worth it.

microbarn

Feb 3, 2006, 4:51 PM
Post #10 of 13 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

that was pretty good. It makes me wonder if they submitted it strictly to be rejected and get free publicity all over the net. Even people not seeing the superbowl will see this commercial now, and all those watching will give their full attention. Most of the time commercials are ignored.

Quite a good idea.

PS: Thanks overlord for the emailed commercial.

wjca

Feb 3, 2006, 5:12 PM
Post #11 of 13 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
that was pretty good. It makes me wonder if they submitted it strictly to be rejected and get free publicity all over the net. Even people not seeing the superbowl will see this commercial now, and all those watching will give their full attention. Most of the time commercials are ignored.

Quite a good idea.

PS: Thanks overlord for the emailed commercial.

If this was their plan, it would not qualify as a good idea, but a f'ing genious idea. This year's superbowl commercial spots are selling for what works out to be $83,000 per second. That is $4,980,000 for a one minute commercial. QuientAgent's rejected ad was about one minute, give or take, right? They probably put a few grand into the video and the application process to submit it. I'd say they got quite a bit of bang for their buck.

Partner tradman

Feb 3, 2006, 5:23 PM
Post #12 of 13 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
It makes me wonder if they submitted it strictly to be rejected and get free publicity all over the net.

Probably!

Any ad man could tell you that the spot had zero chance of airing as it was (it's got the prez in it for a start, and that's a MAJOR no-no).

[marketing]

However, it's not likely to have been for money reasons. Airtime is expensive, but it's not very hard to get the cash for it because it pays for itself pretty quickly if the product's good.

It's just targetted marketing: the target market is not the super bowl viewers, so why put it on during that time anyway? The market for this ad is web-based, intelligent and mid-20s to 30s, which is definitely NOT the superbowl demographic. It's unlikely they ever intended to have it aired during the superbowl IMO.

:wink:

[/marketing]

wjca

Feb 3, 2006, 5:39 PM
Post #13 of 13 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
It makes me wonder if they submitted it strictly to be rejected and get free publicity all over the net.

Probably!

Any ad man could tell you that the spot had zero chance of airing as it was (it's got the prez in it for a start, and that's a MAJOR no-no).

[marketing]

However, it's not likely to have been for money reasons. Airtime is expensive, but it's not very hard to get the cash for it because it pays for itself pretty quickly if the product's good.

It's just targetted marketing: the target market is not the super bowl viewers, so why put it on during that time anyway? The market for this ad is web-based, intelligent and mid-20s to 30s, which is definitely NOT the superbowl demographic. It's unlikely they ever intended to have it aired during the superbowl IMO.

:wink:

[/marketing]

So the superbowl demographic is stupid, old people? Okay, fess up. Who's gonna be watching the game this weekend?

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook