RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Used Gear / Great Deals

Premier Sponsor:

travelin_light

Feb 3, 2006, 4:03 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1014 views)
Shortcut

Dana Design Sluiskin 45
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Got a pack for sale on ebay...check it. Its a great alpine pack and you can't buy them anymore. No reserve and priced to sell. 8^)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8760799170&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

altelis

Feb 3, 2006, 4:33 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1014 views)
Shortcut

Re: Dana Design Sluiskin 45 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i used to have the same pack (except in yellow!)....it was perfect. i liked everything about it. fit really well, good xtras for easy access to stuff and keeping sharps on the oustside of the bag, could haul heavy loads well, etc.

actually, that was the main problem. it was just too big. i found that i was bringing too much with me because i could, and then when i was climbing either i would have too much in it or it would be empty and floppy and not very comfortable. so i got the bd revelation. it carries things real well-the special configuration on the top makes carrying crampons and a helmet ON THE OUTSIDE of the pack real easy, holds skis like a dream, extremely streamlined, has a little pocket on the front with dividers to make avy essentials easily accessable (or if not in avy terrain and just cragging makes shoes/belay jacket easily accessable).

basic point-i found the old addage true: if you have the room you'll use it. which is fine as a backpacking guide, b/c the kids never can carry all the stuff they think they can (at least for very long). but when it comes to climbing i just needed to learn to par down (my clothes, food, rack, all of it). in fact, as weird as it sounds, getting a smaller pack made me a better leader b/c i started carrying a smaller rack, got more comfortable running it out, etc.

wow, total rambling there. sorry....

travelin_light

Feb 3, 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1014 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I agree this pack can do it all. However, I think that is just the right size for winter outings.

travelin_light

Feb 7, 2006, 5:18 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1014 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

BUMP 8^)

Forums : Archive : Used Gear / Great Deals

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook