RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

jitterbugclimb

Feb 21, 2006, 2:00 AM
Post #1 of 4 (843 views)
Shortcut

women's anasazi velcro sizing for a guy
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I figured the best people to ask would be women. I am a guy with narrow feet and narrow heels. I love the anasazi velcro, but have always hated the way the heel was so mushy. I am considering the women's anasazi velcro, but I'm not sure about sizing. I know that many women have had to wear mens climbing shoes due to the lack of variety in the women specific models. My normal anasazi velcro size in mens is 9 and I size them pretty darn tight. What would be a comparable size in the women's model, if there is any difference at all (are the ladies shoes sized in men's sizes?)? thanks. JB

musicman1586

Feb 21, 2006, 2:31 AM
Post #2 of 4 (843 views)
Shortcut

Re: women's anasazi velcro sizing for a guy [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

When I was searching for a new pair of shoes I tried on the women's Anasazi at REI because they were closing out their stock of them and they were going for 99. I tried on a size 9, which is my street shoe size, and it was just a bit too small, so a half size up from my street shoe size would have been perfect, only reason I didn't get them is because they were out of 9.5 and since they were no longer going to be stocking them they couldn't order me a pair. Depending just how crazy tight you want your shoe, going street size might work for you. I've seen two different men-women sizing charts, but most sizing charts say that there's a 1 full size difference between men and women's shoes, so if you go with your street shoe size that would be one full step down, a half step above would be a half-step down, and then a full step about your street shoe size would be your street size.

climberterp

Feb 21, 2006, 3:41 AM
Post #3 of 4 (843 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My men's Anasazis are a 5 and the equivalent in the women's for me would be a 6 (I got 5.5 cuz I wanted a tighter fit).

So, however the math works out for you I'd guess one whole size larger than what you take in the men's version if you want a similar fit.

barrel

Feb 21, 2006, 3:44 AM
Post #4 of 4 (843 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you like the anasazi's a bunch you have a few options... I hear the lace ups are skinnier in the toe and a bit in the heel, compared to the velcros. Also... socks.

But if you want to try a new pair of velcros, I have a blatant shill right here, size 9 and all:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7219544473&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook