RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

Partner brent_e

Mar 3, 2006, 4:13 AM
Post #1 of 5 (606 views)
Shortcut

super alpinista and Civetta
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I just bought both boots, and have SM9's (older, leather style) by salomon.
In searching for threads on super alpinistas, i can find only 2. Does anyone else have an opinion of these boots? Are they reasonable warm. Do they fit a larger volume, wide foot? Same for the Civettas. And how do they climb? Yes, definitely should be asking BEFORE i buy 2 brand new pairs of boots, but they were both amazing deals, and really couldn't wait.
by the way, there are pair of alpinistas on ebay right now in size 10, 11, 9, and maybe a couple others (same guy i bought from). He'll likely take 150 + shipping if you make him an offer.

moving on.... I don't know how much time i'll have to use these things once I get them because of the season coming to a close here. So your help is appreciated.

AND, whenever i choose which boot or boots i'm going to keep (i might keep 2 for different things....the sm9's don't have the width/volume that i need but aren't terrible and will likely be more agile) i am going to be selling the others.
they are all size 8US.

Thanks for your help.

Brent

alpine_monk

Mar 3, 2006, 4:36 AM
Post #2 of 5 (606 views)
Shortcut

Re: super alpinista and Civetta [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The super alpinistas are my favorite boots yet. I got a pair this season to replace an old pair of sportiva trango GTS's and they blow those fuckers right out of the water. way more comfortable than Kofachs and just as water proof. The coldest I have had them thus far is -20 F for 12+ hours and my feet were sweating, so yes they are quite warm, but obviously not as warm as a double boot. they are a tad narrow. all in all a great boot that I can see myself wearing for years to come.

Partner brent_e

Mar 3, 2006, 6:59 AM
Post #3 of 5 (606 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

thanks, alpine_monk,
Narrow is not what I want to hear, as my feet are not narrow. I heard the opposite about them from another source. I guess we shall see, in that respect.

I'm glad to hear you say that they're warm. Bascially this is the reason I'm looking at boots.

thanks again!

Brent

tobym

Mar 3, 2006, 9:26 AM
Post #4 of 5 (606 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I just bought both boots

Would it not be worth trying them on,in that case, and finding out if they fit, for yourself?
Just a suggestion. :?

Partner brent_e

Mar 3, 2006, 1:02 PM
Post #5 of 5 (606 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
I just bought both boots

Would it not be worth trying them on,in that case, and finding out if they fit, for yourself?
Just a suggestion. :?

yeah, i realize that, but there aren't any places that sell that boot withing a reasonable driving distance (think....5 hours) or me. So i'm taking a shot in the dark here. I hear that they have a higher volume (vasque). The civettas are 8D's.

I know it seems stupid, but I don't know if I have a lot of options.

:D

Brent

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook