RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

unrooted

Mar 6, 2006, 6:25 PM
Post #1 of 10 (1805 views)
Shortcut

Fish Haulbags
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I searched and found a few prior posts of the same subject, but they claimed that there experience was with older models. I am wondering if newer models of fish haulbags are better than the old ones?

They appear to be the cheapest bags out there, and look tougher than BD.
What do think?

Partner kimgraves

Mar 6, 2006, 7:14 PM
Post #2 of 10 (1805 views)
Shortcut

Re: Fish Haulbags [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You might try asking your question on SuperTaco.com. Russ takes part on that forum.

Best, Kim

tagaustatoppen

Mar 6, 2006, 7:15 PM
Post #3 of 10 (1805 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think this has all the information you will need about FISH products

In reply to:
I know for a fact that user "russwalling" has something to do with FISH Products. I also know that you can buy him a beer by going to www.fishproducts.com

He don't post here much anymore, but he does follow Dingus around the internet keeping tabs on him.

Maybe if you by him a beer he will answer your question?

http://www.fishproducts.com

tagaustatoppen

Mar 6, 2006, 7:19 PM
Post #4 of 10 (1805 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh and if you choose to call him (which I recommend doing) do not be alarmed by the answering machine!

ricardol

Mar 8, 2006, 9:37 AM
Post #5 of 10 (1805 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i own one of his bags .. its about 3 yrs old, and has seen 27 days on el cap ..

.. and its still going strong ..

pros: cheap, it works

cons: carries like a goddamm barrel ..

.. on the wall all haulbags are basically the same -- they hold your stuff.

If you have extra dough .. then get a fancy bag (like from yates) .. when you are carrynig a 60+lb bag on your shoulders you would gladly pay $200 for more comfort.

If you are on a abudget -- get the fish bag .. and suck it up buttercup.

hollyclimber

Mar 8, 2006, 3:40 PM
Post #6 of 10 (1805 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I would add that Yates and Metolius in my opinion are the Gold standard, so to me comparing a Fish bag to a BD bag....they are about the same and the fish one is cheaper! They can last for a long time and the straps tend to be better than BD. If you are on a budget, buy used or Fish. If you have dough, you won't regret a Yates or Metolius bag.

aspiringmonkey

Mar 8, 2006, 4:15 PM
Post #7 of 10 (1805 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I dont mean to high jack the thread or send it for a loose tangent, but i was also wondering from those of you responding to this thread if you would have the same opinion about Fish's portaledge and fly being the best lowbudget way to go and if not what is the best double ledge and fly for your money??
thx,
blakeb

Partner holdplease2

Mar 8, 2006, 5:00 PM
Post #8 of 10 (1805 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Guys:

I have not used Fish pigs or ledges, but I have friends who do and who are not unhappy about it. I use A5 ledge and Metolius pigs.

However...

Begin: Shameless Plug

The FISH web site (http://www.fishproducts.com) is probably the best web site for learning about wall gear around.

And it has some unique stuff that you won't find anywhere else, or that you will be really screwed if you count on your gearshop of choice having it on hand and it doesn't.

Fish Wall Bags - Bomber clip-in loops, bomber materials, a must for organizing if you don't want to lose or drop half of your crap. Beats the living daylights out of the bags from metolius.

Fish Heads and Rivit Hangers
: Quality stuff, and all the variety you could want right when you want it, unlike the occasional local shop. Fish EQ heads allow you to equalize two #1 or #2 head placements, with one clip in loop.

Fish Heading Kit: OK, so you could make your own. This one has pre-swaged clip-in loops, pre-dulled cold chisel, and is on sale on the site now.

Fish Daisies: Sick of "short roping" your reach? Get an ultra-long daisy so you can clusterfuck and keep on climbing.

Fish Chum Buckets: Designed with BIG WALL SPECIFICS in mind...way better than trying to make your sport-climbing gear do as a big wall rope bag. Check out some of the features.

Big Wall John You guessed it. You can get it there.

Dubloon: You've probably wished you had one before, if you knew what it was. If not, it isn't a bad way to avoid using #1 rivit hangers...

In short, if you are a wall climber, and you haven't been to the FishProducts website, there is probably something there for you.

End: Shameless Plug

FWIW,

-Kate.

vegastradguy

Mar 9, 2006, 9:12 AM
Post #9 of 10 (1805 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

The FISH web site (http://www.fishproducts.com) is probably the best web site for learning about wall gear around.

moof

Mar 9, 2006, 4:53 PM
Post #10 of 10 (1805 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've got a Fish budget bag. The materials are bomber. The carry ain't great, but not terrible (only modestly worse than my A5 bag). They have the look that they were handmade, but there is no compromise in function or quality, just not the same refined look you get with other bags. Also don't be suprised if some of the webbing is sky blue, or purple, or green. If ti bothers you let Russ know so when you order, otherwise your bag will have that "unique" look.

If I hadn't gotten my A5 bag as a ebay special I would have gotten the deluxe Fish bag as my bigger bag.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook