Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Frustration Creek demolished
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

climbnsocal

Dec 12, 2004, 11:59 PM
Post #1 of 12 (5079 views)
Shortcut

Frustration Creek demolished  (North_America: United_States: California: San_Bernardino_County: Frustration_Creek)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Today december 12th. i was going to go enjoy a day of climbing with my girlfriend and was very surprised to see that the upper tier was basically destroyed by a huge rock slide that spaned from the 3rd or top waterfall all the way down to the 2nd or middle waterfall with some rocks even under the 2nd waterfall and a bit under the 1st as well someone also stole numerous carabiners from chains and the rocks flattened one anchor completly i will post pictures shortly is the small crag of frustration creek gone for good or will this turn out to be a huge rebuild?? im willing to atleast try removeing rocks and rebuilding the upper tier

sandbag

Dec 13, 2004, 12:09 AM
Post #2 of 12 (5078 views)
Shortcut

Re: Frustration Creek demolished [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Rebuild what? Do you possess the ability to raise mountains and fill the oceans? Damn, all the websites inthe world and God/Goddess, Allah, The almighty engineer of the universe, (insert any additional superlatives wanted here) decided to grace our site.
Amazing.
Can you rebuild the "Tropics" too at Horsetooth Re, i have some unfinished business there.....

jt512

Dec 13, 2004, 3:01 AM
Post #3 of 12 (5078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Rebuild what? Do you possess the ability to raise mountains and fill the oceans? Damn, all the websites inthe world and God/Goddess, Allah, The almighty engineer of the universe, (insert any additional superlatives wanted here) decided to grace our site.
Amazing.

Pretty ballsy posting up on a subject about which you know nothing.

The damage in question is indeed repairable, at least as I understand it. Well, maybe I should shut up, too, having not seen the damage first hand.

-Jay

bubba

Dec 13, 2004, 4:47 AM
Post #4 of 12 (5078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Today december 12th. i was going to go enjoy a day of climbing with my girlfriend and was very surprised to see that the upper tier was basically destroyed by a huge rock slide that spaned from the 3rd or top waterfall all the way down to the 2nd or middle waterfall with some rocks even under the 2nd waterfall and a bit under the 1st as well someone also stole numerous carabiners from chains and the rocks flattened one anchor completly i will post pictures shortly is the small crag of frustration creek gone for good or will this turn out to be a huge rebuild?? im willing to atleast try removeing rocks and rebuilding the upper tier

I think that is the longest run-on sentence I've ever seen... :wink:
Good luck with whatever you are trying to achieve...

sandbag

Dec 13, 2004, 5:15 AM
Post #5 of 12 (5078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Amazing.

Pretty ballsy posting up on a subject about which you know nothing.

The damage in question is indeed repairable, at least as I understand it. Well, maybe I should shut up, too, having not seen the damage first hand.

-Jay

Thats why i like posting for you Jay, youre like the drill instructor Gunnery Sgt Hartman, from Full Metal Jacket. You are hard but you are fair, because i dont like you i will survive.....
:wink:

mped

Dec 13, 2004, 5:39 AM
Post #6 of 12 (5078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

I think that is the longest run-on sentence I've ever seen... :wink:
Good luck with whatever you are trying to achieve...

lol. My question is...how big are the rocks in the slide? Are you talking fist size rocks or 300lb boulders?

Partner shano

Dec 13, 2004, 9:02 PM
Post #7 of 12 (5078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wow, thats a real bummer - natural disaster I can understand but somebody stealing fixed draws.... Maybe if poetic justice exists the slimebags will be found at the bottom of the slag heap.
We've had similar "disaster recovery" days at our local pile and have had good luck w/ advertising it via the local climbing website and getting the locals to come out and make it a successful group effort to recover.

Frustration is a cool area - I'd be willing to pitch in for a day or two if someone was to organize a concerted clean up effort (depending on the degree of burial and destruction...)
-s

peggy

Dec 13, 2004, 9:34 PM
Post #8 of 12 (5078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am so sad to hear that the Frustration has been ruined. I spent the whole summer climbing there in 2003. We were up there two to three days a week. Even though the area is small, the climbing was excellent. I have such fond memories from 'the crick'. I am definitely down to help in a rebuild effort if there is one. I will miss the pool though. It was great to cool down on those hot summer days.

peterparker

Feb 16, 2005, 12:45 AM
Post #9 of 12 (5078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have been in denial and I'm still feeling weak at the idea that it could be ruined. But I'm ready to see the pictures. Now where the hell are they!? Sorry, one of the stages of grief coming out.

climbnredrock

Mar 28, 2005, 5:22 AM
Post #10 of 12 (5078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

im so sorry bout not posting to pics but my comp got a virus and it destroyed alot of stuff but its all good now i got a new one. the pics i had are gone but i hav a couple i snaped from the base you can get a idea of the damage. as to SANDBAG obviously you dont give a shit about the rocks so just shut up go critique someone else. the rocks from what i can see dont weigh more than a hundred pounds most less than 50 i think its not the weight of each rock that concerns me its the total weight and the quantity of rock and where it can all go because its such a small canyon
if you care about the rocks write back please i would love your input especially if you have seen the damage

welikoa

Mar 12, 2006, 9:17 PM
Post #11 of 12 (5078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey. im going to be in forest falls all summer and wanted to know if the wall was totally demoloished and if not, whats left. I realize the last post about this was more than a year ago, so has anybody been back recently and begun any clean up and whats it like now?

socalbolter

Mar 12, 2006, 10:53 PM
Post #12 of 12 (5078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

We went up about 8 months ago and stabilized the base of the wall and moved some of the bolts around (to make sense with the new ground levels).

The wall seems to be just fine and people are still climbing there.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook