RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

pr0x1mo

Mar 22, 2006, 6:41 PM
Post #1 of 18 (27320 views)
Shortcut

Chris Sharma Witness The Fitness Vid Clip
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Is there any out there besides the preview on bigupproduction? Like a clip of the entire sent of just witness the fitness?

andrewbanandrew

Mar 22, 2006, 6:49 PM
Post #2 of 18 (27320 views)
Shortcut

Re: Chris Sharma Witness The Fitness Vid Clip [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I think it's in Dosage III.

ozoneclimber

Mar 22, 2006, 6:52 PM
Post #3 of 18 (27320 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, they have the whole send on Dosage III.

pr0x1mo

Mar 22, 2006, 7:20 PM
Post #4 of 18 (27320 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

LMFAO

nah, man, i know that, i have dosage 3, i was wondering if there was an internet clip, i wanted to show people in other forums chris sharma (non rock climbing forum).

wzrdgandalf

Mar 22, 2006, 7:20 PM
Post #5 of 18 (27320 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes its sad that it is hard to find free video clips online for free, but its just a fact of life. I tried for quite a while to find the footage of sharma sending relization but no could do. Best thing for you to do is to suck it up and spend the money on some of the big up productions videos. They are definately worth it. I was extremely reluctant to spend the money because im a poor college student but afterwards i was glad that i am helping support josh lowell and his company. Maybe try going 50/50 on the video with a climbing friend.
P.S. does anyone know of the working link for alex hubers free solo of kommunist?

pr0x1mo

Mar 22, 2006, 7:31 PM
Post #6 of 18 (27320 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Yes its sad that it is hard to find free video clips online for free, but its just a fact of life. I tried for quite a while to find the footage of sharma sending relization but no could do. Best thing for you to do is to suck it up and spend the money on some of the big up productions videos. They are definately worth it. I was extremely reluctant to spend the money because im a poor college student but afterwards i was glad that i am helping support josh lowell and his company. Maybe try going 50/50 on the video with a climbing friend.
P.S. does anyone know of the working link for alex hubers free solo of kommunist?

try this:

http://blanchas.myftpsite.net/Rockclimbing/Vids/realization.mov

That should work for realization.

wzrdgandalf

Mar 22, 2006, 7:32 PM
Post #7 of 18 (27320 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

whoops, well if you already have it then i dont know what to say. If you have any dvd editing software then you could put it on computer and ftp it to people online.

wzrdgandalf

Mar 22, 2006, 7:39 PM
Post #8 of 18 (27320 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ah thank you very much proximo.

pr0x1mo

Mar 22, 2006, 8:17 PM
Post #9 of 18 (27320 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
whoops, well if you already have it then i dont know what to say. If you have any dvd editing software then you could put it on computer and ftp it to people online.

Good one. I was thinking, my friend burned my DVD, and i suggested for him to just take that lil segment of witness the fitness and to upload it to a site like www.thatvideosite.com or www.youtube.com

I don't know if thats illegal or something, but it would just be more promotion for Sharma, or inspiration for others to climb.

Lots of people on the different forums i go to have this pre-concieved notion that rock climbing is nothing more than climbing a high ladder with rope. When i post clips of incredible bouldering, or hard routes they're like "oh shit! i didn't know you could do that in rock climbing, i wanna try that!" So i just wanted to show them the best of the best.

organic

Mar 22, 2006, 8:19 PM
Post #10 of 18 (27320 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Send me the DVD I will record it onto my digital comcorder and than put it online for you!

lemurboy

Mar 22, 2006, 8:43 PM
Post #11 of 18 (27320 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes thats the problem when Josh Lowell is the only guy filming it!

I dont imagine Josh particulary likes to give all his hard work away for free!

Anyway let me know if you find it!

bustloose

Mar 22, 2006, 8:50 PM
Post #12 of 18 (27320 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i don't know why i have trouble letting such things pass...

brother, if you want to show people the best of the best, try a clip of Fred Nicole, or Gullich... Sharma is good, but far from the best of the best...

and 'Realization' is actually 'Biographie'

Partner neuroshock

Mar 22, 2006, 9:04 PM
Post #13 of 18 (27320 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Good one. I was thinking, my friend burned my DVD, and i suggested for him to just take that lil segment of witness the fitness and to upload it to a site like www.thatvideosite.com or www.youtube.com

I don't know if thats illegal or something, but it would just be more promotion for Sharma, or inspiration for others to climb.
yeah, i think that'd be a violation of copyright. besides, it'd be needless promotion of Sharma (does he really need more?) and it'd cut into Lowell's rewards for the work he puts into making these movies. your copy being a duplicate of your friend's copy is already doing so....

i could see how people think making copies of blockbuster movies is only keeping money from "the man" but i don't think BigUP Productions is rolling in cash ala Uncle Scrooge McDuck from "Duck Tales"

In reply to:
Lots of people on the different forums i go to have this pre-concieved notion that rock climbing is nothing more than climbing a high ladder with rope. When i post clips of incredible bouldering, or hard routes they're like "oh s---! i didn't know you could do that in rock climbing, i wanna try that!"
how about showing them the clips of said segment instead? go to http://www.bigupproductions.com/ and click on "Extras" in the navigation. click on "Big Up Dose: The Ozarks" and then scroll down to the bottom. there's a 4-5 minute video.

weschrist

Mar 22, 2006, 9:05 PM
Post #14 of 18 (27320 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

why not just link them to the Dosage III trailer... it has some of WTF

http://www.bigupproductions.com/

weschrist

Mar 22, 2006, 9:15 PM
Post #15 of 18 (27320 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
brother, if you want to show people the best of the best, try a clip of Fred Nicole, or Gullich... Sharma is good, but far from the best of the best...

ha. I have seen Nicole, Sharma, etc, etc, climb and I can say without a doubt Sharma is just as much "the best of the best" as Fred or anyone else I have seen.

And since when does someone get to name a route BEFORE it has been done, especially when they can't send it? Biographie ends at the pussy anchors midway up the wall and is no more a "route" than the first x bolts of any climb. The anchors at the top are the Realization anchors... first sent by Sharma, hence Sharma names the route as he sees fit.

pr0x1mo

Mar 22, 2006, 9:31 PM
Post #16 of 18 (27320 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
i don't know why i have trouble letting such things pass...

Got any links?

pr0x1mo

Mar 22, 2006, 9:45 PM
Post #17 of 18 (27320 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

ha. I have seen Nicole, Sharma, etc, etc, climb and I can say without a doubt Sharma is just as much "the best of the best" as Fred or anyone else I have seen.

And since when does someone get to name a route BEFORE it has been done, especially when they can't send it? Biographie ends at the sissy anchors midway up the wall and is no more a "route" than the first x bolts of any climb. The anchors at the top are the Realization anchors... first sent by Sharma, hence Sharma names the route as he sees fit.

He probably named it Realization, becuase he realized bigraphie was a pussy unfinished route till he completed it and added more! lol

weschrist

Mar 22, 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #18 of 18 (27320 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

As I understand it, and I could be wrong cuz I ain't jt58, the entire route was bolted but the frog that put the bolts in couldn't climb the whole thing so he threw in some anchors mid-way up the pitch (ala Skinner style) and called it a route... and abandoned the upper part.

Then he got all hurt when the real route got sent and named in the usual style... that is, by the person who did the FA.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook