Forums: Community: Campground:
For Bush Haters: What good things has he done?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

mistymountainhop

Mar 22, 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #1 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Let me start off by saying all in all I really hate George W. and his administration. Im even a member of the Democrat club on campus. He is not the most popular president for many reasons; His war, his lack of care for the environment, wiretapping, Harriet Meyer, ports deal, Katrina, etc...... hes done alot of shitty thing. Period.

Hating everything a president does b/c some of the things he has done or what party he is in seems to be close minded. Even if he did do something that made everyone happy and was not corrput. alot of the liberal types would hate him and rag on him for it. Its the same as when conservatives of all types disapproved of anything Clinton did.

So from the left leaning climber opinion.... what has Dubya done that you actually like or support?

(edited for grammar)

madriver

Mar 22, 2006, 10:41 PM
Post #2 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Re: For Bush Haters: What good things has he done? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

....gotten rid of Dan Rather?

arrettinator

Mar 22, 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #3 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Got rid of the Marriage Tax.

rufusandcompany

Mar 22, 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #4 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think he has reminded us of how much more careful we should be when voting for an elected official - especially when it involves a presidential election.

wjca

Mar 22, 2006, 11:09 PM
Post #5 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, there was that time that he...no that was someone else.

Oh, I recall that in 2004 he went to...no that was the other guy.

Didn't he one time try and...no he didn't do that either.

I got it, he taught all the slacker, trust fund babies in this world that you can take drugs, dogde responsibility and if you know the right people, are willing fuck over an entire planet of people and don't give a shit about looking stupid while you do it, then anyone can become the most powerful person on the planet. They probably already knew that though.

dirtineye

Mar 22, 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #6 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

IF people really stick to only posting the good that W has done, this may be a very short thread.

For me, the best thing W has done, is that he has narrowly kept us out of nuclear war with illegal aliens.

From another planet, not the ones from mexico.

Anybody could keep us out of nuclear war with them.

boondock_saint

Mar 22, 2006, 11:31 PM
Post #7 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I tried coming back to this thread after some thought but I really can't think of a single good thing bush did.

dingus

Mar 22, 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #8 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Um....?

I got nothing, sorry.

DMT

climbinganne

Mar 22, 2006, 11:49 PM
Post #9 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

he has invented many new words to the english language

hugepedro

Mar 23, 2006, 12:09 AM
Post #10 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

He's done severe damage to the Republican party, so America stands a better chance of getting our act together and catching up to the more advanced nations on this planet.

He's totally botched the Iraq war, so the evil and self-defeating doctrine of pre-emptive war will likely not prevail.

zozo

Mar 23, 2006, 12:13 AM
Post #11 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah he definetly exposed the conservative movement (notice I did'nt say rebulicans) for the straw man it was. That is a good thing

To bad every child born from today til 2025 is born 35,000$ dollars in the hole. I paid my cell bill with my tax refund last year.

Partner dondiego

Mar 23, 2006, 12:51 AM
Post #12 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Doesn't apply to most here, but he has approved funding to fix/replace housing for military families that live on bases. The housing hasn't been revamped since WW2 so it was/is in really rough shape. Approved funding for better pay for off post housing so a family can afford to live somewhere other than a studio appartment of trailer in the ghetto. Generally gave a lot of folks in the military a Commander in Chief that lives by the same rules that is required of us. I was not a Clinton hater like some republicans, but as a commander in chief, he didn't have a very good following from the military.

-DD-

organic

Mar 23, 2006, 12:52 AM
Post #13 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

mmh you really belong in boulder! Interesting question and the current administration has made a lot of bad decisions. But off the top of your head can you answer me about something good that any of the past 5 Presidents have done or even 10? The older people in this thread might have a better shot.

aaronbr86

Mar 23, 2006, 1:14 AM
Post #14 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Since when is Bush a conservative. He can call himself what he wants but most conservatives dont consider him one.

-Aaron

jasona

Mar 23, 2006, 1:50 AM
Post #15 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Not to hijack your thread although that is apparently been done already but those who say he has done nothing good answer the following question:

What good did Clinton do?

This is not a loaded question. I just think we as Americans like to focus on all the fucked up facets of our lives.

colotopian

Mar 23, 2006, 2:18 AM
Post #16 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

He answered the question: what would another christian crusade into the middle east be like?

colotopian

Mar 23, 2006, 2:19 AM
Post #17 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

He answered the question: what would another christian crusade into the middle east be like?

curt

Mar 23, 2006, 3:04 AM
Post #18 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Not to hijack your thread although that is apparently been done already but those who say he has done nothing good answer the following question:

What good did Clinton do?

Well, for one thing, Clinton took the deficits run in GHWB's administration and turned things around so that we were running budget surplusses by the end of his second term.

Plus, he taught us all (in hindsight) that a blowjob here or there is really pretty insignificant in the big scheme of things.

Curt

g
Deleted

Mar 23, 2006, 3:40 AM
Post #19 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

He did get Libya to rid itself of its WMD program... wait, that might not be the whole story. Anyway, I would be hard pressed to think of something, but I've argued before that some of that is built into the system. To steal and paraphrase a bit from a movie I like, it is government based on compromise, and therefore we are always compromised. It is a system of government that insures that no one is happy (not totally true, but for arguments sake).

collegekid

Mar 23, 2006, 3:43 AM
Post #20 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

His actions will ultimately result in a revival of political spirit in this country, i.e. wake up the voting public (perhaps more than 1/3 of the pop. will vote in future elections?!?!).

I really can't think of anything he's directly had his hands in that was improved in any way. I guess he made rich people richer in a lot of cases, which is good for rich people (but not 99% of the population).

jackflash

Mar 23, 2006, 4:30 AM
Post #21 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was pretty impressed when he said the following:

In reply to:
Matt Lauer: “You said to me a second ago, one of the things you'll lay out in your vision for the next four years is how to go about winning the war on terror. That phrase strikes me a little bit. Do you really think we can win this war on terror in the next four years?”

President Bush: “I have never said we can win it in four years.”

Lauer: “So I’m just saying can we win it? Do you see that?”

Bush: “I don't think you can win it. But I think you can create conditions so that those who use terror as a tool are less acceptable in parts of the world."

Of course, after the interview went public he backtracked to asserting that we can actually win the war on terror, as if we can stop a tactic that's probably as old as politics.

bobd1953

Mar 23, 2006, 5:31 AM
Post #22 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
he has invented many new words to the english language

Anne...classic!

thorne
Deleted

Mar 23, 2006, 1:23 PM
Post #23 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Since becoming President of the United States in 2001, President Bush has worked with the Congress to create an ownership society and build a future of security, prosperity, and opportunity for all Americans. He signed into law tax relief that helps workers keep more of their hard-earned money, as well as the most comprehensive education reforms in a generation, the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001. This legislation is ushering in a new era of accountability, flexibility, local control, and more choices for parents, affirming our Nation’s fundamental belief in the promise of every child. President Bush has also worked to improve healthcare and modernize Medicare, providing the first-ever prescription drug benefit for seniors; increase homeownership, especially among minorities; conserve our environment; and increase military strength, pay, and benefits. Because President Bush believes the strength of America lies in the hearts and souls of our citizens, he has supported programs that encourage individuals to help their neighbors in need.

On the morning of September 11, 2001, terrorists attacked our Nation. Since then, President Bush has taken unprecedented steps to protect our homeland and create a world free from terror. He is grateful for the service and sacrifice of our brave men and women in uniform and their families. The President is confident that by helping build free and prosperous societies, our Nation and our friends and allies will succeed in making America more secure and the world more peaceful.

gene723

Mar 23, 2006, 2:08 PM
Post #24 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Amen....

jonqdoe

Mar 23, 2006, 2:22 PM
Post #25 of 86 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Since becoming President of the United States in 2001, President Bush has worked with the Congress to create an ownership society and build a future of security, prosperity, and opportunity for all Americans. He signed into law tax relief that helps workers keep more of their hard-earned money, as well as the most comprehensive education reforms in a generation, the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001. This legislation is ushering in a new era of accountability, flexibility, local control, and more choices for parents, affirming our Nation’s fundamental belief in the promise of every child. President Bush has also worked to improve healthcare and modernize Medicare, providing the first-ever prescription drug benefit for seniors; increase homeownership, especially among minorities; conserve our environment; and increase military strength, pay, and benefits. Because President Bush believes the strength of America lies in the hearts and souls of our citizens, he has supported programs that encourage individuals to help their neighbors in need.

On the morning of September 11, 2001, terrorists attacked our Nation. Since then, President Bush has taken unprecedented steps to protect our homeland and create a world free from terror. He is grateful for the service and sacrifice of our brave men and women in uniform and their families. The President is confident that by helping build free and prosperous societies, our Nation and our friends and allies will succeed in making America more secure and the world more peaceful.

Heh, couldn't come up with anything on your own, eh?
http://www.whitehouse.gov/president/gwbbio.html

I couldn't either, though I swear at some point there were a few things he had done that I agreed with...as for Clinton, I think he got lucky and didn't have to do anything spectacular to be remembered well. We were at peace and in the middle of a huge economic boom, all he needed to do was stay out of the way and let things ride.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook