RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trad Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

nswelton

Mar 23, 2006, 1:00 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1086 views)
Shortcut

Lumpy Ridge Offwidths
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi – I’m moving to Estes Park in a few months and I need some advice. I have jacked up my fingers from too much bouldering, so for the next six months I want to focus on offwidths! What are your favorite Boulder/Lumpy offwidths?

flamer

Mar 23, 2006, 1:40 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1086 views)
Shortcut

Re: Lumpy Ridge Offwidths [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The Twin Owls at Lumpy offer the highest concetration of OW's in the area.
Crack of fear, twister and peach's and cream...those 3 should keep you plenty occupied! Don't miss Turnkorner on Sundance, one of my favorite lumpy routes.

Also check out The umph slot on the dome in Bolder canyon and The By gully on castle rock.

If you really want to climb OW's head up to veduwoo.

josh

kricir

Mar 23, 2006, 1:50 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1086 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lumpy has lots of great crack climbs. Twin Owls is OW central, the only one Iv gotten up is tighter squeeze- which has lots of smaller gear in little cracks inside of the OW, supplemented by one or two big pieces. Oh, and there is a nice overhanging 5.9 finish up and to the left.

shaggyj

Mar 26, 2006, 5:54 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1086 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If its just your fingers that are jacked up, then you'll have a field day on the hand sized cracks at Lumpy.....And then if you get tired of the OWs at Lumpy cruise up the road to vedauwoo for some dry heaving OWs

schveety

Mar 27, 2006, 4:25 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1086 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Another one on the Twin Owls at Lumpy is Conad's Gonads to Tiger's Tooth. Conad's is mainly a handcrack, but it may be a little hard on the fingers. But Tiger's Tooth is phenomenal, rated 5.9, but I think a little harder than that....overhanging start, kind of fist-sized to about 6-8 inches and then up into a slick chimney with good gear in a crack that runs up the inside (if you get too far to the right in the chimney you will be on Wolf's Tooth, which is a 5.8). Also the first pitch of Osirus - 5.6 - kind of a cross between an offwidth and chimney. But the best offwidths are definitely in Vedauwoo.......... sigh, I wish it was warmer.........

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Trad Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook