Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Pointless warning about Tunnel
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

oggieinc

Apr 4, 2006, 6:28 PM
Post #1 of 1 (1497 views)
Shortcut

Pointless warning about Tunnel  (North_America: United_States: California: Los_Angeles_County: Tunnel_Crags)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Firstly one should note that Williamson is now closed! Secondly, if the person who posted the crag review had actually climbed at Tunnel he/she may have found at most 3 routes which would qualify as "chossy" of loose. The crag was extensively cleaned and has many stations for both safety and ease of use. As there is the opportunity for 3 pitch routes and virtually no chance of dislodging debris onto the road, I believe you can find the climbing there quite enjoyable. One word of warning though; when it was originally bolted it was done so on many routes on lead. Some of the routes are therefore run in places. Be prepared to climb with good footwork. The climbs tend to make you rely a lot on balance and technical ability. I have not climbed there for a few years so it may have be dirtier than I remember but I do recall it being very enjoyable and will definitely be climbing there this summer. The routes range from 5.9 to 12c if I remember correctly. I have some old copies of the guide and you can email me if you want one. They are laminated and show I think 36 routes or so.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook