RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

jakedatc

May 19, 2006, 1:30 AM
Post #1 of 9 (1147 views)
Shortcut

Photo TOS...?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

"If you do not own the rights to the photograph you are submitting, you must secure the permission of the copyright holder prior to uploading it. If you do not act on their behalf, and the rightful owner sues for damages, you will be prosecuted."

just wondering how this rediculously famous photo got submitted and accepted..
http://www.rockclimbing.com/...p.cgi?Detailed=73531
Roger Patterson and Robert Gimlin's if i googled it correctly
http://www.rockclimbing.com/photo/photo_show.php?list_sort=newest_p_first&list_keyword=&list_category=0&list_filter_user_id=&list_comment_user_id=&list_per_page=25&list_album_id=&list_CountryStateID=&list_AreaID=&list_SectionID=&list_mode=approved&list_period=Month&list_start=2&id=73531
Roger Patterson and Robert Gimlin's if i googled it correctly
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/photos/bigfoot1.html

Partner ctardi

May 19, 2006, 3:40 AM
Post #2 of 9 (1147 views)
Shortcut

Re: Photo TOS...? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It kinda depends on the hounor system. You can't expect photo editors to know every photo ever taken. :) (Or can we.....?) :twisted:

jakedatc

May 19, 2006, 4:18 AM
Post #3 of 9 (1147 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

no.. and they do a wonderful job.. i just thought it was funny they let this one slip. but come on..big foot? and linked to the database? riiight

thomasribiere

May 19, 2006, 9:09 PM
Post #4 of 9 (1147 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So I suppose it should be deleted.

Partner philbox

May 22, 2006, 3:02 AM
Post #5 of 9 (1147 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It was probably aproved using the bulk aproval process that Anson has developed for us photo editors. That said it certainly should not have been aproved and now that we are aware of this obvious plagiarism we will act to remove it. Thanks for the heads up.

climbsomething

May 22, 2006, 3:14 AM
Post #6 of 9 (1147 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am pretty sure I approved it in the bulk approval process. Despite there being 10 listed photo editors, I do the lion's share of the approving and resizing. If I don't, the stuff just piles up and people start asking where their photos are at.

I had never seen the image before, FWIW, so I didn't know it was stolen. I only keep an eye out for nudity or photos that are too big. This can cause enough drama as it is.

So if anybody else wants to join the photo editing team to keep Bigfoot and his ilk out along with the chicks in their birthday suits or underwear, and 200k cell phone shots of boulders without climbers on them, feel free.

/whine huff

climbsomething

May 22, 2006, 3:15 AM
Post #7 of 9 (1147 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am pretty sured I approved it in the bulk approval process. Despite there being 10 listed photo editors, I do the lion's share of the approving and resizing. If I don't, the stuff just piles up and people start asking where their photos are at.

I had never seen the image before, FWIW, so I didn't know it was stolen. I only keep an eye out for nudity or photos that are too big. This can cause enough drama as it is.

So if anybody else wants to join the photo editing team to keep Bigfoot and his ilk out along with the chicks in their birthday suits, and 200k cell phone shots of boulders without climbers on them, feel free.

/whine huff

guangzhou

May 22, 2006, 3:33 AM
Post #8 of 9 (1147 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Give me the requirement and I'll gladly help. I have a few hours a week I can dedicate.

Eman

jakedatc

May 22, 2006, 3:46 AM
Post #9 of 9 (1147 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hehe i guess everyone didnt do a monster myths project in middle school like i did. Not blaming ya. as phil said.. just a heads up. In retro. i shoulda sent ya a PM about it.

thanks for keeping the cell phone shots off.. blurry .32 MP POS shots are far more annoying than someone trying to play bigfoot

i'd probably be able to help out also... just need a little instruction(what can and cant be approved) and capabilities

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook