Forums: Climbing Information: General:
I hate your dog
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Next page Last page  View All

crimpandgo

May 19, 2006, 4:45 PM
Post #126 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Re: I hate your dog [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
i laugh at people who complain about animals in the woods.

go to a gym

People are not complaining about "animals" in the woods. They are complaining about Pets in the woods.

"animals" generally stay away. Its a natural instinct that keeps them alive.
"pets" however have no natural instincts and thus tend to be annoyances when not properly trained.

Except for the occasional snake, I can't remember the last time an "animal" went rummaging through my pack. i can however count numerous time an unleashed dog (pet) has done it.

redpoint73

May 19, 2006, 4:53 PM
Post #127 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
i laugh at people who complain about animals in the woods.

go to a gym

Dogs don't belong in the woods. They are domesticated wolves.

cosmiccragsman

May 19, 2006, 5:43 PM
Post #128 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Djoseph wrote:

In reply to:
Just a thought on this (and cosimccragsman, feel free to comment):

Wolf-dog hybrids can be quite unpredictable. (Of course, pure dogs can be too).

I speak only for the hybrids I have had. As I stated before, I have had many over the years, and not one, has been mean, or psycho. I do believe, a lot of love, interaction, training shapes any animal.
Every one of mine has been lovable, very intelligent and very loyal.
You are right in one aspect though, Djoseph. Any animal can be un- predictable. I think a lot of it depends on the person raising them.

Any responsible pet owner should know the actions, of their pets,
and, if they think their pets could be a danger, or nuisance to other people,
the owners should keep them away from the people.

Cosmiccragsman

P.S. Good post Corpse, I agree.

glowering

May 19, 2006, 6:00 PM
Post #129 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
WTF does smoking being banned at the crags have to do with my post?

Hmm, how about this?

In reply to:
I ask you, "What's so hard about leaving your dog at home? What's so hard about leaving your dog in your backyard or asking someone else to look after your dog?" Sure, I can go somewhere else, but you can leave your dog at home.

Replace dog in that statement with smokes and... nevermind, I would explain it all to you, but it's not worth my time. Considering the hypocrisy in your statements and unjustified condescending attitude you probably wouldn't get it.

crimpandgo

May 19, 2006, 6:34 PM
Post #130 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Generally Pet behavior is a reflection of their owner behaviour.

So, it really won't matter if they leave their dog at home if you get my drift :lol: :twisted:

erin

May 19, 2006, 6:42 PM
Post #131 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

We were up at the new and some dog came and peed on our pack. the owner's starting laughing like this was not a big deal at all. Needless to say, we were more than a little irritated.

kman

May 19, 2006, 7:45 PM
Post #132 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
We were up at the new and some dog came and peed on our pack. the owner's starting laughing like this was not a big deal at all. Needless to say, we were more than a little irritated.

What a fucking idiot. Go piss on his pack...then when he approaches you about it, you give him a good ass kicking.

I don't mind having dogs at the crag, but if they are going to be getting into peoples packs and getting in the way then leash them.

cosmiccragsman

May 19, 2006, 11:22 PM
Post #133 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Crimpandgo wrote:
In reply to:

So true Crimp. You can watch a pets actions and know what the owner is like. The reverse is true also.
Well mannered canines, and Parrots, RULE! :D

http://tk.files.storage.msn.com/...TPMlWFSkkfzU5mPqFLRP

Cosmiccragsman

epic_ed

May 20, 2006, 5:20 PM
Post #134 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

How 'bout if we shoot each other and just our pets roam free?

No, no -- better idea -- how 'bout if we stop making braod, sweeping generializations about stuff and act like our ideas apply equally in all situations and that you know better for me than I do for myself? Some dogs don't belong at crags. Some people don't belong at crags. Work out the details for yourself.

Ed

mowz

May 20, 2006, 5:23 PM
Post #135 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
WTF does smoking being banned at the crags have to do with my post?

Hmm, how about this?

In reply to:
I ask you, "What's so hard about leaving your dog at home? What's so hard about leaving your dog in your backyard or asking someone else to look after your dog?" Sure, I can go somewhere else, but you can leave your dog at home.

Replace dog in that statement with smokes and... nevermind, I would explain it all to you, but it's not worth my time. Considering the hypocrisy in your statements and unjustified condescending attitude you probably wouldn't get it.

What?! I never mentioned that smoking should be banned at the crags. Prove to me that I said it and I'll eat my words. I stated that the whole "smokers' rights vs. non-smokers' rights" arguement is comparable to the "those who don't like dogs at the crag vs. those who bring dogs to the crag" arguement. Where in the fuck did I ever say that banning smoking at the crag is comparable, or has anything to do with, people leaving their dogs at home?

Unjustified attitude? If you learned how to extrapolate context, maybe I wouldn't be so fed up with people like you who mis-quote and shoot off with out thinking about what was stated.

And why would anyone replace "dogs" with "smoking"? Are you just trying to get my goat? If you replaced "pasta" with "cocaine", then many people would be high so does that mean pasta was compared to cocaine? Don't get what I just said? Doesn't make sense? That's EXACTLY what your post reads like.

Sorry. I'm a bit pissed. In a previous response, you said "according to the post above, smoking . . . blah, blah, blah." You did nothing to prove your point. You make an accusation and now you have to back it up. I'm asking you: back it up.

treez

May 20, 2006, 5:50 PM
Post #136 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Page 10

http://img368.imageshack.us/...7/burtonjumbo1ds.png

thomasribiere

May 20, 2006, 5:54 PM
Post #137 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
then at a certain point, began acting like wolves (territorial, challenging social hierarchies, etc.).

djoseph, dogs do exactly the same... go read some dog behavior books.

thomasribiere

May 20, 2006, 5:57 PM
Post #138 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
only a very distorted reflection...

franko

May 20, 2006, 7:42 PM
Post #139 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Remember people: If your dog is not a well behaved expensive, papered and pedigreed breed then leave the mangy mut at home. I will kick that mongrel right under the chops if it comes sniffin around me. I am a pedigreed dog snob and I hate muts ; especially the mangy ones with bandanas around their stupid necks. If your dog looks like you found it or bought it for a measly 50 bucks at the pound right before they euthanized it then keep it at home.

Carry On,

Jefro

Please do kick my mutt punk. I'd love an excuse to smash your ugly face.

majid_sabet

May 20, 2006, 9:14 PM
Post #140 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ihategrigris

You are absolutely right and have a very solid point, I got this friend who has this pit bull called Diff eater guarding a yard, poor pit bull eats engine parts all the long in the junkyard, my friend wants you to come down here and meet this Diff eater, poor dog has't had any human meat in long time.

cosmiccragsman

May 20, 2006, 11:36 PM
Post #141 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I gave you a trophy for this great pic, treez!
http://img368.imageshack.us/...7/burtonjumbo1ds.png

cosmiccragsman

treez

May 21, 2006, 7:48 PM
Post #142 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks Cragsman! There was heavy smoke from fires in BC that day. It created a very eerie feeling and some cool photos.

I'm trying to piss off the dog hater. :wink:

http://img414.imageshack.us/...06/glacierdog3vk.png

weschrist

May 21, 2006, 8:49 PM
Post #143 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
People are not complaining about "animals" in the woods.

I can't remember the last time an "animal" went rummaging through my pack.

You don't climb much in Yosemite, the Sierras, or the Wind Rivers do you? Plenty of people complain about "animals" in the woods. And if they complain enough the powers that be shoot the animals.

I have had one pack swiped by a bear, 3 packs ruined by squirrels who took my lunch (which hasn't happened since I got my dog!), and only one case where a dog took 1/2 of my lunch. I also know 2 friends who had their doors ripped off by bears plus the $200 (?) ticket from the tool.

It boils down to the fact that you are outside... fucking stop bitching and deal with it! How is it any different when a squirrel takes your lunch than a dog? It is still YOUR fault for not protecting YOUR shit.

weschrist

May 21, 2006, 8:58 PM
Post #144 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

In reply to:
What?! I never mentioned that smoking should be banned at the crags. Prove to me that I said it and I'll eat my words. I stated that the whole "smokers' rights vs. non-smokers' rights" arguement is comparable to the "those who don't like dogs at the crag vs. those who bring dogs to the crag" arguement.

I think his point was for you to re-read your own post and pay attention to the fact that you are asking people do change their behavior to suit your desires... it would read something like this:

In reply to:
I ask you, "What's so hard about leaving your CIGS at home? What's so hard about leaving your CIGS [wherever the fuck you want to leave them]. Sure, I can go somewhere else (stand upwind maybe), but you can leave your fucking stinky CIGS at home and stop ruining my climbing experience.

btw, dogs dont' cause cancer...

mowz

May 21, 2006, 9:46 PM
Post #145 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

In reply to:
What?! I never mentioned that smoking should be banned at the crags. Prove to me that I said it and I'll eat my words. I stated that the whole "smokers' rights vs. non-smokers' rights" arguement is comparable to the "those who don't like dogs at the crag vs. those who bring dogs to the crag" arguement.

I think his point was for you to re-read your own post and pay attention to the fact that you are asking people do change their behavior to suit your desires... it would read something like this:

In reply to:
I ask you, "What's so hard about leaving your CIGS at home? What's so hard about leaving your CIGS [wherever the f--- you want to leave them]. Sure, I can go somewhere else (stand upwind maybe), but you can leave your f---ing stinky CIGS at home and stop ruining my climbing experience.

btw, dogs dont' cause cancer...

I'm gald you're smart enough to realize that dogs don't cause cancer. However, I am disappointed in you because you fail to grasp the fact that I am only asking people to consider both sides of an issue, whether it be smoking or dogs.

At no point did I ever talk about smoking at the crag.

weschrist

May 21, 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #146 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
This is a perfect analogy: smoking vs. non-smoking.

Not really. The smoking issue is different because studies have objectively shown that 2nd hand smoke from ALL cigs cause cancer. Therefore, smoking cigs in confined public places should be banned.

There are no studies that objectively show being around dogs causes any kind of adverse health affect at all. In fact, some studies actually show being around dogs is beneficial to your health. You are comparing a situation in which one person's actions (smoking) adversely affects other people's health, to one in which only sometimes creates a mild inconvenience for some people.

Furthermore, you are a moron.

In reply to:
What about those who don't smoke and those who don't want the second-hand cancer that your cancer stick is expelling? What about the rights of non-smokers who have to right to breathe clean cancer-free air? What about the rights of those who don't like dogs? They get no say on who is around their space?

bold added to illuminate your ridiculous comparison of adverse and permanent health affects to an opinion or preference.

In reply to:
I have never met a dog that has kept completely silent, not gotten in my way, or just not been a nuisance for those around it.

The same can be said for every human I have ever met... it is called life, fucking deal with it.

In reply to:
You pro-bring-your-dog-to-the-crag-people don't think about the fact that there are those who just don't like dogs.

And you pro-continue-to-exist-and-be-a-fucking-moron people don't think about the fact that I want you all dead.

In reply to:
You ask us, "What so hard about moving to another area? What's so hard about putting up with it? What's so hard about accepting the fact that there are going to be dogs?"

No, I don't ask you any of that. I simply say, "this is me, enjoying my time climbing and my dog has come along because he enjoys it and I said so. If my dog does something that pisses you off simply remember that you do shit that pisses me off (like breathe). Deal with it. If it involves violence toward me or my dog, you can expect the same in return. If you are a reasonable person and want to discuss a compromise I'm sure we can work something out."

In reply to:
What's so hard about leaving your dog at home?

It isn't hard, but it sucks. Why don't YOU stay home? You are the one with the problem. It is a serious question and I mean it in all honesty. If you can't deal with the world and all the challenges and difference you will experience there... STAY THE FUCK HOME.

In reply to:
Me? I don't like dogs. Why? I've had bad experiences.

Me? I don't like YOU. Why? Because you had bad experiences and don't have the life skills to get over them and deal with it and instead expect others to change their behavior to suit your desires.

In reply to:
I'll get over it when you leave your animals at home.

No you won't, because you are a pathetic whiny bitch. If it isn't dogs you will find something else to hate. I know because the only difference between people like you and reasonable human beings who can deal with life is that we have learned to either deal with the things we dislike or avoid them.

cosmiccragsman

May 22, 2006, 1:48 AM
Post #147 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What we need on this forum is less arguing, and more cute and lovable
pet pics :D

http://tk.files.storage.msn.com/...ytYNjik088oX1J6slVSc
http://tk.files.storage.msn.com/...QMfk1pAdYSKOS23icZXg
http://tk.files.storage.msn.com/...PpRE1cjfiEkKsgmZKNCg
http://tk.files.storage.msn.com/...dEkgVNUi43InyMrGY-xA

Cosmiccragsman

weschrist

May 22, 2006, 1:54 AM
Post #148 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://i17.photobucket.com/.../Willie/IMG_1079.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/.../Willie/IMG_0776.jpg

treez

May 22, 2006, 2:13 AM
Post #149 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Not the vet!!!

http://img20.imageshack.us/...5194/tothevet4wi.png

I need a bath.

http://img90.imageshack.us/...upsidedowndog4ek.png

climbsomething

May 22, 2006, 3:32 AM
Post #150 of 300 (17612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Treez and cosmic et. al., I am cracking up at your approach to the dog-bashers.

That black dog looks huger than huge.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook