Forums: Community: The Ladies' Room:
Writer seeking rock-climbing expertise...
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

ryw

May 26, 2006, 1:41 PM
Post #1 of 2 (758 views)
Shortcut

Writer seeking rock-climbing expertise...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi Ladies,

I'm hoping to prevail upon someone's expertise and love for rock climbing. I am not a climber and recognize all of you would rather climb than write or read about it, so I promise not to take up much of your time.

I'm writing a story where one of my character's hobbies is rock climbing. Given I've no experience in the area, I'm looking for someone to edit the paragraghs where my character embarks on a short climb.

I'm not looking for grammatical writing. Just for you to tell me in your opinion 1) what's missing, 2) what technical bits could be added to give the scene deapth and 3) how the scene "feels" to you.

My goal is to have the scene be riveting to the non climber but believable to someone who climbs.

I'd list and give you kudos at the end of the novel for your time. If you're willing to lend assistance, please email me here or at: robynwilliams@msn.com

Thanks again for your time!

ryw

May 27, 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #2 of 2 (758 views)
Shortcut

Re: Writer seeking rock-climbing expertise... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello again. Now that I've got my own personal climber, aka, ghost-writer extraordinaire, just wanted to say that I admire each of you for what you do. Continuous safe and happy climbing to all...

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook