RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Sport Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

seven

Jun 11, 2006, 3:31 PM
Post #1 of 2 (960 views)
Shortcut

Alaska climbing: good or piss poor
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Once again my job takes me to yet another state where i have absolutely no climbing info. I will be up by Nikiski and Kenai. If no climbing near these two I will make a trip to where ever. Any info would be totally appreciated.

Partner coldclimb

Jun 11, 2006, 3:42 PM
Post #2 of 2 (960 views)
Shortcut

Re: Alaska climbing: good or piss poor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Alaska climbing: World class.

Alaska approaches: piss poor. :lol:

In the Nikiski/Kenai area you're not going to find a ton of great stuff. There's a boulder I've heard of at anchor point, and if you're up for driving either north or South, I've heard there's a bit of rock in the Homer area, and right outside of Anchorage there's some developed stuff on the Seward Highway. The better rock is even farther north though. There's Hatcher Pass near Wasilla/Palmer, and there's a lot of halfway decent stuff even farther in the Chickaloon area on the Glenn Highway. The only sport areas are the Seward Highway and the Glenn Highway though, you won't find a lot of sport anywhere else.

Sounds like you're probably shafted, but good luck finding something decent! If you make it to the Wasilla or maybe even Anchorage area, shoot me a message, I may be around and available to climb somewhere.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook