Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

billcoe_

Aug 29, 2002, 7:19 PM
Post #26 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Central WA Gig (gathering) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm kind of a mid range climber who's ass and gut will probably give offwidthclimber a run, BUT: I'm very safe and experienced and except for my lovely wife of 21 years, most people find tolerable to hang with.

Love to come hang, but am uncommitted as of Sept.

Regards;

Bill

[ This Message was edited by: billcoe_ on 2002-09-08 20:26 ]

Partner jhundrup

Aug 29, 2002, 8:21 PM
Post #27 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Micah - offwidthclimber - if you want to hook up for some carpooling let me know. It looks like we have a few people from the CDA area going.

Partner russman

Aug 29, 2002, 9:47 PM
Post #28 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

As far as I know...the OR parks pass is not recipricol....but we may have 3/4 so that might work. I might be able to steal my dads truck too if we need another rig with a pass...the fewer rigs the better. Still tryign to get some more locals...so we can have more passes.

Looks like things are shaping up...shoudl be mucho fun (I hope our backyardx is big enough )

jono

Aug 29, 2002, 10:21 PM
Post #29 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

im just like onebaljay
got school at wsu but might be able to brake away for a few days. i really didnt see much of the other replies so sorry if its already been asked, but...
directions from eastern wa?

Partner jhundrup

Aug 29, 2002, 10:43 PM
Post #30 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jono...go up to Colfax and at the north end of town take the highway headed west (don't remember the number) follow it all the way to vantage and then just back track a few miles on I90 to Quincy

Partner russman

Aug 30, 2002, 1:48 PM
Post #31 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jared is correct...you will need to follow directions to Quincy. You can use Mapquest from what ever your location is and type in Quincy as the destination...Zip Code is 98848. When we get closer to the date...I will give specific directions to our house and also to the Coulee. Both are real easy to find

The Russman

moosedrool

Aug 30, 2002, 2:35 PM
Post #32 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

mOoSeDRoOL shAlL BE tHeRE.

HEADING HOME (ephrata, wa)!...I CAN'T WAIT! Look forward to seeing you all there, thanks russman for setting this up. Great Place!

Partner russman

Aug 30, 2002, 3:12 PM
Post #33 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Glad to see you will make it Marty. I can't believe that was your first post

I will mark you down...what about Mike? ANy word

moosedrool

Sep 2, 2002, 1:16 PM
Post #34 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

HERE IS POST #2

Yeah, Volcaneer (Mike) mentioned he was interested!

millersqu

Sep 2, 2002, 4:58 PM
Post #35 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

man, that would be so cool. too bad im 17 and my parents would surely say no. oh well, maybe I'll jump on the bandwagon next year!

dedbilly

Sep 9, 2002, 11:15 PM
Post #36 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey the gig sounds like a blast.
i new on the site and was wondering if this was open to anyone willing to go.
i live in north bend and have only been over there once.
i would love the chance to make another trip.
me and my climbing partner are more than willing to help with any exspenses and of course help keep the beer supply full.
please let me know whats up.

krustyklimber

Sep 10, 2002, 12:52 AM
Post #37 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Neal,

Not only are you welcome, but you are also invited!

And welcome to the site, maybe the next gathering for Washington can be in your yard!

Little Si and Exit 38 were also looked at as good choices, but camping was looking to be problematic.

Jeff

Partner russman

Sep 10, 2002, 3:01 AM
Post #38 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This is Russman seconding Krusty's welcome and invite to all who want to make the trip.

I think I am going to try to get a big BBQ for maybe Sat night after I get off. Hope all are gettign pumped up with this GiG. Bobbi and I are hitting the gym to get back into shape and meeting new ppl and I think this could be a pretty HUGE GiG.

Hasta The Russman

russmanswife

Sep 10, 2002, 10:00 PM
Post #39 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

RUSSELL ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?

Partner russman

Sep 11, 2002, 8:45 PM
Post #40 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Now back to our Regulary scheduled programs!!!

The question has come up about food. I will take some . I will start by saying our house is a nice small (2 BD, 1 bth) house, so we don't have tons of extra room to store food and stuff. We can put some in my dads extra fridge accross town (no biggy). I think unless we start talking about what everyone would like and then plan on everyone bringing a little bit (like a pot luck) then we can coordinate, rather than Bobbi and I buy a bunch of food and then everyone who shows up can chip in and we can slipt the costs...that could be a possibility too...we will see. Let me know your thoguths

I am going to try to get a big BBQ for Sat night...or a couple of smaller ones. Breakfasts are easy...and lunches normally consit of sam-witches and rehydrating fluids . Let me know everyone

The Russman & Family
Central WA GiG Hosts

Partner jhundrup

Sep 11, 2002, 9:12 PM
Post #41 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

With so many people coming and so many unknowns, I think that it might be easiest to let everyone plan for themselves just as if they were going on a trip alone. Even though it is convenient to less expensive to combine, it is hard to coordinate. I will bring my large camp stove with 2 burners and people can cook or do whatever is needed and then we won't have to impose on your house Russ. If many are interested, I will get a second camp stove from a friend for a total of 4 burners going at one time.

Some people may want to eat out and others might want to cook. Just my 2 cents.

I will probably bring easy stuff that doesn't need to be refrigerated. Oatmeal, sandwich stuff, food bars, soup or maybe a freeze dried meal. Especially if we are going to sit around and drink beer, I love cooking some camp food.

rocks4jules

Sep 11, 2002, 9:28 PM
Post #42 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sounds like things are getting pretty organized. My group will have a regular camp stove to BBQ if anyone wants to join us. I think jhundrup is right -- we need to "fend for ourselves," with most everything else. Can't wait -- it should be a blast!!! See you all there.

JULES

leejams

Sep 11, 2002, 9:51 PM
Post #43 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi, that sounds like a good time and a way to meet some climbing partners. I am from the Edmonds (seattle) area and been climbing a year now on rock. I have heard of vantage but as of yet never been. What can I bring to help out? Carpooling form Seattle anyone? I have room for 3 or could hitch a ride with someone from this side? cheers lee

krustyklimber

Sep 11, 2002, 10:15 PM
Post #44 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This is shaping up nicely!

There will be some carpooling going on, and I suggest as many of us take advantage of it as possible.

I also sound the call to be somewhat self sufficient and not to overextend Russ' and mostly Bobbie's hospitality, not to be chauvenist but it is her house. I know I can play real hard and not need to do it in the house.

Ice is cheap, and icechests could be stashed in the shade somewhere, so let's not make an issue of it.

BBQ sounds really good, but don't go knockin' yourself out over this Russ! Your hospitality already is a huge thing!

Jeff

rollingstone

Sep 11, 2002, 10:34 PM
Post #45 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Russ and Jeff: I have made my intentions clear via PM!

Oneballjay: No self-respecting WSU climber will use a lame excuse like class to miss a climbing get-together! Classes are held everyday except Sunday, and you can always get the notes from someone else. I always did, and we drove all the way to Leavenworth every weekend!! Be there or be a whiner!!

Everyone: It sounds like many could converge at Russman's, so we might want to think about minimizing their effort and rewarding them for their kindness. I think everyone one should donate at least a 4-pack of TP for the house, and as we near the actual date itself, get a head count to see if a BBQ is even going to be feasible.

This will be my first RC.com gig, but I am getting psyched to meet some new folks and climb at the Coulee cuz I have never climbed there. Will there really be do-able trad stuff for an old tradster, or will I be stuck as a belay slave for some sleek rock demon??

[ This Message was edited by: rollingstone on 2002-09-11 15:37 ]

russmanswife

Sep 11, 2002, 10:35 PM
Post #46 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

russ and i would like to have a bbq saturday night sometime probably around 6 if everyone is up for it. a pot luck type thing would probably work best we will have hamburgers and hot dogs and every can bring whatever they want to round things out. WARNING! we do have a very active toddler so do be prepared for Hunter. oh and T i think the civil war game is around that time so black and orange nail polish would be more appropriate.

bobbi

rollingstone

Sep 11, 2002, 10:42 PM
Post #47 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bobbi: If you guys really want to do a BBQ, that sounds really good. And little ankle-biters like Hunter should not be too much trouble. The only rule I ever had around my house when my kids were little was that whoever was holding the child when diaper time came got to do the changing...

Is he user-friendly?? He looks like he could do some burly off-widths from his picture!! Or at the very least throw down a brahma bull with little or no effort.

Partner russman

Sep 12, 2002, 1:46 AM
Post #48 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

He is deffinatly user friendly...jsut may take a night and a little bit of the day to get used to a heard of ppl in his backyard

As far as teh BBQ...deffinatly....but as for teh time...I will be more realistic and say...when it gets dark and all are back from the crag....I get off work at 5...so I can drink beer until all show up

Sounds like we want to be self-sufficient. That works...we do have a good Pizza place in town that we can order out maybe friday night when all get here...or maybe Sunday night...and a grocery store close. Plenty of coolers and I can get a few propane stoves too.

I figure if I help supply some stuff that leaves more room for the out-of-towners to bring BEER!!!

krustyklimber

Sep 13, 2002, 6:08 PM
Post #49 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jeff

This is really gettin' good!!!

krustyklimber

Sep 15, 2002, 6:07 PM
Post #50 of 82 (5714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Fleadawg, good idea! We'll be looking for you $10 bucks in the mail!

I plan on handing Bobbi Jo a ten dollar bill when I get there, it looks like there'll be maybe twenty of us... if each of us kicked down a ten spot, it should cover them pretty well!

I have started a roll call here:

Let's use it to keep track of who is going, for how long, and driving what. That way we can have as many of us carpool as possible, and some of us can get some extra climbing in (hint hint).

Does anyone frequent a gym, we should post an invite to more potential members to meet at the crags maybe, huh?

Man I am gettin' STOKED!!!

Jeff

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook