RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

v_nuthin_ace

Jul 9, 2006, 5:09 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1295 views)
Shortcut

More pilgrimages, LESS Consumerism
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I would encourage all newbie slackers to save the $$$ you would spend on a slackline kit (any type), and use that money to get to Yosemite. Bum a ride and pitch in for gas. And just use carabiners and webbing for a while.

I went to Yosemite within 3 weeks of learning to slackline, and it has given me all the perspective and beta I needed.
Yosemite is the birthplace of slackline, and is our sport's mecca for many reasons. It has the Lost Arrow Spire, the burliest highline around, and the Rostrum, and has been a necessary part of the evolution of the greats like Darrin Carter, Dean Potter, Shawn Snyder and Corbin Usinger, and Chongo, etc.

You are still more likely to run into a highliner or slackline bad ass in the Valley, than in any other place on earth.

Go to Yosemite, slack with the climbers and dirtbags, see the state of slackline in its natural environment, not through someone's skewed business perspective.
Observe and build upon what you see there. The money spent will do FAR more for you than any gear. It will give you the ultimate reference point for slacking, and your gear and other options will become clear on their own.

The best slackline money you can spend is to get to Yosemite. :D

The slackline court at Camp 4 is a little harder to find now, it is West of the SAR tents now, instead of between Camp 4 and the road where it was for so many years. It is suposedly the only place allowed to leave slacklines up overnight. Tree protection is a must of course.

w_weezer

Jul 9, 2006, 5:30 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1295 views)
Shortcut

Re: More pilgrimages, LESS SELLING [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook