RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Competition Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

climbing_activist

Jul 13, 2006, 12:51 AM
Post #1 of 4 (3560 views)
Shortcut

Comps in Victoria, BC
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Does anyone know about any climbing/bouldering competions in the Victoria area? Ive seen some signs at Crag X but it doesnt say anything

- Thanks for the help

c-money
Deleted

Jul 13, 2006, 1:45 AM
Post #2 of 4 (3560 views)
Shortcut

Re: Comps in Victoria, BC [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Victoria does not have much of a "competition scene" at all. If you are coming from Vancouver or somewhere else with a serious competitive schedule, you will be sad... The climbing community in Victoria is small and mellow, not really competitive at all.

Crag X often has a summer comp, but it is usually more of a party than a competition.

The Boulders Climbing Gym at Stelly's school out in Saanich may have something going on, but they just had a comp in April (I think) so it may be a little while until they do another.

These are your only two possible options for Victoria climbing comps. You will be able to get far more info if you contact them directly.

climbing_activist

Jul 13, 2006, 2:22 AM
Post #3 of 4 (3560 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks. Thats kind of what I thought, but you never know. Have you been to Stelly's? I've heard stuff about it but never gone. Is it really just a converted gym or what?

c-money
Deleted

Jul 13, 2006, 3:16 AM
Post #4 of 4 (3560 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have been out there. It is not simply a converted gym. They built a custom space for an expansion in addition to their older, small wall.

Their new space opened late in 2005 and is pretty nice. It is smaller and shorter than Crag X (maybe 1/3 the total size or so), but with a greater variety of features/angles. Good for bouldering (they have a cheap bouldering rate), but kind of short for routes.

It is worth checking out. Its a bit of a journey to get out there (about a 45 minute drive from downtown Victoria), which is a major con for me: I can ride my bike to Crag X in less than 10 minutes...

Summer might be a good time to check it out, as they won't be over-run with kids from the school...

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Competition Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook