RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

sungam

Aug 25, 2006, 8:38 PM
Post #1 of 1 (276 views)
Shortcut

Fear
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I stood in the shadow the stone monolith that towered above me. The fear racing through my veins cast an unnamed haze of my eyes. The weight of steel and spectra on my waist evaporated as the dew of cold sweat fell onto my palms. I look up, breath in, and go for it.
I crouch on the jump platform, the fear of death scaring me too much to jump off cleanly. I wait, for what seems like an age, hands holding the rope tight, shaking with fear. through the earie haze, I watch from afar, as I stand up, and jump.
I look down at the murky water below and behind me, the weight of the airtank on my back making it almost strenuous. the fear of what could wait in those shadowy depths behind my back makes my already akward breathing close to hectic. I look at my buddy, close to panic for the startling moment the cold waters would catch me in thier icy grasp. I hold my reg in place, and lean back.
with a twinge of fear I watch my friend dissapier over the edge, then I watch the anchor closely, for any sign of weakness. The shout of "off rap line" echoes up towards my lofty position. I clip into the rope with shaking hands, my fear of heights stronger than ever. I walk towards the edge, the resistants from my plate making me lean worryingly far forward. As I near the edge my pulse increases. I don't want to do this, i think to myself, I'm scared. That's when I spin around, and rap over the edge, into space.
I'm scared, I thought, which is exactly why i did it. I do it because I'm there, because I love the fear, because I know true satisfaction comes not from defeating your enemy, but from defeating yourself.

-Magnus

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook