RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

nicksender

Sep 6, 2006, 12:06 AM
Post #1 of 7 (2208 views)
Shortcut

Dual Film Premiere: First Ascent, Dosage vol. IV
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

World Premiere of First Ascent, Dosage vol. IV and REEL ROCK Film Tour

September 7 at the Boulder Theater. 7 pm.

The 1st Annual REEL ROCK Tour launch is also the premiere of the two biggest climbing movies of the year: First Ascent and Dosage vol. IV. Both films will travel to roughly 60 locations nationwide. Check out the tour schedule, event info and trailers at: www.reelrocktour.com.

The world premiere party at the historic Boulder Theater, hosted by the always-entertaining Timmy O’Neill, will feature gear-giveaways and raise money for The Access Fund.

Windstopper® Products sponsoring the REEL ROCK Film Tour. Additional First Ascent sponsors include Osprey, Petzl, Mont-Bell, La Sportiva, Nikwax, Mountain Gear and Climbing Magazine.

Local event sponsors are La Sportiva, Montbell, Vic’s Coffee House, The Spot Bouldering Gym, The Boulder Rock Club, and Neptune Mountaineering.

Event Location Information:
The Boulder Theater 2032 14th Street Boulder, Colorado 303.998.9422
(www.bouldertheater.com)

Boulder Ticket Outlets:
The Boulder Theater box office 303.786.7030
Montbell 1147 Pearl Street 303.449.5331
The Boulder Rock Club 2829 Mapleton Avenue 303.447.2804
The Spot Boulder Gym 3240 Prarie Avenuue 303.443.0778
Neptune Mountaineering 633 Broadway Avenue 303.499.8866

About the films:

Dosage Vol 4
Big Up's Dosage series is the definitive annual portrait of climbing's state-of-the-art. Volume IV follows the biggest names in sport climbing, trad climbing, and bouldering as they make historic ascents at spectacular locations around the world. Highlights include: Tommy Caldwell's marathon El Capitan linkup, free climbing both The Nose (5.14a) and Freerider (5.12d) in under 24 hours; Chris Sharma's first ascent of Dreamcatcher (5.14d) in Squamish, BC; Dave Graham's first ascent of Coup De Grace (5.15a) in Ticino, Switzerland; Lisa Rands’ first female ascents of scary grit routes in England's Peak District; Sharma and Graham opening a new level of hard bouldering in Hueco Tanks, Texas; and much more.
Director Josh Lowell is a leading creator of climbing films. His company, Big Up Productions (www.bigUPproductions.com), has released seven films, including the top-selling titles in the industry. Lowell has worked extensively with the legendary climber Chris Sharma for years. His Dosage Volume II was the winner of six international film festival awards and was featured in Sports Illustrated and National Public Radio.

First Ascent features today’s top rock climbers as they lay siege to steep faces and soaring alpine walls in pursuit of climbing’s pinnacle achievement – the First Ascent.
The film takes us on a globe-trotting journey from the high Himalayan peaks to “deep water soloing” on the coast of Thailand, and from the sobering heights of the Black Canyon to Timmy “Urban Ape” O’Neill’s monkey business on the buildings of Hollywood – a globe-trotting journey to capture the hopes, fears, and truly radical feats of men and women on climbing’s cutting edge.

A preview segment from First Ascent premiered in January, 2006 at the Barry Corbett Film Festival in Jackson, WY, winning the festival’s Audience Award and its Grand Prize. The segment also won awards at Telluride Mountain Film and the Boulder Adventure Film Festival.

mtngrrl

Sep 8, 2006, 10:42 PM
Post #2 of 7 (2208 views)
Shortcut

Re: Dual Film Premiere: First Ascent, Dosage vol. IV [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Just a comment on last night's premiere of 'Dosage Vol 4' and 'First Ascent '. Inspiring movies (especially Ascent) - Hats (and helmets) off to the producers that left us climbing our in seats and screamin' for more.

Couldn't have thought of a better way to spend that rainy afternoon (no climbing outside). Copious amounts of tap beverages and schwag gear was also very appreciated ~ thanks sponsors.. :D

Personal thank you to Peter M. for bringing back one of my favorite 'Crack Addicts' - Didier Berthod. I hope your knee gets better Didier. Some of us may have joined your learning x-perience there at the Cobra. ~ Lisa Rands, I wish your clip was 'much-much' longer - never get enough of watching your style.

Big thanks also to the incredibly funny Timmy-O. What a hoot in your Green Flash-o'-dy-na-mo' suit. Made my day & nite..! :lol:

Cheers ~ Mtngrrl

mr_krinkle

Sep 8, 2006, 11:28 PM
Post #3 of 7 (2208 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've got my tickets to the Bozeman show (Wed, Sept 27). I can't wait to both of the movies and hopefully I'll get some free gear too.

mtngrrl

Sep 8, 2006, 11:43 PM
Post #4 of 7 (2208 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Schwagg beta -- Get there early for prime seating. If they have any down vests or soft (unwrapped) t-shirt or hat items, they didn't seem to travel far. Bring a rubberband if your into posters.

Boulder was a Sell-Out...Have fun..!!

hibby11

Sep 9, 2006, 12:14 AM
Post #5 of 7 (2208 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm DYING to get my hands on a copy of both of these movies :twisted:

eak435s

Sep 30, 2006, 7:49 PM
Post #6 of 7 (2208 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

does anyone have a release date for dosage IV? i can't make it to any of the tour dates but i neeeed to snag a copy.

eak435s

Sep 30, 2006, 7:50 PM
Post #7 of 7 (2208 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

does anyone have a release date for dosage IV? i can't make it to any of the tour dates but i neeeed to snag a copy.

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook