Shortcut

Re: At the risk of insulting Muslims... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
At the risk of insulting Christians.

Speaking of...

Does anyone recall reading about the riots, violence, and killings when Muslims firebombed Christian Churches?

Yeah, neither did I.

Yet Reno... Yet. The christial soldiers are still in boot camp errrrrrr Kindagarten

http://www.jesuscampthemovie.com/

Click the video link top right for the trailer.

madriver

Sep 20, 2006, 4:41 PM
Post #27 of 42 (1137 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
...what about Shinead O'Connor....can we kill her? That would be O.K right....? I mean the Pope and all...or should we get our President to do it....since he's already killing Muslums in mass?

love
Catholic Jihad

Hey, leave my girl Sinead alone!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

...fAscIST....

madriver

Sep 20, 2006, 5:20 PM
Post #28 of 42 (1137 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

....heh...definetly Madonna....
In reply to:
NBC TV undecided about Madonna mock crucifixion Tue Sep 19, 9:40 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The NBC television network is still making up its mind about whether it will allow pop star Madonna to stage a mock crucifixion on its airwaves as part of her upcoming prime-time concert special.

The 48-year-old entertainer has made the crucifixion stunt, in which she performs while suspended on a giant cross wearing a crown of thorns, a centerpiece of her global "Confessions" tour.

Her stage act drew storms of protest from the Roman Catholic Church and Russian Orthodox Church during recent performances in Rome and Moscow, with church leaders condemning the mock crucifixion as blasphemy.

But executives at NBC, owned by the General Electric Co. will wait for makers of her concert special to submit the production for review before deciding whether to allow the mock crucifixion to air.

"We're awaiting the delivery of it, and once we've seen it in its entirety, we'll make a decision," an NBC spokeswoman told Reuters on Thursday. The program is slated to air in November, but no specific date has been set.

Madonna's manager, Guy Oseary, had no comment on the issue, according to an assistant in his office.

In July, when the network first unveiled plans for the Madonna concert special, NBC Entertainment President Kevin Reilly gave mixed signals about how much artistic freedom Madonna would be given. The mock crucifixion was known then to be a central part of her stage act.

"She's not revising her act," he told a gathering of TV critics at the time. "We've discussed what content will be in and what is out, and we've come to a healthy place that represents her show but is appropriate for television."

He later added: "She's going to do her show, and we'll decide which numbers are in the special and which are not. And that's whole numbers. We're not going to make piece-meal edits."

....were making a list....

Love

Catholic Jihad

Partner blonde_loves_bolts

Sep 20, 2006, 6:27 PM
Post #29 of 42 (1137 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
...what about Shinead O'Connor....can we kill her? That would be O.K right....? I mean the Pope and all...or should we get our President to do it....since he's already killing Muslums in mass?

love
Catholic Jihad

Hey, leave my girl Sinead alone!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

...fAscIST....

FIGHT THE REAL ENEMY!!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/...nguppopespicture.jpg

slablizard

Sep 20, 2006, 7:17 PM
Post #30 of 42 (1137 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

so are you more worried about Madonna or the jesus camp?

Now that's scary to me. I just don't trust people brainwashing kids...weird uh?

reno

Sep 20, 2006, 7:53 PM
Post #31 of 42 (1137 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Now that's scary to me. I just don't trust people brainwashing kids...

What's the difference between parenting and "brainwashing kids"?

Both involve teaching a certain set of values, beliefs, and mindset.

zozo

Sep 20, 2006, 8:28 PM
Post #32 of 42 (1137 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

HAHA

So HAMAS has good parenting skills then!!

Or is that it's parenting if your christian and brainwashing if your muslim?

reno

Sep 20, 2006, 8:59 PM
Post #33 of 42 (1137 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Or is that it's parenting if your christian and brainwashing if your muslim?

Who said that? Way I read it, it's brainwashing if you're Christian and parenting if you're not.

;)

slablizard

Sep 20, 2006, 9:00 PM
Post #34 of 42 (1137 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

well I asked myself the same question while reading the reviews of the movie.
As a parent (I have 2 kids, age 7 and 9) I teach them what I believe are universal values:
Love for each other, respect for their parents and teachers at school, respect for the law, the country, politeness and honesty.
I don't think is necessary to teach beliefs. I do not believe in god and they know it,my daughter asks me if I believe in Jesus, that is so popular in this country that many people even has him as a co-pilot, ( as an Italian-American I still find the religious display here really funny)
I answer hat yes I believe a man named Jesus existed, but I do not believe many of the stories about him.
Same goes for mindset. That should be a personal view of the world, that having down the basic values as above "should" be aimed in the right direction.
Teaching all 3 of them to me corresponds to brainwashing.
Teaching them to think by themselves is a good way to avoid it.

blondgecko

Sep 20, 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #35 of 42 (1137 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Exactly. I see it falls to you to be the voice of sanity once again Rasto.

All men are violent. All men are dogmatic. Not just Christians. Not just Mulsims. Not just those who follow religion. I doubt that the solution to hate could be to hate back.

Well said!

ETA: However, some world views provide many more excuses than others...

lagr01

Sep 21, 2006, 1:49 AM
Post #36 of 42 (1137 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

All men are violent. All men are dogmatic. Not just Christians. Not just Mulsims. Not just those who follow religion. I doubt that the solution to hate could be to hate back.

Well said!

I suppose you're talking about world views like this one:

In reply to:
"Hatred as an element of struggle; unbending hatred for the enemy, which pushes a human being beyond his natural limitations, making him into an effective, violent, selective, and cold-blooded killing machine. Our soldiers must be thus; as people without hatred cannot vanquish a brutal enemy"

And, no, it wasn't Hitler, Mussolini, or Bin Laden who said that, it was Ernesto el Che "the blood-thirsty pig" Guevara.

blondgecko

Sep 21, 2006, 4:45 AM
Post #37 of 42 (1137 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Well said!

I suppose you're talking about world views like this one:

In reply to:
"Hatred as an element of struggle; unbending hatred for the enemy, which pushes a human being beyond his natural limitations, making him into an effective, violent, selective, and cold-blooded killing machine. Our soldiers must be thus; as people without hatred cannot vanquish a brutal enemy"

And, no, it wasn't Hitler, Mussolini, or Bin Laden who said that, it was Ernesto el Che "the blood-thirsty pig" Guevara.

Yep. That, amongst others.

timd

Sep 21, 2006, 6:55 AM
Post #38 of 42 (1137 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

More people have been killed over religion than any other reason. So let's boycot organized religion and save lives!

Partner tradman

Sep 21, 2006, 9:47 AM
Post #39 of 42 (1137 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
More people have been killed over religion than any other reason.

I'll apologise in advance to tristan for having to bring this up again, but I think it's worth repeating in light of this old lie being trotted out yet again:

Four out of the top five mass murderers of all time were atheists. That's Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot, together repsonsible for over 100 million deaths.

But I imagine most people would think that it would be just as unfair and illogical to blame all atheists for their crimes as it is to blame all christians, muslims, bhuddists or jews for crimes committed by religious people.

robbovius

Sep 21, 2006, 11:22 AM
Post #40 of 42 (1137 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
More people have been killed over religion than any other reason.

I'll apologise in advance to tristan for having to bring this up again, but I think it's worth repeating in light of this old lie being trotted out yet again:

Four out of the top five mass murderers of all time were atheists. That's Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot, together repsonsible for over 100 million deaths.

But I imagine most people would think that it would be just as unfair and illogical to blame all atheists for their crimes as it is to blame all christians, muslims, bhuddists or jews for crimes committed by religious people.

Point well taken. the problem usually isn't the philosophy or doctrine, rather ( and sonewhat reiterating your previous point) the problem is always PEOPLE.

It interesting to note, I think, that the three factions most involved in the current spate of socio-religious conflict in the world, are of the three major monotheistic traditions, which all either grew out of, or begat each other.

Christianithy was borne of Judaism, and unless I am mistaken, Muhammed took many tenets of the early christian tradition into his solitude where he had the epiphany which resulted in the quran.

sometimes, all the hatred and vilence between these three philosophies it seems to me like siblings infighting over a weathly parent's inheritance.

curt

Sep 21, 2006, 3:11 PM
Post #41 of 42 (1137 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
...Point well taken. the problem usually isn't the philosophy or doctrine, rather ( and somewhat reiterating your previous point) the problem is always PEOPLE...

The common requirement for each of these evil leaders to commit their atrocities--was the willingness of the people to follow them blindly, and without question. Mao, Stalin, Hitler, etc did not use religion as a tool to get their people to follow them blindly, but religion can be (and often has been) a very effective tool to that end.

Curt

blondgecko

Sep 21, 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #42 of 42 (1137 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
...Point well taken. the problem usually isn't the philosophy or doctrine, rather ( and somewhat reiterating your previous point) the problem is always PEOPLE...

The common requirement for each of these evil leaders to commit their atrocities--was the willingness of the people to follow them blindly, and without question. Mao, Stalin, Hitler, etc did not use religion as a tool to get their people to follow them blindly, but religion can be (and often has been) a very effective tool to that end.

Curt

Exactly. I think a very strong argument can be made that the mindset of these people and the mindset of fundamentalists of any religion.

It's not so much what people are thinking that's the problem, it's how they're thinking.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook