RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

kubi

Oct 27, 2006, 8:46 PM
Post #1 of 2 (825 views)
Shortcut

firewood at the New River Gorge  ()
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm heading down to the New in a bit, does anyone know a place to get firewood on the way to the New from Pittsburgh? I'm camping at Chestnut Creek and I've always made it down there quick enough to buy firewood there, but I'm worried that being so late in the season the dude will have closed the office earlier then usual.

Thanks.

banjobob

Oct 30, 2006, 6:07 PM
Post #2 of 2 (825 views)
Shortcut

Re: firewood at the New River Gorge [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Kubi,
There are options for firewood on route 16 in Fayetteville. there is a sign by the road. it is near the Sedona Grill Restaurant. if you find firewood elsewhere make sure that it is from within Fayette county, west virginia. there is a quarantine on firewood from outside the county and state, due to the Hemlock Woolly Adelgid and Emerald Ash Borer as well as the Gypsy Moth. PA is a quarantined state so no firewood is allowed in from PA or other states. These insects attack and destroy the trees and are often brought in by way of firewood. thanks for asking about firewood options. The Gorge Park Service as well the West Virginia Department of Agriculture are currently fighting these insects in order to preserve the trees in and out of the Park.
Thanks again and have a great stay at the Gorge.
Banjo Bob
:D

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook