Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

granite_grrl

Nov 14, 2006, 12:00 AM
Post #1 of 34 (2235 views)
Shortcut

photo bombing
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was perusing my photos and saw that you can now see who voted what for your photo.

Wow, so I can now see who photo bombed my photos and go photo bomb their photos....is that how its supossed to work?

ddt

Nov 14, 2006, 12:17 AM
Post #2 of 34 (2220 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] photo bombing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Shhhh... don't tell 'em Wink

kachoong

Nov 14, 2006, 12:26 AM
Post #3 of 34 (2216 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ddt] photo bombing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wasn't the consensus from the old website that it was best to leave that feature as it was? ie. not a feature. Isn't trophies and turds enough to imprint on those that impress or annoy?

winglessangel

Nov 14, 2006, 1:23 AM
Post #4 of 34 (2192 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I was perusing my photos and saw that you can now see who voted what for your photo.

Wow, so I can now see who photo bombed my photos and go photo bomb their photos....is that how its supossed to work?

yeah, and I just saw that YOU are the one who voted low for my profile pic. it is a PROFILE pic, c'mon PROFILE!!!!!
am I that ugly? or you just want to be the only girl in the forum?

I think they should remove that and avoid post and comments like mine to you...Wink

granite_grrl

Nov 14, 2006, 6:24 PM
Post #5 of 34 (2160 views)
Shortcut

Re: [winglessangel] photo bombing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

yeah, and I just saw that YOU are the one who voted low for my profile pic. it is a PROFILE pic, c'mon PROFILE!!!!!
am I that ugly? or you just want to be the only girl in the forum?

I think they should remove that and avoid post and comments like mine to you...Wink

So I did! Sorry, but in my defense if I had noticed it was a profile pic I wouldn't have voted on it at all.

Speaking of which, I've never allowed voting on any of my profile pics (for obvious reasons). Why was that thrown out the window?

Partner j_ung

Nov 14, 2006, 7:44 PM
Post #6 of 34 (2138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Rebecca, they threw everything out so that the site can start fresh. What you're using now is a foundation on which the new RC.com will be built. It is most definitely not the final draft, so to speak. This is the main point I've been trying to make since it went live yesterday and some people, including you, exploded in fury. It also a point that has been made by the owners on several occasions leading up to this, but some people, including you, either never saw it, forgot it or chose not to pay attention to it in favor of the prevailing theory, that this is all the result of either malicious intent or ineptitude.

Well, it isn't. And, yet again, I urge you to give these guys a chance to do what they said were going to do before you condemn them. It wasn't so long ago that the users of RC.com came together to show their support for you, including several people who work for the site. Could you not see fit show them some of the same graciousness when they're down?

Partner wideguy

Nov 14, 2006, 10:50 PM
Post #7 of 34 (2113 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] photo bombing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Jay,
I agree with most of your post in sentiment, but it seems a little misplaced in reference to Rebecca's pretty legitimate question. She didn't seem overly bitchy about her question.

atpeaceinbozeman

Nov 14, 2006, 11:20 PM
Post #8 of 34 (2103 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

also if you look at someone's photo, there are icons next to their username.

One of the icons allows you to see how they voted for every picture...pretty cool.

thomasribiere

Nov 19, 2006, 3:21 PM
Post #9 of 34 (2073 views)
Shortcut

Re: [atpeaceinbozeman] photo bombing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My ratings, ie the ratings I gave, are ordered by chronological order, from the newest to the oldest.

My comments : how are they ordered? I can't figure that out.

Partner the_mitt

Nov 19, 2006, 4:03 PM
Post #10 of 34 (2067 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Deleted, as we have been told to keep this topic on track.

Mitt

(This post was edited by the_mitt on Nov 19, 2006, 9:13 PM)

dharmatreez

Nov 19, 2006, 5:56 PM
Post #11 of 34 (2059 views)
Shortcut

Re: [the_mitt] photo bombing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

isn't this just another way for the forum users to bag on each other....i am sure there will be legit votes and great constructive crit, but it is another weapon correct.

i am here to contribute beta and read the occasional thread when it sounds interesting, but so many times a simple and legit question turns into a battle of opinion and hazed wit, this just allows those who drooled every morning before pulling up the "worst photos" thread...and yes i quite enjoyed that thread also before embedding was canned...to further their poo flinging

like most things of opinion there will be several views on it and all correct to those who have them, so let people vote 1 star on a great photo, or a bad photo that they don't have the context of, who cares...i upload photos just for memories for when i am cruising around the database, not to win a prize for aesthetics and composition, i'll paint canvas for that (even though we usually have a NIKON D200 with us)

now that my flame suit is properly on and the addition of retardent jelly, i will say this...

falling and almost dying is not a free pass to not have your opinion questioned, i mean WTF, maybe in the land of bobbleheads and cheese-eating surrender monkeys, but we have free speech, and yes that means you can say whatever you want, but it ALSO allows anyone esle to say WHATEVER they want about what YOU SAID

i can't stand when someone of importance (or not) says something, gets questioned or called out, and they pull the FREE SPEECH card or "this happened to me, SO shut up" card

this is not bagging on granite girl (please don't think i am saying you pulled the card, or am i making light of your situation....speedy recovery to you and safe climbing forward)

SPEAK LOUDLY j_ung, and I'll carry the big stick for you

although with .1 posts a day here, i really miss the Dancers

thomasribiere

Nov 19, 2006, 6:23 PM
Post #12 of 34 (2053 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dharmatreez] photo bombing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

could we keep this thread focused on photos and not on personal considerations, please?

curt

Nov 19, 2006, 6:55 PM
Post #13 of 34 (2050 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

I hope so. I never understood why people were allowed to photobomb anonymously.

Curt

dharmatreez

Nov 19, 2006, 7:50 PM
Post #14 of 34 (2045 views)
Shortcut

Re: [thomasribiere] photo bombing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

...sure

just explain how this is NOT a PHOTO FOCUSED thread about people CONSIDERING the quality of someone's else photos...(good or bad)

and then you can squash our free speech

until then...

i don't see your point, the OP is talking about how others are/will be CONSIDERING our PHOTOS on a PERSONAL basis...

maybe you should start a thread talking about just the photo voting, its mechanics, and any help to others...that would be in line with want you want i believe

thomasribiere

Nov 19, 2006, 8:39 PM
Post #15 of 34 (2037 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

^ uh? There's a difference of tone between the OP and yours or j_ung's, or the_mitt's... I don't want to "squash your free speech". It might just be used for a better purpose.

To get back to the Photo Bombings, is it possible to disable votes or comments? I didnd't pay attention to that.

(This post was edited by thomasribiere on Nov 19, 2006, 9:06 PM)

Partner the_mitt

Nov 19, 2006, 9:12 PM
Post #16 of 34 (2032 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry sir will delete the offending post forthwith.

Mitt

thomasribiere

Nov 19, 2006, 10:26 PM
Post #17 of 34 (2020 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wow! Aren't we all a bit nervous these days? You HAD NOT to delete your post. My last two posts were just meaning that no more off topic or inflammatory posts should be added. In no manner I desired to force you in anything, honestly. Anyway, I can only thank you for what you just did.Crazy

Partner the_mitt

Nov 19, 2006, 10:53 PM
Post #18 of 34 (2015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well no one seams to know where the line is, and I'm not used to a mod coming into a thread and dictating the direction of it so. Its gone like you wanted, just trying to conform seeing how it fits. Who knows maybe I will be a good little RC.comer and pull in the same direction. Would you like me to go back and delete any other posts?

Mitt

thomasribiere

Nov 19, 2006, 11:03 PM
Post #19 of 34 (2013 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Now I can see you are sarcastic and I like that! Smile
No, of course don't! I don't want to direct you, I'm not a preacher, you are not a lost sheep!

dharmatreez

Nov 19, 2006, 11:45 PM
Post #20 of 34 (2006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

oh, now its a TONE thing, sorry maybe i should have used the word BOMBING like the OP, now that doesn't sound mean or threatening does it (and i know she meant it only in fun)

lighten up mod monkey, i was just making the point that j_ung, mitt's opinion should not be disregarded so easily on the basis of granite girl almost dying when she fell and therefore making her teflon for some reason

as to my tone...please... it intrigues me what was your opinion of difference between the two, SPECIFICALLY, being somewhat of a sophist, i would like to hear your opinion so i can critique my discourse

but all of that stupid 'ish aside, WHO THE F@#K are you to ascertain what purposes my free speech would best be used for.... ahhh..... how is that free speech

and don't try to hijack this thread for your usage now, start a new thread talking about photo voting and commenting, (didn't i suggest that already) maybe you need a start...

here's a title

"Photo Voting and Commenting"

there you are, now go along and have fun with the other reindeers

Partner j_ung

Nov 20, 2006, 1:34 AM
Post #21 of 34 (1992 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
i was just making the point that j_ung, mitt's opinion should not be disregarded so easily on the basis of granite girl almost dying when she fell and therefore making her teflon for some reason

I agree completely, hence my apology to Rebecca and her husband in another thread:

"I think I'll also take this moment to apologize for harping on those who I still think are taking this too seriously. I'd really like to see them not insult my friends, but their concerns are certainly legit. Chossmonkey, granite_grrrl, I especially owe you two apologies. I'll hope you'll take them at face value and forgive me. "

There i was blaming people for a lack of perspective, when I was guilty of the exact same thing. No more, though. I'm over it and I hope you are too. Smile

(This post was edited by j_ung on Nov 20, 2006, 1:35 AM)

dharmatreez

Nov 20, 2006, 3:02 AM
Post #22 of 34 (1977 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

right, j_ung

and don't anyone mistake that i was agreeing with what either side said, just merely saying each side has an opinion, not one more than the other

just didn't think it was a fair point to unvalidate someone's opinion by using such a tragic accident as a shield, WHEN the topic had nothing to do with the accident

i'm sure with enough rock, chalk, and blood all climbers end up good buddies in the end, right?

i'm back to the database and beta world

beam me up

Partner cracklover

Nov 20, 2006, 4:04 AM
Post #23 of 34 (1968 views)
Shortcut

Re: [atpeaceinbozeman] photo bombing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

One of the icons allows you to see how they voted for every picture...pretty cool.

I don't understand. You mean if I go to your profile, there is a way i can see all the photos you have voted on, and what rating you gave each of them?

GO

sbaclimber

Nov 20, 2006, 4:08 AM
Post #24 of 34 (1965 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] photo bombing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

I don't understand. You mean if I go to your profile, there is a way i can see all the photos you have voted on, and what rating you gave each of them?

GO
Sure looks like it to me.........(see attached)

(This post was edited by sbaclimber on Nov 20, 2006, 4:09 AM)
Attachments: ratings.JPG (162 KB)

Partner coldclimb

Nov 20, 2006, 4:13 AM
Post #25 of 34 (1961 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sbaclimber] photo bombing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Also, if you go to one of your own photos (or anyone's for that matter), and click the "rating" text in the upper left, you can immediately see who voted what on that photo.

I'm afraid I must ask:

Does anybody ELSE remember the Q-ratings????

(This post was edited by coldclimb on Nov 20, 2006, 4:14 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook