First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

jakedatc

Dec 4, 2006, 12:49 PM
Post #1 of 36 (1028 views)
Shortcut

Snowy Monday Morning Coffee
Report this Post
Can't Post

oh yea... LOVE waking up to pouring rain with the promise of snow later for the commute home

All the usual beverages and tasty treats are put out so have at it.. chad.. chad chad!.. you can have ALL the IV bags.. no.. T will want at least one

/yoinks some bacon mmm

bmelanson

Dec 4, 2006, 12:54 PM
Post #2 of 36 (1026 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Snowy Monday Morning Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry jake, I'm one of the lucky ones that get to guzzel down my coffee and enjoy some early morning flurries.

jakedatc

Dec 4, 2006, 1:00 PM
Post #3 of 36 (1025 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bmelanson] Snowy Monday Morning Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yea.. i'd be psyched if i was somewhere with skiing.. but i'm not so booooo ;)

Partner wideguy

Dec 4, 2006, 1:16 PM
Post #4 of 36 (1023 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Snow hear since 6:00 AM or so. Heavy wet stuff, too. Not gonna last long though. Supposed to be over by noon and then be lose to 40°.

I'm taking a sick day today, feeling a bit under the weather. I may even take a nap so no coffee for me right now.

Nice to see snow, though. Hopefully the ski areas will hang on to some of this, or at least that it's a sign of things to come. They have been dying so far this year.

(This post was edited by wideguy on Dec 4, 2006, 1:16 PM)

nevenneve

Dec 4, 2006, 1:59 PM
Post #5 of 36 (1015 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wideguy] Snowy Monday Morning Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Don't normally join in the coffee but I'll take a cup this morning. We have half an inch of snow and it's just starting to come down. Everyone is welcome to a donut. They're a little frozen though. My car did'nt seem to want to start when I left the bakery so they endured the three mile hike home with me. Eat up I'm back to the storm in hopes of getting it started before it gets towed.

Partner epoch

Dec 4, 2006, 2:47 PM
Post #6 of 36 (1007 views)
Shortcut

Re: [nevenneve] Snowy Monday Morning Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snowmotherfuckers!!!!

Yippie. Today, rather this week, is going to be a heavy coffee day(s). I am coming to terms that I have an outrageously busy schedule and am almost a the brink of exhaustion. Caffeene is the thing that is keeping me going. Sad, but true. Good thing is that my coffee at the desk is fresh (not with a three Z snap either).

Back to the snow. If one thing could have made my day better it was the snow coming down. That is a welcome sight to me, and as always cheers me up.

Now back to your regularily scheduled monday...

arrettinator

Dec 4, 2006, 2:47 PM
Post #7 of 36 (1007 views)
Shortcut

Re: [nevenneve] Snowy Monday Morning Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning yinz.
No snow right now, but it's on it's way. Friggin cold.
Have a good one.

fenix83

Dec 4, 2006, 3:09 PM
Post #8 of 36 (1001 views)
Shortcut

Re: [arrettinator] Snowy Monday Morning Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Buenos días gente!

Sunny bannanaland means no snow for me...ever. We do have snowy-whit sands, does that count?

Two more weeks to go before we get a break from work, yay!

Might be going to a summit in Japan early next year, real excited about that!

I'll add my usual gallo pinto, natilla and queso fresco to the mix.

-F

Partner macherry

Dec 4, 2006, 3:23 PM
Post #9 of 36 (996 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fenix83] Snowy Monday Morning Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

morning all. Fresh snow on the ground here!!!

i'll pass on the coffee iv,,,,,,,but remember to save one for climb4fun. I think it's exam time and she probably could use it!!!!!

clausti

Dec 4, 2006, 3:38 PM
Post #10 of 36 (990 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Snowy Monday Morning Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:

i'll pass on the coffee iv,,,,,,,but remember to save one for climb4fun. I think it's exam time and she probably could use it!!!!!

it *is* exam time. alive=sleepdeprived for the next two weeks, so pray for all our poor brains.

so... can i have coffee IV, too???

Partner macherry

Dec 4, 2006, 3:43 PM
Post #11 of 36 (987 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clausti] Snowy Monday Morning Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:
macherry wrote:

it *is* exam time. alive=sleepdeprived for the next two weeks, so pray for all our poor brains.

so... can i have coffee IV, too???

yup, iv's all yours. man, it's been years since i was at uni, but i still have the odd dream flashback where i'm going into the exam unprepared, like i hadn't attended classes.........shudder!!!

nikegirl

Dec 4, 2006, 3:47 PM
Post #12 of 36 (986 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

YANKS TWO Crazy

It's been lovely here for a couple of days. Cold
but now....
rain....days on end...so'z it seems.

We'll be putting in our holiday displays for the salon windows this morning.
Hit the walls at the gym.

kill me now...
8's are doing me in.
I'm getting my strength back. But it's very humbling to feel this out of shape. I'm determined. Robert and I are keeping eachother in check.

off to take the kiddo to school.
:)

set me up with a tray of jo and bacon BURNT...
back soon :)

~T

kachoong

Dec 4, 2006, 3:59 PM
Post #13 of 36 (980 views)
Shortcut

Re: [nikegirl] Snowy Monday Morning Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

UnsureCrazyWhelppp.... two 10 page reports, two exams and a heaps of water samples to process in 10 days.... then I can pass out.... voluntarily.

Morning all.... not sure about the good part. It's certainly cold, even here.

Bacon pleeeease!

maww

Dec 4, 2006, 4:36 PM
Post #14 of 36 (966 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] Snowy Monday Morning Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Good morning.

No snow here..thank the heavens. They don't clear the roads in Denver very well so if we get an inch, driving is crap for days. Unsure But the mtns are going to get a bit so cheers to that!

No coffee necessary, I slept well and haven't been bombarded with projects just yet. I'm impatiently awaiting the moment the crap will hit the fan tho.

A cup of cocoa would be lovely! Good luck on exams Clausti, Kachoong (and anyone else I missed) and feel better Chad.

(This post was edited by maww on Dec 4, 2006, 4:36 PM)

dynoingfool

Dec 4, 2006, 4:36 PM
Post #15 of 36 (965 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] Snowy Monday Morning Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

one...lousy....half-inch of snow here...sigh...pass the coffee, thanks. gotta be ready for the powerpoint i gotta give soon....later, all.

Partner tattooed_climber

Dec 4, 2006, 4:49 PM
Post #16 of 36 (960 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dynoingfool] Snowy Monday Morning Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

morning yall...i'm playing hooking from my old shop now (just recently now p\t) to go talk to my soon to be new boss....whatever, my old foreman doesn't care...ted's good with that....me in school and alll, he doesn't mind helping me out a bit

yup....in about a week, i'll truelly become a machinist (if ya don't count the 8 month machinist ELTT course)

this shop does steel fab too, so i can keep my titles of steel fab and welderLaugh

and i can get an apprenticeship with this shop if the time comes....

man, things are back to doing well.....gots me a date tomorrow night.....course, the real challenge is to how to show up not looking like a bum (i start working 5am at Continental Steel [old f\t job not p\t] welding and getting dirty then by noon be at the BCIT machine shop doing home projects, then go right from there to date....clean and looking good..not smelling like coolant (ie piss) or flux or wicked welding fumes...

coffee plzzzzz!!!!!Tongue

(This post was edited by tattooed_climber on Dec 4, 2006, 4:53 PM)

zip_ty

Dec 4, 2006, 5:09 PM
Post #17 of 36 (950 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tattooed_climber] Snowy Monday Morning Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
man, things are back to doing well.....gots me a date tomorrow night.....course, the real challenge is to how to show up not looking like a bum (i start working 5am at Continental Steel [old f\t job not p\t] welding and getting dirty then by noon be at the BCIT machine shop doing home projects, then go right from there to date....clean and looking good..not smelling like coolant (ie piss) or flux or wicked welding fumes...

Keep a packet of baby wipes in your car. You might feel a bit stupid but they clean up really well and aren't bad at covering up smells.

Yuck it's Monday again. I'd like a cup of your strongest please!

hangerlessbolt

Dec 4, 2006, 5:12 PM
Post #18 of 36 (945 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Top of the morning, folks

A bit chilly here...thermostat reads 36

Finally coming around to feeling 'normal' again. had a going away party for a friend Saturday night...lots of drinking...lots of dancing...lots more drinking...

Strolled into the house 'round 4-ish....spent most of the day licking my wounds (ie. trying to keep food down and rehydrate)...

As the misses reported, we'll be down at the salon this morning, putting up more decorations. As well, I have my typical duties that need to be taken care of. (Crunching the numbers from last week, doing deposits, looking at inventory levels, etc...and taking care of some maintenance issues.)

I have to say that I could not be happier with our current work loads. Much much better than when I was working a full time (50-60 hrs) job and trying to take care of the salon. It's all about the journey and this is exciting.

Be well and have a good day

-RB

Partner tattooed_climber

Dec 4, 2006, 5:16 PM
Post #19 of 36 (940 views)
Shortcut

Adult Content
This post contains nudity or adult content. To protect the innocent we require that you register and turn off your Adult Content Filter to read it.
Attachments:  

nikegirl

Dec 4, 2006, 5:29 PM
Post #20 of 36 (932 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Brilliant! clean for a date. Good.
Chemical smells, ew...
but if she's a climber??
She SHOULD like the slight body odor of a mayun.

or sumfin...sorry
I love the smell of Hangers...bo.
sick me...

blushing...and laughing
hitting......POST REPLY

::)))!!!!!

bizarrodrinker

Dec 4, 2006, 5:49 PM
Post #21 of 36 (927 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clausti] Snowy Monday Morning Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ah yes, the time when 2/3 of the students realize that campus has a library.

Its 1 pm and I need caffiene!

pjdf

Dec 4, 2006, 5:52 PM
Post #22 of 36 (923 views)
Shortcut

Re: [maww] Snowy Monday Morning Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

No coffee necessary here in Santa Fe; the cold outside took care of waking me up. maww, I hear you about poor road clearing. After a few years in Boston, the roads after 3" of snow in Santa Fe seemed ridiculous. The only time Boston was worse was after the 3' snowstorm a couple of years ago.

Best of luck on exams and papers to all those taking them; for the first time in many years, I'm not among that crew. Cool Remember to relax as much as possible and that being well rested is often the best preparation for an exam.

Partner taino

Dec 4, 2006, 5:59 PM
Post #23 of 36 (919 views)
Shortcut

Re: Snowy Monday Morning Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

WANT SNOW! WANT ICE!

There was a brief teaser - about 5 minutes worth of flurries - this morning, and it's been sunny every since. *sigh*

Gotta hang the christmas lights on the house, by headlamp, this week. Ought to be fun; using an old rope and my gri-gri to keep from getting killed.

The office Christmas party was last night, at the company president's house; he lives in an "exclusive" community in South Norwalk. You walk into this ostentatious edifice, and are greeting with about 20+ dead animal heads - including an elk, three black bears (one of which is probably a cub), and all manner of African antelope and deer; in neighboring rooms are a bobcat, a cougar, another black bear, and pictures of him with a lion, a frikken Cape Buffalo, and several other carcasses. Yes, he took them all down - and with a crossbow, apparently - but I'm going to guess that a guy who pulls down a couple million per year doesn't eat what he kills. Bejeezuz. I was reminded of Ace Ventura... "why, yes - this is a lovely room of death! Okay then, bye-bye now."

*sigh*

Time for lunch. Back to the grind.

T

the_climber

Dec 4, 2006, 6:11 PM
Post #24 of 36 (908 views)
Shortcut

Re: [taino] Snowy Monday Morning Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Morrnin all!

Monday work... Booo!

Can't wait to get off. I get my early X-mass Pressent today. Yippie! It's a Harrison! I'll post pics on my blog in a couple days and you'll know what a Harrison is then. Can't wait!

Anywho, Forget the cup of coffee and just give me the pot... oh, and some Advil... Long approaches into the climbs this weekend + being dehydrated before the weekend = sore afterwards. This desk job doen't do anything wonderfull on the stifff and sore side of things. The good thing is I had the funnest lead I've done so far this ice season on Saturday! It was one of those StellarFuckinDays!

hangerlessbolt

Dec 4, 2006, 6:11 PM
Post #25 of 36 (907 views)
Shortcut

Re: [taino] Snowy Monday Morning Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

taino wrote:
I was reminded of Ace Ventura... "why, yes - this is a lovely room of death! Okay then, bye-bye now."

I was thinking the EXACT same thing...I can only imagine your expression

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook