RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

jermeng

Dec 12, 2006, 7:20 AM
Post #1 of 2 (91 views)
Shortcut

Red Rocks 16th & 17th Decmber
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey fellow climbers,

I've got a group site at Red Rocks for next weekend, the nights of the 15th & 16th. My intention is to climb some multi-pitch something w/ my partner and kick back with some beer and campfood (perhaps we'll give-in and head to a buffet). Anyway, there's room at the site for more people. Let me know if you're interested. Idealy, you should come with a partner, as of right now, everyone that's coming has someone to climb with. Also, depending on the interest, I may have to enforce carpooling, as we've got a limited # of parking spots.

Right now, it's a 70% chance of good weather!
PM me if you're interested.

Jeremy

lextalion

Dec 15, 2006, 4:29 AM
Post #2 of 2 (66 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jermeng] Red Rocks 16th & 17th Decmber [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Sorry to break the news to ya, but the weather forecast for this next weekend is stating that we're going to have unsettled weather this weekend.

What that means is, cooler weather with a chance of rain & or snow in the higher elevations and a guarentee of high wind gusts. Sorta the same as last weekend. However I was still able to get out and climb out in Calico Basin. But the Canyons, well forget it. Things were wet and slick with snow up higher.

So it might be suggested to make a plan "B", as most of the classic muli-pitch routes will be out if the weather does what it did last weekend up in the canyons.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook