Forums: International: Euro Freaks:
Eurofreaks blah blah thread
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Euro Freaks

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 99 Next page Last page  View All

Partner tisar

Dec 12, 2006, 10:22 AM
Post #976 of 2461 (9498 views)
Shortcut

Re: [uasunflower] Monday Morning Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

uasunflower wrote:
btw let's congratulate our new area managers - petje, booger, paolo and myself AngelicSmile

Congrats! I might follow you soon. Still plan on going for the Germany management. I just fear the workload right now... Pretty busy lately due to climbing, dancing, ... And somehow I feel guilty planning to do it at work.

- Daniel

chrtur

Dec 12, 2006, 10:28 AM
Post #977 of 2461 (9490 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tisar] Monday Morning Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wink

The temperatures are dropping now since a few days! Hopefully some ice wil form.

Heiko? Do you have axes? When should we go and remember it will be cold....

- Christian

overlord

Dec 12, 2006, 10:30 AM
Post #978 of 2461 (9490 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

congrats on the new rdb manager... well, im kinda new too... not i also got croatia to worry aboutCool

uasunflower

Dec 12, 2006, 10:55 AM
Post #979 of 2461 (9485 views)
Shortcut

Re: [overlord] Monday Morning Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

congrats, rasto, but you are just a virtual, i was speaking about real people there Wink!

Partner tisar

Dec 12, 2006, 11:11 AM
Post #980 of 2461 (9482 views)
Shortcut

Re: [uasunflower] Monday Morning Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So... to all those new rdb managers out there:

Is it worth it? How does it feel? Did the fame alter your character?Cool

- Daniel

uasunflower

Dec 12, 2006, 12:44 PM
Post #981 of 2461 (9477 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

totally! now i have a reason to collect switzerland guidebooks from my friends Cool

jobwise - i guess you do as much as you have time for, i'd like to at least write a general description and sort things out at the region level...

and - you have access to a hidden 'Area Managers forum'!!!!

Partner heiko

Dec 12, 2006, 3:18 PM
Post #982 of 2461 (9466 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chrtur] Monday Morning Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chrtur wrote:
Wink

The temperatures are dropping now since a few days! Hopefully some ice wil form.

Heiko? Do you have axes? When should we go and remember it will be cold....

- Christian

Yeah, I bought them used end of last season, they're however unused by me so far... Crazy

Won't be able to make it before the new year tho, I'm constantly travelling for work at the moment. Unsure

Would love to get startet tho!!! Only have Grivel G12's and no cash to buy anything right now, which means no steep water ice for me.

chrtur

Dec 12, 2006, 3:23 PM
Post #983 of 2461 (9465 views)
Shortcut

Re: [heiko] Monday Morning Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am quite busy now also and there is not much ice at the moment. It has been to hot all the time.

But I have two pairs for steep ice-climbing Tongue

- C

bellaitalia

Dec 13, 2006, 7:17 AM
Post #984 of 2461 (9450 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chrtur] Monday Morning Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chrtur wrote:
I am quite busy now also and there is not much ice at the moment. It has been to hot all the time.

But I have two pairs for steep ice-climbing Tongue

- C

As soon as there's ice, I'm up for going....that is, as long as you're willing to put up with a relative ice noob.

In two weeks I'll be ice climbing with my ice rope gun, (i.e. little sister) !!! Smile

Partner booger

Dec 14, 2006, 10:22 AM
Post #985 of 2461 (9417 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, not really... no climbing for at least a month for me. TOTALLY SUCKS. Anyway, I'll go to Fonti and see... who knows. It seems the casing around my bone is inflamed, limiting mobility and causing all the pain. On the upside, I'm on some pretty serious drugs...CrazyAngelicCool

Thanks UA, I'll check that out. I had Paolo post on the "fuorivia" (new planetmountain) forum too.

Partner booger

Dec 14, 2006, 10:26 AM
Post #986 of 2461 (9416 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bellaitalia] Monday Morning Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sarah, I'll climb with you if you're doing the screwing...ehrm... I mean leading... Tongue Sly

Partner tisar

Dec 15, 2006, 9:22 AM
Post #987 of 2461 (9380 views)
Shortcut

Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Morn' folks!

Heading for another weekend to party through... Company's x-mas party coming up tonight - a good opportunity to ruin any carreer chances I ever had (of which aren't too many anyway). Those parties tend to gett off limits completely - 500 people, average age around 25 and ready to kill whatever comes away in terms of alcoholic beverages... ouch!

Tomorrow I'll try to get the girl onto a wall. Last time wouldn't have worked out, but this time we'll take the little pricess too, so no dependency on baby sitters. Wish me luck!

Taz, the leg thing sucks. All the best and an extra virtu-metaphysical anti-inflammatory vibe from Berlin.

Have a nice one!

- Daniel

PS: For all the new mods out there: I finally took over Germany (a mess) . How about we develop a Wikipedia-style introduction, with traveling tips, emergency numbers, the main areas, climbing season a.s.o., which is similar in every European country?
Maybe we could even collect a bunch of 'all-over-Europe' info, such as links to the cheap airlines etc. to post it as an introduction?

uasunflower

Dec 15, 2006, 10:44 AM
Post #988 of 2461 (9374 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tisar] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tisar, i don't like those generalizations, i'd keep it personal on country level, but then having a general europe intro page does sound interesting, with maybe a top-ten destination list or smth like that...Otherwise welcome!

Partner booger

Dec 15, 2006, 12:49 PM
Post #989 of 2461 (9365 views)
Shortcut

Re: [uasunflower] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sounds good!

... I still have to sit down and figure out how the new access stuff works, etc. Have been too busy with work and ... other stuff. Pirate

Moritz (Daniel, tell your brother!)- join us in Font for Xmas!! I'll need another injured person to crawl around the organge circuits (or whiskey bottles) with... Also, still have some large climbing shoes and a chalkbag that I think are yours??? Tongue
- we can always pick you up from the train station.

Partner tisar

Dec 15, 2006, 1:08 PM
Post #990 of 2461 (9364 views)
Shortcut

Re: [booger] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

booger wrote:
Sounds good!

... I still have to sit down and figure out how the new access stuff works, etc. Have been too busy with work and ... other stuff. Pirate

Haven't totally worked out the thing either. Just started to sort out the ugliest bs and made some minor merges of double entries.
Maybe if I got more time at hand (not before x-mas that is) I will start to complete entries with long/lat, get any ind of order into the Frankenjure etc. Whole bunch of things to do and guide books to read...
I'd really like to write some introduction/summary for the German front page. But that'll take even more time I fear...

booger wrote:
Moritz (Daniel, tell your brother!)- join us in Font for Xmas!! I'll need another injured person to crawl around the organge circuits (or whiskey bottles) with... Also, still have some large climbing shoes and a chalkbag that I think are yours??? Tongue
- we can always pick you up from the train station.

Moritz's gotta join the unholy x-mas tradition of repeated booze-up in our family's hometown. Sorry. Now, actually not too sorry, since I really wanna see him and the middle one. Nice package that is Cool

- Daniel

uasunflower

Dec 15, 2006, 2:14 PM
Post #991 of 2461 (9367 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

btw how that long/lat thingy works? like how can i know what are the long/lat coordinates of a given point on a map?

Partner tisar

Dec 15, 2006, 2:18 PM
Post #992 of 2461 (9365 views)
Shortcut

Re: [uasunflower] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

uasunflower wrote:
btw how that long/lat thingy works? like how can i know what are the long/lat coordinates of a given point on a map?

When useing google earth, you'll find the alt/lon displayed. Otherwise you'd rely on guide books which often provide gps data.

- Daniel

brux2

Dec 15, 2006, 5:30 PM
Post #993 of 2461 (9344 views)
Shortcut

zermatt accomodation [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hi- since it snowed (and probably will continue) we are planning to go skiing- does anyone of you know a cheap accomodation in or around zermatt, switzerland or know of any other good possibility to go skiing there? can anyone recommend certain routes/ backcountry skiing there/ around the area? thanks!!

mumpitz

Dec 16, 2006, 2:04 PM
Post #994 of 2461 (9333 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

OOhh Taz..

I would really like to join you guys but Daniel is rightUnsure. I'm going fill my stomach with good old german beer and spend the week with the family (witch isn't that bad at all... aahhh... family and beerCool).

But I wish you both a nice Christmas in Fonti and hope you will enjoy it, even with your leg.

For the shoes: I will not make it to Brussels in the next few months (I'm broke and my practical at Outwardbound is starting in mars). So you have to keep them for a while or I can send my flat mate, who is going to stay in Brussels for New Year’s Eve, to get them.

Partner tisar

Dec 18, 2006, 10:01 AM
Post #995 of 2461 (9317 views)
Shortcut

Monday - Hope I'm not the only one [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi folks!

Anybody out there?

Had a perfect weekend. Been climbing with the new girl and the littl'un on Saturday. Shaweeet! Both hooked Cool The kid's unbelievable. She rocketed up that UIAA 5 in the gym without a hard breath. Up to the top and doesn't even care how much slack's in the system (no worries, it wasn't too much).
Mother did a good job too. Looks promising, since she kinda seemed proud of the soreness yesterday. Don't we all know that too well Tongue Now I gotta teach her belaying asap...

Hope you aren't too fed up with x-mas preparations?

Have a nice one!

- Daniel

Partner booger

Dec 18, 2006, 10:17 AM
Post #996 of 2461 (9311 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mumpitz] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Alas, Moritz, we are ice climbing in Italy over the New Year. Don't worry, your shoes are safe and sound until the next time we see you... at least they guarantee you'll have to visit before you go back for good!

Tisar, pictures? Having trouble picturing you as a father-figure... Tongue

Rest of you? Big Xmas or new year plans?

chrtur

Dec 18, 2006, 10:29 AM
Post #997 of 2461 (9308 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

booger wrote:
Alas, Moritz, we are ice climbing in Italy over the New Year.

Where are you going? We went yesterday to Cogne and climb a fall, but most of the ice in the area has not formed yet Mad

Then on Saturday our second winterclimb attempt got spolied with stupid weatherforecast. Last week to much snow and this time wind like hell.

PS. I have a lot of photos and will try to put them up, but not here on RC.com since they still not allow embedded pictures Pirate

Partner tisar

Dec 18, 2006, 10:39 AM
Post #998 of 2461 (9303 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

booger wrote:
Tisar, pictures? Having trouble picturing you as a father-figure... Tongue

Father-figure? Goodness! A little early to think about, isn't it? Though of course I worked in a kindergarden for about 1 1/2 years and all in all seven year olds tend to be relatively easy to handle... Wink

- Daniel

uasunflower

Dec 18, 2006, 1:15 PM
Post #999 of 2461 (9291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

brux - check your pms for lodging info.

Xmas plans - family, working on recovering my foot 100%.

NY - going to ukraine, trying ski touring there, maybe in Austria on the way back. Afterwards in January/february - free w-ends for ice and skis as long as my foot starts working correctly...so who wants to meet where for ice/ski touring in jan/feb?

dr_benway

Dec 18, 2006, 2:54 PM
Post #1000 of 2461 (9281 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chrtur] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chrtur wrote:
booger wrote:
Alas, Moritz, we are ice climbing in Italy over the New Year.

Where are you going? We went yesterday to Cogne and climb a fall, but most of the ice in the area has not formed yet Mad

Then on Saturday our second winterclimb attempt got spolied with stupid weatherforecast. Last week to much snow and this time wind like hell.

PS. I have a lot of photos and will try to put them up, but not here on RC.com since they still not allow embedded pictures Pirate

Ciao Christian! which one did you climb exactly? I'm pretty interested in ice falls conditions over there, too.

Paolo

First page Previous page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 99 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : International : Euro Freaks

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook