Forums: International: Euro Freaks:
Eurofreaks blah blah thread
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Euro Freaks

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 99 Next page Last page  View All


funtom


Dec 18, 2006, 9:01 AM
Post #1001 of 2461 (6640 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 3, 2006
Posts: 100

Re: [uasunflower] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi UA
We planning some (weekends mostly) ICE trips in Jaguar and Zebruar to Austria (Kaunertal, Maltatal, Bad Gastein..), so iŽll keep You informed when and where.
If there will be some ice this yearCrazy


chrtur


Dec 19, 2006, 5:04 AM
Post #1002 of 2461 (6614 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 7, 2005
Posts: 384

Re: [dr_benway] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

dr_benway wrote:
Ciao Christian! which one did you climb exactly? I'm pretty interested in ice falls conditions over there, too.
Paolo

Thanks for the information about fuorivia Wink I now have a supersize foto of us when starting the climb done with a Canon EOS 5D Tongue

I will order some nice printouts now to my office!

- Christian


uasunflower


Dec 19, 2006, 5:42 AM
Post #1003 of 2461 (6607 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 11, 2003
Posts: 1563

Re: [chrtur] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hey, funtom, sure, let me know, but austria is pretty far from me right now - i usually go to switzerland or france...don't know if there are any cheap/convenient flights going that way...

for those skiers of you, check this out http://emmanuel.lefolgoc.free.fr/...hotoski_2006_7_1.htm for some skiing from this season - looks like the snow is finally here!!!


thomasribiere


Dec 19, 2006, 10:36 AM
Post #1004 of 2461 (6592 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 24, 2002
Posts: 9306

Re: [uasunflower] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hey j., if you go down to France, let me know, I usually don't miss any free week-end in winter time : ski, and 1 or 2 bouldering week-ends.


(This post was edited by thomasribiere on Dec 19, 2006, 10:36 AM)


dr_benway


Dec 19, 2006, 12:12 PM
Post #1005 of 2461 (6588 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 18, 2006
Posts: 21

Re: [chrtur] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

chrtur wrote:
dr_benway wrote:
Ciao Christian! which one did you climb exactly? I'm pretty interested in ice falls conditions over there, too.
Paolo

Thanks for the information about fuorivia Wink I now have a supersize foto of us when starting the climb done with a Canon EOS 5D Tongue

I will order some nice printouts now to my office!

- Christian


I gave you two links, and you have chosen the right one. well done! you are clever enough! Wink
That's our new forum, since we had some problems with planetmountain.
Please help us with other infos about ice conditions, whenever you will have some. Smile

For anyone else:

http://www.fuorivia.com/forum/


(This post was edited by dr_benway on Dec 19, 2006, 12:14 PM)


bellaitalia


Dec 19, 2006, 12:46 PM
Post #1006 of 2461 (6583 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 10, 2004
Posts: 72

Re: [dr_benway] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

dr_benway wrote:
chrtur wrote:
dr_benway wrote:
Ciao Christian! which one did you climb exactly? I'm pretty interested in ice falls conditions over there, too.
Paolo

Thanks for the information about fuorivia Wink I now have a supersize foto of us when starting the climb done with a Canon EOS 5D Tongue

I will order some nice printouts now to my office!

- Christian


I gave you two links, and you have chosen the right one. well done! you are clever enough! Wink
That's our new forum, since we had some problems with planetmountain.
Please help us with other infos about ice conditions, whenever you will have some. Smile

For anyone else:

http://www.fuorivia.com/forum/


Be careful though Christian. By the time you get a chance to check this new forum, they will probably have moved to a different new forum at least two more times. Wink


dr_benway


Dec 19, 2006, 2:11 PM
Post #1007 of 2461 (6577 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 18, 2006
Posts: 21

Re: [bellaitalia] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

bellaitalia wrote:
dr_benway wrote:
chrtur wrote:
dr_benway wrote:
Ciao Christian! which one did you climb exactly? I'm pretty interested in ice falls conditions over there, too.
Paolo

Thanks for the information about fuorivia Wink I now have a supersize foto of us when starting the climb done with a Canon EOS 5D Tongue

I will order some nice printouts now to my office!

- Christian


I gave you two links, and you have chosen the right one. well done! you are clever enough! Wink
That's our new forum, since we had some problems with planetmountain.
Please help us with other infos about ice conditions, whenever you will have some. Smile

For anyone else:

http://www.fuorivia.com/forum/


Be careful though Christian. By the time you get a chance to check this new forum, they will probably have moved to a different new forum at least two more times. Wink


Tongue

I'll let you know, anyway. Wink


Partner booger


Dec 20, 2006, 1:20 AM
Post #1008 of 2461 (6570 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 23, 2003
Posts: 1163

Re: [uasunflower] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Julia, I must have missed your foot thing - what happened? Boy, this is the Season of Injuries! Doesn't sound like skiing may be the best recuperation plan...? Unsure But I totally understand. i'm going stir-crazy!!!!

Don't know yet about the ice locations, Christian, as usual we'll figure it out once we get there... we've got Michele (Italian WI V hardman) so I'll on the soft end of the leash, just following wherever he goes. Or rather.. TRYING to follow without breaking the other ankle Laugh.. ehrm...[insert scared, maybe to the point of pooing emoticon]


Partner tisar


Dec 20, 2006, 7:31 AM
Post #1009 of 2461 (6553 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 1, 2004
Posts: 2577

Re: [booger] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi folks!

Been working on the rdb the whole day. Added a small description of Berlin (critic welcome) and some of the bouldering locations here.

Hope you're all well resp. healing and you're looking forward to whatever x-mas might have in for you.

Enjoy the bells!

- Daniel


uasunflower


Dec 20, 2006, 7:51 AM
Post #1010 of 2461 (6547 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 11, 2003
Posts: 1563

Re: [booger] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

booger wrote:
Julia, I must have missed your foot thing - what happened? Boy, this is the Season of Injuries! Doesn't sound like skiing may be the best recuperation plan...? Unsure But I totally understand. i'm going stir-crazy!!!!

i fell in callanques 5 weeks ago, screwed my ankle - badly sprained, am finally walking normally, should be climbing after jan 15...


Partner tisar


Dec 20, 2006, 7:59 AM
Post #1011 of 2461 (6542 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 1, 2004
Posts: 2577

Re: [uasunflower] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

uasunflower wrote:
booger wrote:
Julia, I must have missed your foot thing - what happened? Boy, this is the Season of Injuries! Doesn't sound like skiing may be the best recuperation plan...? Unsure But I totally understand. i'm going stir-crazy!!!!

i fell in callanques 5 weeks ago, screwed my ankle - badly sprained, am finally walking normally, should be climbing after jan 15...

Ouch. Didn't sound _that_ bad the first time you mentioned it Frown Sorry!

Hope that the whole x-mas/new year/whatever thing keeps you busy until you finally can re-hit the road.

Be well!

- Daniel


uasunflower


Dec 21, 2006, 4:04 AM
Post #1012 of 2461 (6522 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 11, 2003
Posts: 1563

Re: [tisar] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

that's why i became switzerland manager - not to go crazy in front of my pc all day...Pirate


Partner tisar


Dec 21, 2006, 6:03 AM
Post #1013 of 2461 (6513 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 1, 2004
Posts: 2577

Re: [uasunflower] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

uasunflower wrote:
that's why i became switzerland manager - not to go crazy in front of my pc all day...Pirate

Had I just the slightest idea how much time and effort it takes to sort the German db... shoot. Three weeks in a weelchair at least. Means I hope dearly never to finish that task (knock on wood).

Nice work with Switzerland! Makes me eager to get back there...

- Daniel


petje


Dec 22, 2006, 2:10 AM
Post #1014 of 2461 (6487 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 10, 2003
Posts: 309

Re: [tisar] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

My offer still stands! if i can help sorting it out...
Maybe look over NRW and or RP?


Partner booger


Dec 22, 2006, 2:16 AM
Post #1015 of 2461 (6486 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 23, 2003
Posts: 1163

Re: [petje] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Petje, we have to powers here... you'll have to pm ddt to get set up on that. Sounds good to the rest of us, though! Wink


Partner tisar


Dec 22, 2006, 2:42 AM
Post #1016 of 2461 (6484 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 1, 2004
Posts: 2577

Re: [petje] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

petje wrote:
My offer still stands! if i can help sorting it out...
Maybe look over NRW and or RP?

Hey folks! Last days before the yearly family crash :D

@Petje
Sure! Actually I'd say the best way would be to volunteer as AM too. I don't think that either Gabe or Daniel (sbaclimber / ddt) has anything against it.

The Pfalz is still empty as my bank account, NRW could need some update... damn, there's work enough for ten people.

It all would be easier if people still could contribute if they want. But without being AM you can't submit anything... at least not seriouly.

- Daniel


petje


Dec 22, 2006, 3:32 AM
Post #1017 of 2461 (6479 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 10, 2003
Posts: 309

Re: [tisar] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

What if i submit stuff as a user? you only have to validate it! Cool


Partner tisar


Dec 22, 2006, 3:36 AM
Post #1018 of 2461 (6478 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 1, 2004
Posts: 2577

Re: [petje] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

petje wrote:
What if i submit stuff as a user? you only have to validate it! Cool

Unfortunatly 'validating' means to fricken copy/paste every single line you type Crazy. AM is the way to go!

- Daniel


overlord


Dec 22, 2006, 3:41 AM
Post #1019 of 2461 (6473 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 25, 2002
Posts: 14120

Re: [tisar] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

well, new routes supposedly dont require validation anymore, but crags/sections do.

so just sumbit the backbone (crags+sections) in a batch so AM can chew through it at least kindof fast (and make sure you wont have to correct your submission too much), then move on to submitting routes.

i didnt have to c+p anything when i validated a few changes... just clicked the validate all box (i think) and that was it. has this changed?


Partner tisar


Dec 22, 2006, 3:50 AM
Post #1020 of 2461 (6470 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 1, 2004
Posts: 2577

Re: [overlord] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

overlord wrote:
well, new routes supposedly dont require validation anymore, but crags/sections do.

so just sumbit the backbone (crags+sections) in a batch so AM can chew through it at least kindof fast (and make sure you wont have to correct your submission too much), then move on to submitting routes.

i didnt have to c+p anything when i validated a few changes... just clicked the validate all box (i think) and that was it. has this changed?

Could be I'm just too dumb. But I think, the last time I clicked the validate all button and really had a hard time to find the whole mess in my cache 'cause it was all gone...

Anyway, it's not just a few changes but whole regions which are empty right now and need to be entered thoroughly.

- Daniel


(This post was edited by tisar on Dec 22, 2006, 3:52 AM)


uasunflower


Dec 22, 2006, 8:31 AM
Post #1021 of 2461 (6475 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 11, 2003
Posts: 1563

Re: [tisar] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

As far as i understand, new regions/sections/areas added by users appear under editor notes and from there you have to create them using the G-browser. I don't know if the user even gets an email to inform him that you have completed his/her request. It's not bad if the country is organized already. It can quickly become a mess when it's not. Users can add routes directly w/o validation - i usually add routes as a user, w/o getting into the whole gossamer thing.

Don't worry, Daniel, i'm far from done on switzerland - and as my foot is getting better, my time will hopefully soon be diverted by more 'active' hobbies...


funtom


Dec 23, 2006, 3:04 AM
Post #1022 of 2461 (6464 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 3, 2006
Posts: 100

Re: [uasunflower] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey, my unseen friends, I wish You some good climbing equipment delivered by Santa and Merry Christmas
See Ya next Year.
Funtom (jammed in shop, finally workingWink )


Partner tisar


Dec 23, 2006, 3:29 AM
Post #1023 of 2461 (6460 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 1, 2004
Posts: 2577

Re: [funtom] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

funtom wrote:
Hey, my unseen friends, I wish You some good climbing equipment delivered by Santa and Merry Christmas
See Ya next Year.
Funtom (jammed in shop, finally workingWink )

Hey out there!

Yeah, let's finally get some Eastern European FreakFeast done next year. Until then:

Have a freakin nice x-mas and a gas in trying on the New year.
May it fit and serve you well and bring on a whole world of new experiences.

CU then!

- Daniel


timstich


Dec 23, 2006, 3:34 AM
Post #1024 of 2461 (6458 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 2, 2003
Posts: 6267

Re: [uasunflower] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

uasunflower wrote:
booger wrote:
Julia, I must have missed your foot thing - what happened? Boy, this is the Season of Injuries! Doesn't sound like skiing may be the best recuperation plan...? Unsure But I totally understand. i'm going stir-crazy!!!!

i fell in callanques 5 weeks ago, screwed my ankle - badly sprained, am finally walking normally, should be climbing after jan 15...

Hey Julia. Arrrgh! I sprained my MCL on the left knee skiing three weeks ago. It was at the end of the day of my first downhill lesson. I'm climbing again fortunately, but it's all snowy outside with this blizzard we got mid week.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e217/timstich/dudewherecar.jpg

Heal up soon and well.


(This post was edited by timstich on Dec 23, 2006, 3:35 AM)


overlord


Dec 23, 2006, 4:37 AM
Post #1025 of 2461 (6454 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 25, 2002
Posts: 14120

Re: [timstich] Friday! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

happy xmas everybody, hope you have a good one... and that your loved ones know what gear to buyTongue

First page Previous page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 99 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : International : Euro Freaks

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook