RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

01grander

Dec 28, 2006, 2:48 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1612 views)
Shortcut

Edelrid Live Wire 9.8?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I just bought this at REI and i saw only one review on it by one person but it was a diff diameter. Anybody have any experience w/ it? It seems like its a pretty good rope. I had a nondry and exchanged that for this simply b/c the edelrid is dry treated on the sheath and core. Any opinions would be helpful

coastal_climber

Dec 28, 2006, 3:30 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1599 views)
Shortcut

Re: [01grander] Edelrid Live Wire 9.8? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

One of the latest Rock & Ice mags had a rope review, and the Live Wire was included. Check out http://www.outdoorreview.com/reviewscrx.aspx

kylethemonkey

Dec 28, 2006, 6:22 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1567 views)
Shortcut

Re: [01grander] Edelrid Live Wire 9.8? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I bought this rope about a month ago and have been using it heavily ever since. Straight off the shelf it didn't need to be flaked to prevent kinks and now after about 10-15 climbing days on it very few kinks have been seen and none have made it to the belay device. I'm used to using a 10.5 rope and I'm not sure whether it's this rope, my new draws, or both but this rope pulls very easy. As can be expected with any rope it was a little stiff in the beginning making it hard to cinch knots but now there is no problem. The only disadvantage I can see is that it's not a dual colored rope as my next rope will be (but those cost another 75$ for a 70 meter rope). It came marked in the center with yellow tape.

I like it.

01grander

Dec 28, 2006, 2:32 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1546 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kylethemonkey] Edelrid Live Wire 9.8? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok thanks guys for the response this is my first rope so i wanted to get a good one. Weve been using a friends rope for awhile and i was being cheap. It seems like its a good rope for being dry both on the sheath and core as well as being 70m.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook