46er

Dec 11, 2006, 2:03 PM
Post #26 of 39 (818 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Everest: Beyond The Limit [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
Wow.. folks who can't even climb a ladder... i wonder if there is any sort of skill evaluation before people get put onto these teams..

sucks mogens had to go down. like he said tho he has it in him.. it just wasn't his day. and luckily so cuz he woulda been screwed in all that mess

some of the other groups that have gone up after the group they are following are ridiculous. They have the lines all tangled and are creating a huge road block.

I feel pretty bad for mogens too, i'm sure if he had used oxygen he could have made it

46er

Dec 21, 2006, 2:47 PM
Post #27 of 39 (780 views)
Shortcut

Re: [46er] Everest: Beyond The Limit [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

anyone see the last episode? I can't believe how quickly frostbite set in for those guys. The motorcycle guy tim was lucky to make it down the moutain at all. I thought the sherpa was ready to just leave him there.

plund

Dec 21, 2006, 11:03 PM
Post #28 of 39 (725 views)
Shortcut

Re: [46er] Everest: Beyond The Limit [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Okay, I'm revising my initial "cheesy" rating...for no more reason than the unbelievable Sherpa-cam photography....HOLY CRAP! There's one shot where the Sherpa is climbing the fixed ladder, stops & looks over his right shoulder & about 10000 feet of exposure....sphincter-clenching good! Tim & the Frenchman are both lucky to be alive, especially Gerard...couldn't believe Tim got as high as he did...
okay, enough already....

jakedatc

Dec 21, 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #29 of 39 (722 views)
Shortcut

Re: [plund] Everest: Beyond The Limit [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

How about that lead sherpa just tossing the guy on his back and hauling his ass all the way back to camp.. 120lbs at 8k meters.. fuuuuck

They couldnt do anything for the english guy on the way back down... they could have on the way up since the guide clearly saw him since he said he did. They could have called for help.. It sucks they had to make Max feel like he was the only one bailing in the guy.

Gerard and Tim are prime examples of noobs on the mountain that have no clue. They got that high up but made so many mistakes that if they werent being spoon fed everything they'd have been screwed. Without the sherpa they would have tried to crawl to the summit and died..

oh well.. there were at least some good people on there that made it worth watching. props to the guys who summited and to mogens and the firefighter for bailing when they knew it wasn't smart.

46er

Dec 27, 2006, 1:30 PM
Post #30 of 39 (692 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Everest: Beyond The Limit [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

That sherpa was amazing who carried the guy down. Tim is a serious knucklehead, he's really lucky he had the sherpa to keep pushing him along. I'm amazed he didn't get some serious frostbite.

I hope mogens makes it to the summit next year, the guy seems like a class act

Partner booger

Dec 27, 2006, 2:12 PM
Post #31 of 39 (686 views)
Shortcut

Re: [plund] Everest: Beyond The Limit [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

plund wrote:
Seems there are several people on the trip who need to remove their head from a crevice....

Laugh Classic!

Anybody taping this stuff? Doesn't sound like it'll make it to this side of the pond, otherwise.

mdavid01

Dec 27, 2006, 5:12 PM
Post #32 of 39 (652 views)
Shortcut

Re: [booger] Everest: Beyond The Limit [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

if anything this show demonstrates the awesome heart and capabilities of the sherpas. Those guys should have their own show.

areyoumydude

Dec 27, 2006, 6:15 PM
Post #33 of 39 (646 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mdavid01] Everest: Beyond The Limit [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

mdavid01 wrote:
if anything this show demonstrates the awesome heart and capabilities of the sherpas. Those guys should have their own show.

I can see it now, "Sherpa vs Mountain".

htotsu

Dec 27, 2006, 9:32 PM
Post #34 of 39 (618 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mdavid01] Everest: Beyond The Limit [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

mdavid01 wrote:
Now THAT I might watch. I would be very interested in hearing their stories, esp. their perpectives on preparation and the people who are trying this climb in recent years.

Partner euroford

Dec 28, 2006, 4:46 PM
Post #35 of 39 (586 views)
Shortcut

Re: [htotsu] Everest: Beyond The Limit [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

that shit was sad. what a sorry state everest is in, and what a bunch of fools.

firststep

Dec 28, 2006, 6:38 PM
Post #36 of 39 (576 views)
Shortcut

Re: [] Everest: Beyond The Limit [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

As a noob, on a side note, I feel the show might get a few more sensible committed people into climbing. I have been wanting to take the top-rope course in my local gym for a while, and this show got me moving. After viewing the show and from my experiences in other sports, I have no interest to write a check for $42,000 and head up Everest. However, after bouldering a bit and top-roping a few times recently, I have become very interested in the sport and hope to contribute positively to it and others. The last thing I'd want to do is become a roadblock for others in a potentially dangerous environment. This thinking might be the minority, but hopefully the negatives shown in the series will show that it's not all butterflies and sunshine up there. Just my $0.02...

Partner euroford

Dec 28, 2006, 8:31 PM
Post #37 of 39 (566 views)
Shortcut

Re: [firststep] Everest: Beyond The Limit [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey man, go ahead and write that check. after seeing that show i think your fully prepaired to give the big E a shot!

go send!

firststep

Dec 28, 2006, 8:34 PM
Post #38 of 39 (563 views)
Shortcut

Re: [euroford] Everest: Beyond The Limit [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Still a noob, but I know I can do better on that ladder Wink (or at least know I don't belong there!)

Partner euroford

Dec 29, 2006, 4:00 PM
Post #39 of 39 (542 views)
Shortcut

Re: [firststep] Everest: Beyond The Limit [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

the only ladders to be used in a non construction enviroment are made by Yates.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook