RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

dredel

Dec 31, 2006, 1:15 PM
Post #1 of 4 (714 views)
Shortcut

Looking for a 3 day hike in Missouri
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm looking for a three day hike in Missouri. Something with some climbing? I was curious if anyone had any past expierence in Missouri and could suggest some good places? Thanks.

altelis

Dec 31, 2006, 1:23 PM
Post #2 of 4 (712 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dredel] Looking for a 3 day hike in Missouri [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

not too familiar with mo, but this doesn't really belong in the "TR" forum until AFTER the trip is doneWink

maybe repost in the "regional" sections....

and totally random but this smiley--Shocked, definitely needs to be renamed to [bj]....

flatlandtrav

Dec 31, 2006, 2:59 PM
Post #3 of 4 (701 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Check out the Katy Trail. It goes most of the way across MO and there is probably some climbing around the Columbia/Jeff City area.

Partner slacklinejoe

Dec 31, 2006, 4:53 PM
Post #4 of 4 (693 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Depending on where your at the Katy trail would be acceptable, but I cannot think of any where the climbing is prime, might be there, just can't remember any sections specifically. I take it you were just wanting to do bouldering or were you actually planning to rope up?

For a great list of trails here in Missouri (or anywhere in the states) go to http://www.trails.com, sign up for the free trial membership (no, they won't try to charge your CC as long as you cancel the membership by day 14 or whatever) and you'll get tons of detailed trail maps and descriptions. It pulls from thousands of published guide books so you can just get the trail info on just the ones you need.

You might even decide it's worth the $40 / year subscription or it'll point you to the guide books that you found the most useful.

I don't have a subscription right now but I'm considering it since the quality of the trial maps and such were so good and I'm all over the area needing river guides as well as trail guides.

(This post was edited by slacklinejoe on Dec 31, 2006, 4:54 PM)

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook