RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

musicman

Jan 12, 2007, 6:10 PM
Post #1 of 8 (734 views)
Shortcut

Photo Size Too Big
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have just got a new digital camera. When i originally was taking pictures it was taking them at the biggest dimensions, something like 2112x2816. To upload a photo onto this site your original image may not exceed 1MB or 2000x2000 pixels in size. I am also using a new laptop, a MacBook. I'm not used to everything on this laptop yet, and haven't been able to figure it all out. Is there anyway that I can change my photo size, once they're already on my hard drive to fit the 1 MB specs?

dynosore

Jan 12, 2007, 6:23 PM
Post #2 of 8 (730 views)
Shortcut

Re: [musicman] Photo Size Too Big [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Upload it to a site like imagecave.com or the like. Then you can resize it, it's an option when you open the picture.

Or...use Paint (or the Mac equivalent), stretch/skew picture to xx% (80% for instance).

weatherm

Jan 12, 2007, 6:46 PM
Post #3 of 8 (718 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Get a program that can resize a image. Irfanview for Windows works great and its free. I'm sure theres Mac stuff out there.

brotherbbock

Jan 12, 2007, 7:48 PM
Post #4 of 8 (704 views)
Shortcut

Re: [weatherm] Photo Size Too Big [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Open it in paint. Click on Image, then attributes. Resize to 2000 x 2000 pixels.

Partner thespider

Jan 12, 2007, 8:06 PM
Post #5 of 8 (698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

musicman wrote:
I have just got a new digital camera. When i originally was taking pictures it was taking them at the biggest dimensions, something like 2112x2816. To upload a photo onto this site your original image may not exceed 1MB or 2000x2000 pixels in size. I am also using a new laptop, a MacBook. I'm not used to everything on this laptop yet, and haven't been able to figure it all out. Is there anyway that I can change my photo size, once they're already on my hard drive to fit the 1 MB specs?

Good choice of computer! A couple apps exist to edit photos, some popular, some not. Photoshop is a big one, another is Graphic Converter. iPhoto will work too, and will already be on your computer. You can select a photo in iPhoto and go to File->Export. There you can choose "file export" and change the size and type. If you want to change the dpi, you will need one of the other two apps. Good luck!

musicman

Jan 12, 2007, 8:40 PM
Post #6 of 8 (684 views)
Shortcut

Re: [thespider] Photo Size Too Big [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thespider wrote:
musicman wrote:

Good choice of computer! A couple apps exist to edit photos, some popular, some not. Photoshop is a big one, another is Graphic Converter. iPhoto will work too, and will already be on your computer. You can select a photo in iPhoto and go to File->Export. There you can choose "file export" and change the size and type. If you want to change the dpi, you will need one of the other two apps. Good luck!

Thank You!!!!!!!! I had Photoshop on my old PC (very glad to be on a Mac, but that's a dead horse not worth bringing up) and just wasn't sure what to do in iPhoto. duh...export......its the first week of the semester, my brain hasn't quite started working from the christmas break yet. anyway, thanks SO much!

Partner thespider

Jan 12, 2007, 8:46 PM
Post #7 of 8 (678 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

musicman wrote:
thespider wrote:
musicman wrote:

Thank You!!!!!!!! I had Photoshop on my old PC (very glad to be on a Mac, but that's a dead horse not worth bringing up) and just wasn't sure what to do in iPhoto. duh...export......its the first week of the semester, my brain hasn't quite started working from the christmas break yet. anyway, thanks SO much!

Hey no problem, thats my job! If you ever need Mac support, drop me a line!

getsomeethics

Jan 12, 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #8 of 8 (661 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

does anyone know of a program where you can enter the final size in pixels, or in kb you want as well as desired quality (of jpg say) and it will resize accordingly?

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook